Sign in to follow this  
realtruelove

McBeane gave Peterman his shot....

On 9/12/2018 at 3:16 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

That's why Peterman's collasall struggles are odd since throwing the man open was supposed to be one of his few strengths? Allen starting this soon behind a terrible OL will have one of 2 outcomes. 

1 David Carr- he gets the snot knocked out of him and never establishes confidence. 

2 Troy Aikman- he gets beat up his rookie year and goes on to have an amazing career.

I think there is a big middle ground in terms of career that exists between David Carr, and Troy Aikman. It is hardly a one or the other outcome.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nathan-peterman?id=2558191
Strengths

Smooth, quick set-up in pocket. Grips the ball with big, 10-inch hands. Poised in pocket and takes the hit to deliver a completion. Will set-up, slide and then re-set before making his throw. Can cut it loose from off-balance angles from bootleg or play-action if he sees a winning option break open early. Full field reader. Works all the way through his progressions. Shoots glances at safeties to keep them in check. Strong natural accuracy. Able to throw receivers open and lead them away from danger. Can pinpoint passes to moving targets in his intermediate work. Has enough arm to work field side, intermediate throws. Great vision. Sees passing windows before they develop. Throws with outstanding timing and anticipation. Can put the ball on receivers' hands as soon as they come out of a break if coverage dictates it. Utilizes accuracy and anticipation to challenge windows on all three levels. Won at Clemson hanging five touchdown passes on their talented stop unit. Good escapability and can extend drives with his legs. Excellent deep ball accuracy completing 46.2 percent of his deep throws.

Weaknesses

Inconsistent delivery base causes some throws to sail. Has instances where he short strides and is forced to muscle it to his target. Will float some throws on seams and dig routes. Will have to be mindful to drive the ball on pro level to avoid the ballhawks who are lurking at safety. Has to prove he has enough arm to challenge the same tight windows he did in college. Ball handling a little sluggish in wide receiver screens, hitches and most RPOs (run, pass option). Wants to play hero-ball at times. Needs to learn when to air-mail throw and move to next play rather than trying to get too cute with sideline throws. Can improve overall touch.

Draft Projection

Round 3-4

Sources Tell Us

"I like him. He made me a believer when I watched him against Clemson. I do want to see him throw live and get a feel for how the ball comes out. I never saw him in person and you can't get a feel for that stuff on tape." - NFC Director of Personnel

NFL Comparison

Kirk Cousins

Bottom Line

Peterman's experience in a pro-style passing attack gives him a head start headed into the league. His physical attributes are just average, but his accuracy, composure and anticipation are what sets him apart from some of the more physically gifted quarterbacks in this year's draft. Peterman's tape is sure to catch the eye of at least a few teams in need of a quarterback and he should come off the board by day two with a chance to become a solid starting quarterback in the future.

Edited by TwistofFate
  • Haha 1

To keep things in perspective, Petermans 4 games in the NFL have been played against the best defenses in the league, (Ravens, Chargers, Jaguars) the other was in Blizzard, (Colts)  with the latest in a monsoon. 

People need to give the kid some slack. 

The only reason Allen is the starter this week is because if it's going to look as bad as it was last week, it might as well be chalked up to learning experience for your rookie franchise Qb. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

To keep things in perspective, Petermans 4 games in the NFL have been played against the best defenses in the league, (Ravens, Chargers, Jaguars) the other was in Blizzard, (Colts)  with the latest in a monsoon. 

The only reason Allen is the starter this week is because if it's going to look as bad as it was last week, it might as well be chalked up to learning experience for your rookie franchise Qb. 

No. People not to stop making excuses for a terrible Quarterback. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

His play didn’t translate into the NFL. 

He's had a tough start to his career. It's not over. Especially considering both starts were on the road vs good defense and the Bills offense lacked weapons. 

We have seen his college scouting report many times, but who cares at this juncture.  The Josh Allen Era begins!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

The same monsoon in which Flacco went 25/34 for 236 yards and 3 TD?  Must've had the wind at his back all game.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Even when playing against the very best defences a quarterback can still show competence and traits. Peterman is not an NFL qb period..he lacks the physical ability and the mental composure . 

Well, hopefully the XFL took notice and he'll get a chance there. Seems like a nice guy, but I'm not sure he's even a viable back-up at this point. 

47 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

He's had a tough start to his career. It's not over. Especially considering both starts were on the road vs good defense and the Bills offense lacked weapons. 

It's over.

• Like 3

The only time Peterman looked like a competitive player was the blizzard game against the Colts.

Now, why is that? Well first off no one would confuse the Colts defense with the 85 Bears. Second and more important, with all the snow on the ground it slowed the defenders down which in turn slowed the whole pace of play down. 

I like Peterman as a person. I think the game just moves way too fast at the NFL level for him to process. No shame in that. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Maybe we can drop the Ravens from the best D list, after last night's game?.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No. People not to stop making excuses for a terrible Quarterback. 

I hope we can do the same for Allen if/when the time comes.  That will be the real test for the fanbase.

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

The truth does hurt. Petermans done brother. 

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

No slack needs to be given. Hes been the worst QB Ive seen on the Bills in over 35yrs. 

• Like 1

The reason why Peterman won the job was because he looked good in the preseason & by the looks of the Bills secondary last week it's no wonder he looked good that should say something ! 

All that said they still should have kept AJ just incase something like this happened & they didn't want to throw Josh in right away it would have given him at least 2 weeks to see how things go in game speed ! 

• Like 1

He was not ready to play in the NFL.  His coaches may have ruined his career by playing him too early.  He needs to increase his arm strength before he’s ready for more than anything other than a #3 QB role.  I like McDermott but his Peterman decisions will haunt him for awhile.  

Peterman NFL Scouting Report

Strengths:  Is scared of his own shadow when playing.  Has no confidence at all.  Panics like Beeker from the muppets at the slightest sight of pressure, but also holds the ball too long and gets sacked.  Throws a weak, inconsistent, slow, almost sad looking ball.  Throws interceptions every five or six throws.  Is awful.  Makes teammates much worse than they would otherwise be, even on really crap teams.  Makes fans sad about things even outside of football.  Has a stupid pouty face.  Is literally the worst statistical QB in the modern era of the NFL.  Reversing his completions and interceptions in his first start would actually improve his numbers.  Threw an incomplete pass in his third start that actually improved his QB Rating.  The most unnatural jankass QB alive.  Is to NFL offensive success what Hitler was to European peace in the mid 20th century.

Weaknesses:  The above listed strengths actually overstate Peterman's value as a quarterback.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

It rained yes, but it was not a monsoon. There were several times where the rain let up completely.

Also, if the Ravens are one of the best I assume they must have played the best QB in the world last night.

Peterman is just bad.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He was not ready to play in the NFL.  His coaches may have ruined his career by playing him too early.  He needs to increase his arm strength before he’s ready for more than anything other than a #3 QB role.  I like McDermott but his Peterman decisions will haunt him for awhile.  

No. 

You don't ruin QB's they either have it or they don't.

Peterman doesnt have it, he overthrew a wide open crossing route last Sunday. It was nowhere near the WR and was intercepted. 

• Like 1

I’d rather have a team of EJs than a team with one Peterman on the bench. 

Stick a fork in him

35 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Seriously, just bring a vet in and cut him.  He should NEVER see the field again.  Great guy, crappy QB!

He was so bad, that the coach has to keep him for awhile just to save face. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Gigs said:

I’d rather have a team of EJs than a team with one Peterman on the bench. 

Stick a fork in him

I had somebody telling me yesterday that EJ manuel wasn't a bad QB...