Why the hell didn't we address the OLINE?

Klaista2k

To point out the obvious, the interior of the O-line can't pass block at all. None of them. We can probably get by with Miller, but we're in big trouble at Center (they both suck) and left guard (ideally, we need Teller to win the job).

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

We lose our two best lineman and we do nothing to replace them?

What the hell is wrong wrong with our front office do they wanna get our quarterback killed!?

The Bills were pretty capped out so they addressed the defensive line with the Star and Murphy signings. The Bills had a boat load of draft picks but mortgaged a lot of them to trade up for Allen and Edumonds. Eating a lot of dead cap to get rid of bad contracts and mortgaging a lot of draft picks to trade up was going to result in some areas of the roster being compromised, the O-line and WR positions being the most compromised parts of the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

We went out and signed Ivory, Star and Trent Murphy.  

Those guys better start doing something come regular season or our FO has some serious questions to answer on why they didn’t allocate some money to the OL - There were FA’s available.  

Hopefully our OL just needs to gel, but what I saw in the first half was unacceptable for an NFL team. Never seen anything like that in my life.  

• Like (+1) 2

I've only been talking about this all offseason...but this board seems to think you can throw in 5 scrubs to start as long as you have a 1st round QB behind your line.

I really don't get why fans do this every year. Nobody cares about the O-line until they see how it gets us destroyed. Suddenly everyone cares when they realize our QB is getting smacked around week after week, our RB is getting stuffed in the backfield 1 second after the ball is snapped, and we start racking up loss after loss.

It's happened so many times in the past 20 years, it blows my mind. I feel like Bills fans should be intimately acquainted with the importance of a good O-line at this point...especially after we've seen so many QB's get eaten alive behind such garbage ones.

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

You can’t address every position in one off-season.  I believe that they tried to MP rove the defense this off-season with the intention of addressing the offense the next off-season via free agency and the draft

You're right, you can't. But since it was clear since the 2017 draft the Bill were loading up to take a QB in the 1st round, perhaps they should've spent some time planning on how to protect him as the #2 priority....

• Like (+1) 1