Lacanfora: Bills have reached out to Raiders about Khalil Mack trade

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, the skycap said:

It would be some sort of combo, but not all of that. All-Pro/HOF linemen/players have been drafted after the 1st rd. I know you can say the same for LB/DE, but if you can get a Lawrence Taylor like player you get him. 2-1sts in subsequent years, YES. You already have your "franchise" QB on your roster. Just think of Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith.

We don't know that yet.  Until you know for sure, you don't make moves like this.  Period.

But, if you want Mack that badly, I hope Beane pulls the trigger.  In fact, I hope he gives up FIVE YEARS of 1st round picks and Mack has 70 sacks this season, while the offense once again sinks to the bottom of the league and struggles to put up more than 3 or 10 points per game.

Have fun!!!!

6 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Geez you guys Relax.  If you are really worried about Beane giving up two first's then you haven't paid any attention to his philosophies at all since the day he arrived.

I have been paying attention.  Unfortunately, there are a growing number of posters who think: "I don't care if Beane has to give up multiple firsts.  I want Khalil Mack on this team.  No 1st round pass rusher in next year's class will EVER be as good as Mack is RIGHT NOW."

I would laugh if Beane did give up two 1sts, additional picks and roster players (Hughes) and signs Mack to a massive, $25 million per year deal, only to see him not exert any effort on the field, like Mario and Dareus did when they got paid.

after this ridiculous offseason of giving huge guaranteed money to the NFL stars (which is going to bury some teams down the road, mark my words--$85M guaranteed to Aaron Donald are you kidding me?),

and considering Mack was an NFL defensive player of the year (Whaley you idiot, did you really have to take Sammy instead?) this dude is going to get a massive deal from somebody and it's more of a money thing with the Raiders than Gruden's ego getting in the way. 

There are really only a handful of teams in the league that have the room to pay a 27 year old edge guy $100M and the Raiders aren't one of them.  I think he has to get traded for this reason, and the Raiders have to be looking at Cleveland,  Bills, Jets simply because they'll likely be higher draft picks next year vs a Green Bay type team.  

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve been told that the Bills offered “2 high picks and Hughes” for Mack. They didn’t know the specifics of the picks but the Raiders turned it down. Mack is very, very interested in Buffalo.

Told by who?  The mouse in your pocket? The voices inside your head?

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve been told that the Bills offered “2 high picks and Hughes” for Mack. They didn’t know the specifics of the picks but the Raiders turned it down. Mack is very, very interested in Buffalo.

6 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

If Kirby Jackson says it is so, then that is good enough for YE OLE... FACT!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Interesting.  “2 high picks” could be most anything. I’m convinced that Beane wants to hold on to 2019 rd 1.

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

Interesting.  “2 high picks” could be most anything. I’m convinced that Beane wants to hold on to 2019 rd 1.

I agree. The only thing that I can say is it is from a VERY reliable source. My guess is a 2019 2nd and a 2020 1st.

21 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I never give that up.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree. The only thing that I can say is it is from a VERY reliable source. My guess is a 2019 2nd and a 2020 1st.

Not two 2ds?  Beane needs to hang tough.  Raiders will get desperate.

Edited by mannc