Remind me again why we haven't had Jason Peters for the last 15 years?

dayman

Just saw this tweet:

@spotrac

Jason Peters is one of the most successful undrafted free agents of all-time. The future HOF lineman joined the Bills in 2004 as a TE. He’s earned $105M in 15 seasons thus far.

Where's MY $105M?

38 minutes ago, dayman said:

B/c he got hurt once, right?

Good move Bills.

Because the Bills signed him to a RT contract knowing full well they weren't going to re-sign Jonas Jennings and then moved Peters to LT.........where he immediately became not only a pro bowler but an All Pro LT........and then they wanted to hold him to his other deal when he wanted a raise.

• Thank you (+1) 1

We just restructured him and he again held out instead of talking to the guys that JUST restructured him. 

Look, I get it, he’s amazing, but you can’t be a bad team and be held hostage by your LT every offseason. You have other needs and other worries at that point. He wanted out, we couldn’t take the headache. Got a first round pick  from an undrafted TE. Not terrible. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

We just restructured him and he again held out instead of talking to the guys that JUST restructured him. 

Look, I get it, he’s amazing, but you can’t be a bad team and be held hostage by your LT every offseason. You have other needs and other worries at that point. He wanted out, we couldn’t take the headache. Got a first round pick  from an undrafted TE. Not terrible. 

All those things you and others said about him were totally disproven.

He got paid LT money and wasn't a contract issue for the Eagles after that........he certainly wasn't holding them hostage every offseason.

He didn't rest on his fat contract as people like yourself said he would.

And he became a beloved team leader when people like you were saying he was a locker room cancer.

The bottom line is that the Bills tried to work him over by giving him RT money when they intended to move him to LT.

If he had struggled I could see where asking for a raise would be in poor taste..........but he made himself into the best in the NFL.

You pay that man.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4