Mack Traded!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bears have much better weapons on offense with a completely revamped receiveing corps that are ready and in place fot Trubisky. 

I mean I'd rather have Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel than whatever we'll be trotting out but I wouldn't call that corps completely revamped.

I just think this is the wrong move for almost any team. Mack is elite, and it's certainly exciting to have players like that, but this isn't the NBA. NFL teams have to plan for strong teams, not mediocre teams with a couple great players (unless you're talking about one of the handful of elite QBs).

Using 2 firsts for a great player on a rookie pay scale is one thing. Paying a huge contract for one is another. Doing both? The Bears will get some excitement with Mack, but they've mortgaged their future.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

This should keep the Bears in the division basement for a few years.

No, the Lions will be in the basement.  The Bears will be competitive, but they have the Pack and Vikes ahead of them.

2 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Repeat those words on October 29th while you are watching Brady gash our defense with 300 yards and 3 TD's because we don't have a pass rusher. 

Yet another good angle.  The Bills have one huge problem in the division and it’s number 12 - Mack would have helped solve that problem.

I’m telling you, the fans here aren’t ready for what is going to happen this season.  Lots of folks preaching patience in this thread will be the first to start panicking after a winless September.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

In comparison to last season it certainly is. 

Means little if the guy pulling the trigger isn't very good.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Yet another good angle.  The Bills have one huge problem in the division and it’s number 12 - Mack would have helped solve that problem.

I’m telling you, the fans here aren’t ready for what is going to happen this season.  Lots of folks preaching patience in this thread will be the first to start panicking after a winless September.

Pre-season 2017 called...

Raiders didn’t have the cash in hand to get the Mack deal done.  In order to sign Mack all the guaranteed money must be put into escrow...90 mil. They didn’t have that on hand apparently. Carrs deal, stadium and moving fee seems to have cost them

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This should keep the Bears in the division basement for a few years.

If Trubisky is a bust, and there's ample reason to believe he will be, this is definitely true. Trading two 1st round picks and more for a star pass rusher is the kind of move you make when you know your QB is good. I'm glad Mack is in the NFC though. After this season we won't see him again for 4 years.

8 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

What is stopping these guys from holding out prior to year 5?  Say a team drafts a qb and he puts up monster numbers his first 3 years in the league.  He then decicides to holdout for a new contract.  Do you think a team is going to renegotiate with him or just let him sit?  It's not a new thing that guys hold hold out with multiple years left on their contracts so what is stopping a player on the rookie wage scale from doing this?

I know it hasn't happened yet, but the way players are holding out I can only imagine that it's a matter of time before this happens.

When it actually happens then people will worry about it. But I bet CBA expires before it ever does

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I'm telling you, there are fans here who are actually fans of the team and hope for them to do well, as opposed to those who take some perverse pleasure in bashing them all the time.   

Lots of folks preaching doom and gloom will be surprised if they do better than what they want.  You know, like last year.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Repeat those words on October 29th while you are watching Brady gash our defense with 300 yards and 3 TD's because we don't have a pass rusher. 

Will do. Because interior pass rush means more than anything and the reason why Darnold is more impactful for a team

Just now, TPS said:

As others have stated, they are further along than the Bills, as well as having a year of experience with Trubisky.

How do you figure?  Did they make the playoffs last year?  Has anyone even seen their starting offense in pre-season?