Is a trade looming?

GreggTX

They should have worked on this in the draft.  We’re stuck with what we have now, and even if we pick someone up who is cut, we most likely won’t have anyone better.   It was so painful to watch that line yesterday.  If they don’t get better, we’re screwed.  I know at times Allen held onto the ball a bit long, but he was running for his life.  I actually felt bad for the rookie.

peterman played better, but he also played against the two’s.

5 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

not until someone gets cut!

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Most teams don't carry spare OL talent.  A team that has a rookie OLman who has come along faster than expected, is still not likely to want to trade off the vet he's replacing (and if the vet is so good, why is he being replaced?) until the rookie is proven in regular-season games.

Ala Glenn ?

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Most teams don't carry spare OL talent.  A team that has a rookie OLman who has come along faster than expected, is still not likely to want to trade off the vet he's replacing (and if the vet is so good, why is he being replaced?) until the rookie is proven in regular-season games.

yeah, they're screwed.   if your O Line is crap and its still August, you have no shot at making it any better this season , plus guys will get hurt.  this could be tough this year.  when your O Line is crap, you lose lots of games.  

5 hours ago, purple haze said:

Teams cut projects or overpriced, under performing vets.  There is no definitive help coming.  Even if they pick up a guy off the street, he's likely to not be much better and he won't know the system.  McD better get what they have playing better or the goose is cooked.

......hmmmmm.....sounds familiar..............

Dawkins has potential. Miller sucks and looked like he was in the wrong league. The rest were pickups from the garbage heap and are backup caliber. Not looking good folks. Now the question is in what order do we want to get our QB’s killed?

Edited by bmur66

1 hour ago, HOF4LOU said:

Oh Rickie your so fine....

Your so fine your so fine you blow my mind! 

Kinda like most of the posters here!  Pre-season folks......how many years and teams have stunk it up in the pre-season only to play, much better in the regular season.  Now I am not saying the Bills O-Line is filled with world beaters, not by a long shot - but the picture isn't as dire as it looked on Sunday.

OG - Yes all better than Ducasse and Miller

Crazy Richie

Alex Boone

Luke Joekel

But at this point Teller has earned a spot in the starting OL as well. 

10 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Your so fine your so fine you blow my mind! 

Kinda like most of the posters here!  Pre-season folks......how many years and teams have stunk it up in the pre-season only to play, much better in the regular season.  Now I am not saying the Bills O-Line is filled with world beaters, not by a long shot - but the picture isn't as dire as it looked on Sunday.

Yes it is. That has been TWO games back to back the starting OGs have been on RollerSkates. 

Edited by MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

OG - Yes all better than Ducasse and Miller

Crazy Richie

Alex Boone

Luke Joekel

But at this point Teller has earned a spot in the starting OL as well. 

Yes it is. That has been TWO games back to back the starting OGs have been on RollerSkates. 

Your opinion and certainly you have a right to it.  I am just saying I am not losing my mind over some pre-season games, specially against the Bengals D-Line which had a plan - pressure the rook.  Had they committed to Murph more - he had to have close to 60 yards yesterday, the D would have had to take that into account.  Shady woulda run for 100+ against that D strategy.  Welcome to the NFL Allen!

26 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Dawkins has potential. Miller sucks and looked like he was in the wrong league. The rest were pickups from the garbage heap and are backup caliber. Not looking good folks. Now the question is in what order do we want to get our QB’s killed?

I think you start Peterman, since he gets rid of the ball fast. Give the OLine a chance by going that route.

Now, that isnt going to win you many games since Peterman will be figured out quickly ala Trent Edwards, but it will give the OLine a chance to play together and see who fits for at least 2 or 3 games. 

6 hours ago, GreggTX said:

When you say they don't develop QB's well, I think that's on the coaches and we've had a lot of turnover there. I'm not sure the past is very relevant hto that point, but I won't argue with the rest.

Bills history of developing QBs is fact.....but it's history. So I agree...but then again I have a history of agreeing....lol.

10 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Your opinion and certainly you have a right to it.  I am just saying I am not losing my mind over some pre-season games, specially against the Bengals D-Line which had a plan - pressure the rook.  Had they committed to Murph more - he had to have close to 60 yards yesterday, the D would have had to take that into account.  Shady woulda run for 100+ against that D strategy.  Welcome to the NFL Allen!

And the escuse in the Cleveland game?

let me guess Gregg Williams Blitzed. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And the escuse in the Cleveland game?

let me guess Gregg Williams Blitzed. 

Pre-season brother - pre-season......breathe man breathe.  I am not saying this is a SB team - FAR FAR from it.  I am saying it is pre-season.  Not one regular season game is won in pre-season - nary a one.

23 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Pre-season brother - pre-season......breathe man breathe.  I am not saying this is a SB team - FAR FAR from it.  I am saying it is pre-season.  Not one regular season game is won in pre-season - nary a one.

I know it is preseason. However Ducasse during the season is put on rollerskates routinely. Miller was bad routinely. Mills. See the pattern here. 

Yet Juan and company still here. 

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I know it is preseason. However Ducasse during the season is put on rollerskates routinely. Miller was bad routinely. Mills. See the pattern here. 

Yet Juan and company still here. 

Ducasse did his best practice sled imitation and Miller was doing the dosey doe

Edited by the skycap
  • Like (+1) 2

At this point, the best they'll get is an aging veteran with a season or two left in him. Maybe that'll be an improvement over what we have now

1 hour ago, turftoe said:

I have a trade proposal.

Trade Juan Castillo for a bag of footballs and lure Aaron Cromer back to actually coach the OL.

Make it happen!

9 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Nah not really. No team is going to trade a starting caliber lineman on the eve of the regular season.

So why did you start this thread and ask if you already know the answer?

For discussion purposes, on a discussion board. Who do you ask dumb questions, if you hopefully already knew the answer? You provide 0 relevant substance for the convo,  Go yell at the kids walking on your front lawn or something

Edited by BillsMafia13

9 hours ago, GreggTX said:

If they play better, why not? Why the attitude?

I’m thinking about it the same way I believe you are.

Ideally, you won’t look for trash to replace trash, but our trash seems to be third stringers acting as starting caliber players.   Let’s get someone else’s backups, because 2nd stringers on a good team > misplaced 3rd string trash from a team that needs them to be starters.

I don’t understand the attitude either.

Just an idea.