Bills vs. Ravens: 2nd Half Game Day Thread - Josh Allen In!

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

My point is that I do not think the result would have been any different with many (or most) other QBs.  We have huge problems across the board.  If we focus on Peterman alone, we will ignore the fact that this team has enormous problems (players, coaching, front office).

We have other problems. But you cannot trot that utter shambles of a QB out again. You have to start there with the changes. 

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

McCoach said that he needs to look at the tape.

Hmmm.

I feel sorry for him having to watch that tape. 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Peter said:

I get your point, but the problem with Josh is that he is so raw to begin with . . . he is a lot less refined than someone like an Andrew Luck was when he came into the league.

And so he grows with the team. He doesn't get any better sitting or watching NP play ahead of him. Let him grow.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

We have other problems. But you cannot trot that utter shambles of a QB out again. You have to start there with the changes. 

The problem is that we backed ourselves in a corner.

We traded AJ (which I thought was a mistake for a variety of reasons).

We have managed to create a horrible offensive line.

Right now, the alternative to starting Peterman (who was horrible) is starting Josh.  I think Josh has potential (how much I do not know) and is VERY raw.  I would hope that we do not destroy or stunt whatever potential he might have by getting him killed behind that line.

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Right now, the alternative to starting Peterman (who was horrible) is starting Josh.  I think Josh has potential (how much I do not know) and is VERY raw.  I would hope that we do not destroy or stunt whatever potential he might have by getting him killed behind that line.

How did we create a horrible o line when two of them left themselves?

Olinemen are the most difficult players to find in free agency. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are you confusing scared with no receivers open?

No I'm seeing a guy who panics back there.  Hence his INTs. One on an overthrow(how the hell do you overthrow a 6'5" WR by 10 feet), and one on a panic throw under pressure. Allen does not. He still seems calm. He might take a bunch of sacks but I'd rather that than a dude who will throw a ball up for grabs.

Edited by matter2003

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

My point is that I do not think the result would have been any different with many (or most) other QBs.  We have huge problems across the board.  If we focus on Peterman alone, we will ignore the fact that this team has enormous problems (players, coaching, front office).

Clueless.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

No I'm seeing a guy who panics back there.  Hence his INTs. One on an overthrow(how the hell do you overthrow a 6'5" WR), and one on a panic throw under pressure. Allen does not. He still seems calm. He might take a bunch of sacks but I'd rather that than a dude who will throw a ball up for grabs.

Benjamin stopped running on both plays on timing routes. MCD should bench him after he sees what happened.

Edited by BullBuchanan

14 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Yeah, talent has a lot to do with it, but McDermott and Daboll failed to build a game plan that the talent could handle or even execute. This is just as much their fault as it is the player's fault.

We also need to credit the Baltimore Ravens football team.. They were good in all areas.

5 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

McD REALLY has to start watching the games he’s coaching. This ‘I have to watch the tape’ bull **** is ridiculous coachspeak. 

I'd say it's the same as with McCarron after preseason game 4 he didn't say he was there to get traded but it seemed fairly obvious. He's not just going to throw Peterman under the bus right after the game. He'll probably look at the film make his decision then they'll know the starter as soon as practice starts up again for the next game.

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

Doesn't matter. You can't throw Peterman out there again. Do that in a home game the stands will be empty by half time. Their plan for Allen might be to sit him. By hitching their wagon to Peterman they blew that. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

No I'm seeing a guy who panics back there.  Hence his INTs. One on an overthrow(how the hell do you overthrow a 6'5" WR by 10 feet), and one on a panic throw under pressure. Allen does not. He still seems calm. He might take a bunch of sacks but I'd rather that than a dude who will throw a ball up for grabs.

Probably the ball slipped out of his hands. But carry on.

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

How did we create a horrible o line when two of them left themselves?

Olinemen are the most difficult players to find in free agency. 

Read my previous posts on this subject.

In a nutshell:

We have had all off season to replace Wood.  We did not.

We foolishly decided to nickel and dime our pro bowl guard. In my judgment, I think that Richie would be just fine if he was part of the team an we did not stupidly force the pay cut.  I presume you disagree.  History demonstrated that he was fine while in the structure of the team.

We traded. Cordy Glenn when I would have kept him.  I never saw Cordy get manhandled like Dion got manhandled against the Browns.

We made no attempt to re-sign Seantrel.  Our former VP, however, signed him as soon as he became GM of the Texans.  According to everything I read, Seantrel has played well for the Texans (and well against JJ Watt in practice).

Just my two cents.

Did you watch any preseason? What do you have against Allen? NP had 1 start under his belt and threw 5 interceptions.  Now he has 7. N P sucks.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Doesn't matter. You can't throw Peterman out there again. Do that in a home game the stands will be empty by half time. Their plan for Allen might be to sit him. By hitching their wagon to Peterman they blew that. 

Not even the fans the players need to know that you want to win.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Peter said:

You mean the same way they ignored it last year?  I know I'll get flamed for it but with all the draft capital we used on Allen we could have had quality recievers and OL replacements.  I like Allen, I really do, but to package that much to draft a QB who isn't even ready to step in and play under the assumption that you can coach him up is asking a lot of the coaching staff in Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Allen had nearly an entire half, mostly against backups, and didn't do any better. How does he get such blind confidence from folks that he's going to be any sort of improvement?

He needs to sit and practice if he's going to have any hope of living up to the ridiculous expectations that people have for him. He's going to become the next David Carr if he starts this year.

4 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Did you watch any preseason? What do you have against Allen? NP had 1 start under his belt and threw 5 interceptions.  Now he has 7. N P sucks.

I have nothing against Josh Allen. 

You need to read my posts more carefully.

Reader's Digest Version: I do not want to destroy whatever potential the kid may have.  He is raw and I would hate to see the kid get killed and his potential stunted.  If only the Bills had bothered to make sure that we had a good offensive line to help the kid out (and Shady).

Edited by Peter

Just now, Peter said:

In a nutshell:

We have had all off season to replace Wood.  We did not. It sounded to me like Groy was heir apparent, and had played well when Wood broke his leg. 

We foolishly decided to nickel and dime our pro bowl guard. In my judgment, I think that Richie would be just fine if he was part of the team an we did not stupidly force the pay cut.  I presume you disagree.  History demonstrated that he was fine while in the structure of the team. I agree with this, but I wonder if Richie still would have pulled the same stuff he did at that gym. If he did, would we have cut him?

We traded. Cordy Glenn when I would have kept him.  I never saw Cordy get manhandled like Dion got manhandled against the Browns. We didn't see much of Glenn at all because he was hurt a lot. Was Groy in there a lot. 

We made no attempt to re-sign Seantrel.  Our former VP, however, signed him as soon as he became GM of the Texans.  According to everything I read, Seantrel has played well for the Texans (and well against JJ Watt in practice). Mr. Pot Head? I remember a lot of people wanted him gone. He also just snapped his ankle. 

Just my two cents.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Allen had nearly an entire half, mostly against backups, and didn't do any better. How does he get such blind confidence from folks that he's going to be any sort of improvement?

He needs to sit and practice if he's going to have any hope of living up to the ridiculous expectations that people have for him. He's going to become the next David Carr if he starts this year.

Stop. You're embarrassing yourself. 

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

Allen, Murphy, the punter, and the fact that if the Ravens can totally rebuild their WR corp in one offseason, so can the Bills

No big injuries

Ravens also made a big use of their TE. Where were Clay and the other guys?

Other teams do amazing things all the time.  Buffalo, not so much.  We could but will we?

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

He was far better than Peterman. Did you see the obcene number of drops out there? Should have had at least one touchdown and probably two. 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

In a nutshell:

We have had all off season to replace Wood.  We did not.

We foolishly decided to nickel and dime our pro bowl guard. In my judgment, I think that Richie would be just fine if he was part of the team an we did not stupidly force the pay cut.  I presume you disagree.  History demonstrated that he was fine while in the structure of the team.

We traded. Cordy Glenn when I would have kept him.  I never saw Cordy get manhandled like Dion got manhandled against the Browns.

We made no attempt to re-sign Seantrel.  Our former VP, however, signed him as soon as he became GM of the Texans.  According to everything I read, Seantrel has played well for the Texans (and well against JJ Watt in practice).

Just my two cents.

In case you don't know, Buffalo is not a destination for top of the line free agents. And if you ever listened to the GM''s plans, they are not putting out a lot of money for free agents until they get some salary cap moved. The previous regime left them no choice but to clear up enough room to get some quality people to Buffalo.

I love that David Carr is literally the only QB people can point to who was "shell shocked" in the modern NFL era. Yet, here we are and how many QBs have been drafted and started behind bad OLs and haven't been shell shocked, they succeeded or sucked. Soooooo 1 guy, 1 QB. 

But wait, it could happen to Allen, it happens all the time...

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

He was far better than Peterman. Did you see the obcene number of drops out there? Should have had at least one touchdown and probably two. 

Petermans whole half was nothing but drops. They had the same starters playing the same garbage game against Ravens 1rst, 2nd and 3rd team.

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

I love that David Carr is literally the only QB people can point to who was "shell shocked" in the modern NFL era. Yet, here we are and how many QBs have been drafted and started behind bad OLs and haven't been shell shocked, they succeeded or sucked. Soooooo 1 guy, 1 QB. 

Or, maybe they sucked because of the line.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

He's not the only one. Jake Plummer was another elite talent that was ruined, maybe Sam bradford too. David Carr just happened to be the most sacked QB in NFL history, and he could have been great.

Petermans whole half was nothing but drops. They had the same starters playing the same garbage game against Ravens 1rst, 2nd and 3rd team.

Wow, this is an embarrassing post. It was all drops? Seriously? What about the over throws? Or were those drops too?

Just now, Peter said:

Or, maybe they sucked because of the line.

Show me those QBs then.

Reader's Digest Version: I do not want to destroy whatever potential the kid may have.  He is raw and I would hate to see the kid get killed and his potential stunted.  If only the Bills had bothered to make sure that we had a good offensive line to help the kid out (and Shady).

I agree with that but what is the alternative? Peterman isn't a genuine alternative. That is obvious. 

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

You mean the same way they ignored it last year?  I know I'll get flamed for it but with all the draft capital we used on Allen we could have had quality recievers and OL replacements.  I like Allen, I really do, but to package that much to draft a QB who isn't even ready to step in and play under the assumption that you can coach him up is asking a lot of the coaching staff in Buffalo.

. . . and asking too much of this specific coaching staff.

They are out of their depth.

Do you know anything about what Luck and Peyton Manning went through in Indy? I think they are doing fine. Allen is used to the beating. He will be fine.