Bills must have lost confidence in Schmidt

gjv001

To hire Corey Bojorquez as your punter without having him take a snap appears to be a strong negative statement for Colton Schmidt. Perhaps it's a good thing Bojorquez didn't punt in the preseason. If he lasts the season, he might break the NFL record for most punt attempts in a season.

Saw this on a Twitter feed somewhere but I agree, someone said they think Cory Carter had the punting competition wrapped up but then he got hurt which caused the FO to scramble a bit. Hence, Jon Ryan and then the new kid. 

Schmidt's average has been consistent in his four-year career but over the last two seasons he seemed to shank it at really bad times and his directional/pin 'em deep punts were ending up as touchbacks more often than not. McDermott prioritizes special teams and field position a lot and clearly Schmidt just wasn't getting it done anymore. However, I bet the dude is "on retainer" (i.e. on their speed dial) in case of an injury to the new kid... whom I will stop calling new kid when I know how to correctly spell his friggin' name and don't feel like Googling it at the moment.

15 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

To hire Corey Bojorquez as your punter without having him take a snap appears to be a strong negative statement for Colton Schmidt. Perhaps it's a good thing Bojorquez didn't punt in the preseason. If he lasts the season, he might break the NFL record for most punt attempts in a season.

You must of :sick: missed this. :)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I did.  That bastage beat me to it.

Get even! Quietly sneak up onto the roof of the RV while he is lighting his table on fire....then beat HIM to it! 

I think I know why my wife calls me an instigator....but not in a good way. 

Edited by Augie

We need some sort of IQ test for starting threads on here. Or just only let a select few start new ones. So much jibberish added all the time that’s already being discussed in a more popular thread. 

Sorry OP not singling you out just a messy first page and I’m grumpy today 

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

What clued you in? That he was released?