McBeane gave Peterman his shot....

realtruelove

Because he "earned it"  My guess is McBeane already had Josh's backup on his radar and this game 1 audition was Peterman's last chance to prove he could play under "live" fire.  They intended for Allen to start very early in the season when they traded McCarron.  Watch them sign Paxton Lynch.

38 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Because he "earned it"  My guess is McBeane already had Josh's backup on his radar and this game 1 audition was Peterman's last chance to prove he could play under "live" fire.  They intended for Allen to start very early in the season when they traded McCarron.  Watch them sign Paxton Lynch.

I think that would be good. Get him signed and let Peterman go see his therapist.

53 minutes ago, stuvian said:

shot played and over

He let him get shot by the firing squad. He’s the sacrificial lamb until we can block a little, maybe get open once in a while, and hopefully learn to catch. It is NOT about the next game, or even this year.   #SaveAllen

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Success said:

I think the only hesitation right now is wanting to protect Allen.

But they have to throw some caution to the wind on that.  He has to start.

Exactly...if u listen to McD, he explains that it wasn’t just because of performance that Allen wasn’t the starter, but also “the people around him” on the field.

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

He let him get shot by the firing squad. He’s the sacrificial lamb until we can block a little, maybe get open once in a while, and hopefully learn to catch. It is NOT about the next game, or even this year.   #SaveAllen

That’s the problem right there. While resetting the roster they let it get so bad that their best bet may be to waste a year of development for Allen. That’s a sad state for an NFL team and when Allen goes through his bumps the second year that’s a year closer towards his payday. The beauty of hitting on a first round QB is the five years of control at a minimal cost. These clowns don’t even have a roster where it’s safe to let him develop. 

That’s not how a professional team is supposed to be run. It’s a disgrace. 

Edited by Commonsense
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

That’s the problem right there. While resetting the roster they let it get so bad that their best bet may be to waste a year of development for Allen. That’s a sad state for an NFL team and when Allen goes through his bumps the second year that’s a year closer towards his payday. The beauty of hitting on a first round QB is the five years of control at a minimal cost. These clowns don’t even have a roster where it’s safe to let him develop. 

That’s not how a professional team is supposed to be run. It’s a disgrace. 

No, it’s not a waste or a disgrace. It’s just wise to move along slowly. Is a home game in weeks 5-6 a good time? Maybe. Is throwing hem in to get beaten to death against the Chargers Sunday a good thing? Probably not. 

And by saying “they let it get so bad”, we have to remember how many drafts these guys have had. ONE. And a TON of dead cap space, which will soon be corrected. This was set up over a long period of time. You don’t fix that over night. Rational people get that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Augie said:

No, it’s not a waste or a disgrace. It’s just wise to move along slowly. Is a home game in weeks 5-6 a good time? Maybe. Is throwing hem in to get beaten to death against the Chargers Sunday a good thing? Probably not. 

He wasted snaps day after day on AJM, who isn’t even on the team anymore and Nate P. who is totally inept. They haven’t prioritized Allen’s development. It is a shame, the only solution they attempted on the offensive line was Bodine. Another mistake which could have been eliminated by Beane and his scouts simply looking at his former teams message boards. When fans are desperate to get a guy out of town does he ever go onto have success at his next stop? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I think the only hesitation right now is wanting to protect Allen.

But they have to throw some caution to the wind on that.  He has to start.

I agree with this post.  

Peterman can't even compete with this offensive line and they know Allen's skill set gives the team a much better chance to win.  However, they may have wanted to avoid exposing him to play behind that line.  Now it can't even be hidden because of how poorly Peterman played.  You can at least game plan with a bad line and Allen's skills.   I would not be surprised if Peterman still gets the nod - as they may try to push that decision as far down the road as they possibly can.  

Our offensive line is the worst I've seen in my years of being a fan.   It's a terrible spot to be in.  I mean, he can't "learn" by watching Peterman and that o-line.

In any other circumstance, NP would have been sent packing by midnight yesterday.  But since our line is SO bad, he probably starts this Sunday just to keep Allen from getting killed by the Chargers.  

If I were NP, I'm not which I would fear more: getting sent home now, or facing another Chargers debacle behind this line … ?

I just don't understand why they traded McCarron when the QB's consist of a rookie and and 2nd year QB with 2 starts that resulted in 5 pics in the first half and zero complete games behind a reshuffled, vastly downgraded O-line.  They could afford his cap - they signed him.  He would be no worse than Peterman and another player to take snaps to provide time for Allen's development.

9 minutes ago, gobillsatthebeach said:

I just don't understand why they traded McCarron when the QB's consist of a rookie and and 2nd year QB with 2 starts that resulted in 5 pics in the first half and zero complete games behind a reshuffled, vastly downgraded O-line.  They could afford his cap - they signed him.  He would be no worse than Peterman and another player to take snaps to provide time for Allen's development.

Beane needed to rocoup the 7th he wasted trading for Coleman and then cutting him...

regardless it was a very irresponsible, shortsighted decision. Another bad omen for beane. 

Edited by COTC