Lacanfora: Bills have reached out to Raiders about Khalil Mack trade

YoloinOhio

2 first round picks?

Absolutely!  Would do it in a heartbeat.

As mentioned by others, 1st round picks are a crap shoot.  With Mack you know exactly what your getting...a generational player.  He’ll be a stud on your team for many years.  The track record of 1st rounders league wide is poor at best, again with Mack you know exactly what you’re getting.

As as far as $$$, our cap is looking good starting next year, so structure the deal to accommodate that.  Stay under the cap this year, then take the hit next year and beyond.

Our next 2 first round picks should be rather high. Beane won't spend that.

However, a high pick this year could spell a trade down and an added first round pick next year, or at least the ammo to consider it. That said, all Hail McWitch!. 

I vote Hell Yeah on acquiring Mack...at a fair price

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:48 PM, BuffaloRebound said:

Beane can’t give away the 2019 1st rounder because of the likelihood of it being a top 10 pick.  Other teams will almost surely part with their 1st rounder for Mack, so unless Gruden has a thing for McCarron or Peterman, Mack won’t be coming to Buffalo. 

Because as we all here know  a top ten pick is guaranteed to become a star or at least a 10+ year starter, where as Mack has proven nothing and is getting older by the minute. anybody wouldn't give a 2019 1st rounder is either crazy or lacks football knowledge, I understand the reluctance of paying is salary but being afraid of giving up a 1st ? Hughes and a 2019 1st for Mack. Git er done.

My thoughts.

Khalil Mack 

for 

Bills 1st in 2019 (which Raiders may think would be a top 10)

Bills 2nd rounder in 2020

Charles Clay

AJ McCarron.

Clay is expendable.  I think Leary, Croom, Lee, Thomas, and even Towbridge---Clay's salary doesn't make sense to keep.  

He would be a weapon for Gruden's offense, and McCarron would give him a huge upgraded over Connor Cook and EJ Manuel.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

My thoughts.

Khalil Mack 

for 

Charles Clay

AJ McCarron.

Clay is expendable.  I think Leary, Croom, Lee, Thomas, and even Towbridge---Clay's salary doesn't make sense to keep.  

He would be a weapon for Gruden's offense, and McCarron would give him a huge upgraded over Connor Cook and EJ Manuel.

......should also include a "new contract north Donald's deal today"...............

23 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

My thoughts.

Khalil Mack 

for 

Charles Clay

AJ McCarron.

Raiders dont need Clay, they have Jared Cook.   Similar player who makes 2 million less a year.

9 hours ago, dezertbill said:

My thoughts.

Khalil Mack 

for 

Charles Clay

AJ McCarron.

Way, way too much.

10 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

If Beane gives up two 1st round picks (especially when our 2019 1st could very well yield us either Nick Bosa, Ed Oliver or Trey Adams) and a roster player for a disgruntled DE who will be looking to BEAT Aaron Donald's new contract, he should be fired.

And it could very well not yield one of those players. Who's to say any of the above mentioned players will turn out to be the caliber of player like Khalil Mack. He was an All Pro at 2 different positions. Also, is there a quote from Mack or his agent saying that they want a deal that's better than Donald's? If there's a deal to be made for him, the Bills ought to strike while the irons hot. 

13 minutes ago, the skycap said:

And it could very well not yield one of those players. Who's to say any of the above mentioned players will turn out to be the caliber of player like Khalil Mack. He was an All Pro at 2 different positions. Also, is there a quote from Mack or his agent saying that they want a deal that's better than Donald's? If there's a deal to be made for him, the Bills ought to strike while the irons hot. 

So, because the draft is a "crap shoot," you'd be ok with giving up two 1sts, plus (probably) Hughes and other roster players, additional picks in 2019 and 2020 AND a $25 million a year contract for Mack?

Did you watch the Bengals and Browns games?  How did the starting offensive line do in protecting McCarron and Allen?

These are the Bills' opponents through mid October: Ravens, Chargers, Vikings, Packers, Titans, Texans.  All of these teams have defenses that will obliterate our offensive line and whoever's under center.  Having Mack on this team will ultimately mean NOTHING in those games.

Are you saying that you would be ok watching those disasters, just so you could wear a red, white and blue Khalil Mack jersey on Sundays?

Edited by Cornette's Commentary

1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

So, because the draft is a "crap shoot," you'd be ok with giving up two 1sts, plus (probably) Hughes and other roster players, additional picks in 2019 and 2020 AND a $25 million a year contract for Mack?

Did you watch the Bengals and Browns games?  How did the starting offensive line do in protecting McCarron and Allen?

These are the Bills' opponents through mid October: Ravens, Chargers, Vikings, Packers, Titans, Texans.  All of these teams have defenses that will obliterate our offensive line and whoever's under center. 

Are you saying that you would be ok watching those disasters, just so you could wear a red, white and blue Khalil Mack jersey on Sundays?

It would be some sort of combo, but not all of that. All-Pro/HOF linemen/players have been drafted after the 1st rd. I know you can say the same for LB/DE, but if you can get a Lawrence Taylor like player you get him. 2-1sts in subsequent years, YES. You already have your "franchise" QB on your roster. Just think of Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith.