SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Well they did. They wanted to see Allen sling it and the line didn’t hold up. Until the OL gets figured out I don’t think they’d risk injury by calling those plays in a regular season game. It’s clear the OL wasn’t what they hoped. Reg season is a quick passing game to start. NP might be the option there. If Allen gets injured early, the year is likely a wash for him. Better to let him play the second half of the season a la Goff. 

Allen will win the job eventually, he is very very smart like Peterman except he has a golden arm but the game needs to slow down for him. Keep in mind that Peterman has a year on him, but eventually Allen catches up. I'm really really pleased with Peterman's progress though, he is an ideal backup QB.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, hemma said:

Looks like it will be Peterman.

The way that OL is blocking, we may need 5 QBs this year.

I'm on board with carrying many Quarterbacks. A season of attrition is coming. Shady needs to find his best Barry Sanders version

1 minute ago, Magnetar said:

I can predict whatever the hell I want, just like many other NFL fans and pundits.

Your entitled to your opinion of calling someone a bust before they ever started a real NFL game. 

If you can't read that twice and understand were jackass comes from, I'm not sure what to say to you? Just sad man, sad.

1 minute ago, Magnetar said:

I never said Peterman was any good... The Bills have a very tough schedule and no franchise QB, yep, high draft pick in 2019.

I am also a lifelong Bills fan and remember watching Ferguson to Jerry Butler and Joe Cribbs etc... I remember how dark 84' and 85' were. Any Bills fan is a Friend so I reach out with this friendly reminder. ITS THE PRESEASON!!!!!!! Take it all with a grain of salt. We looked pathetic in the preseason during the Marv Levy era. I trust the process as it far exceeded my excpectations last year.

1 minute ago, thurst44 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much endlessly optimistic, but other than I'm not as down on Allen or Clay as others, there's not much good to take away from this game. Running game looked good. Tremaine Edmunds looked like he made some progress in his reads. Levi Wallace had a few great special teams plays. Barring something miraculous, it's hard to see a good start. However, until the games mean something, who really knows?

I think of the Browns preseason and regular season last year. It’s meaningless in many ways. 

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

What did Clay do that impressed you this summer,including this afternoon?

Really, since he got the big contract has there really been any big Clay moments. He's a poor blocker, drops etc. Give me Croom & O'Leary all day long. Right now the Oline is a disaster. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

I am not saying he won't be. To me, he has clearly won the job.  

Doesn't change the fact he can't throw an out to save his life.

He can make the throw, he does it in practice all the time.  He just needs to look off the corner.  Watch his eyes, he stares down the route.  

7 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

What did Clay do that impressed you this summer,including this afternoon?

He didn't do anything as last year's starter to throw him off the roster He's hardly competing for a spot. Shady's not done much; are you angling to throw him off the roster? He's not lived up to his contract, but he's been a solid, consistent player over the past 3 years, and if the O-Line is as bad as it looks, they'll be happy to have a veteran starter tight end outlet. 

Edited by thurst44