SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

It's up to you to not call a rookie QB a bust after the 3 friggin preseason games. 

It makes you look like a jackass 

I can predict whatever the hell I want, just like many other NFL fans and pundits.

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think Peterman is the one for quick short throws. Allen is still trying to get the feel of it. You can tell that he is still trying to workout something between fastball and a floater.

Only problem is it seems like Peterman makes up his mind before the snap and won't not throw a pick, regardless. 

I hope I am wrong 

37 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

You know, I'll wait for someone like Cover1's analysis. I hated the Allen pick, but he's done a lot of hopeful things since he got here and calling him out for a first half when he was on the run on almost every play is a bit over the top. Frankly, he looked about as good as he possibly could. Maybe Tyrod would have run away from them. I loved Tyrod, but he had some truly moribund outings last year.

My main concern is the line and hopefully they can do some things to adjust that. 

I'm team Allen. I'm dogging on him because he had the chance to give the coaches every reason to start him week 1. They're looking for a Quarterback that can handle a starting defense with the putrid around them.. and he could have made a statement. Just a few extra good plays. I'm frustrated he didn't maximize himself and we seem to be back in a QB crapshoot.

I almost literally never saw the backfield from the broadcast angle so a detailed all 22 would be great. I literally just saw Allen drop back and either get sacked way too quicky or just Pat patting the ball with a collapsing pocket until.. I think a blocker got pancaked into him for a sack.. Jesus. So I don't know if he saw crap receivers getting no separation from NFL secondaries, or if he's not seeing it.

I know I'm asking him to be Russel Wilson Big Ben right now.. cause that would have made his case amazing handling adversity.

Its a preseason game but in SB years starting  Oline controlled line so did D line for two series score was 14-0 or 14-3 then subs came in and that was that.  The O and D line starters looked horrible.  Peterson makes quick decisions and less likely to get hurt. JA gonna have some growing pains with the speed of the game and is gonna need to watch a few before he should start.  Oline gonna need to get better before you put JA in there.

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He may have an NFL arm.  He may be the starter, which I am fine with.

But he cannot make "all the throws". There is one throw in particular he can't make and I am not sure why they allow him to try.  It's a pick six waiting to happen. 

Trust me, he will be fine

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

he doesn't have the zip to complete a standard out without it being a 50-50 pick six.

That's because he hasn't been looking off defenders. They are jumping routes very easily. You can have the best arm in NFL and if defender gets a good jump and knows it's coming then it could potentially be picked. I said earlier in thread that I think Nate needs to pump fake those throws and have receiver go deep. Will get that on film and defenders won't jump this throws as often.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m not capable of that.... It’s a Bills game. I watch, and pray. I’m not one of those negative folks, but Lordy this has not been pretty. I love the look of the future. 

Yeah, I'm pretty much endlessly optimistic, but other than I'm not as down on Allen or Clay as others, there's not much good to take away from this game. Running game looked good. Tremaine Edmunds looked like he made some progress in his reads. Levi Wallace had a few great special teams plays. Barring something miraculous, it's hard to see a good start. However, until the games mean something, who really knows?