Embedded Part #2

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I find it laughable that we rally around a freaking punter as being the best player on our team. The idea of that is hilarious and in no way is it true. 

It was absolutely true at the time. Those were se garbage teams and Moorman, as sad as it is, was the best player.

I understand that all of these shows are at completely different levels from each other, but I just started watching Amazon's All or Nothing: Dallas Cowboys this week, and man that show is awesome. All the dirt and inside stuff and way less fluff than even Hard Knocks. A ton of great insight and access to how the team is run on a day-to-day basis. Hate to say it, but it's making me respect Jerry Jones a bit. Seems like a top notch corporation even if it doesnt translate onto the field always.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

This one showed me why Hard Knocks is still more liked because they would have also shown the bad evals on players instead of the good. But watching a Organization Produced series that should be expected. 

However I do like the series alot just wish they were longer. 

Very telling to me that they spent time highlighting Murphy, Yarbrough, and Hughes but nothing on Shaq Lawson.
Same with the D Line and Kyle, Star, and Harrison, but not really anything on Adolphus Washington.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

He was a great punter and the best player on our team. He went to pro bowls and was an all-pro. That's why.

3 hours ago, mrags said:

I find it laughable that we rally around a freaking punter as being the best player on our team. The idea of that is hilarious and in no way is it true. 

I don’t know too many punters who have thrown touchdowns and blasted by defenders for first downs (except that one time in the pro bowl). He was a valuable part of our team for a long time. I always liked the guy, and he was damn good at what he did. 

5 hours ago, DCBills_OG said:

Cleveland is different.   HBO is producing that series and is editing the content.  The Embedded series is produced and edited internally by the Bills.

I agree that this is 100% true...but even with the obvious pro-Bills slant of the Embedded series I think it's clear that McD has a command of this team that is encouraging to see (I'm not saying that you don't agree with that...I'm just quoting you on the show producers)...and alternatively, Hue just seems like a lame duck with NO control over his team.

23 hours ago, stevewin said:

Another great episode - nice that this time they gave some spotlight to Frazier who also came off impressive.  The anti-Greggo.

No doubt they'll be highlighting Daboll/Allen in a future episode (one can hope)

I enjoyed seeing Frazier complementing McD's culture message. Relatedly, There was a point where Beane asked if there was anyone in the D-line room (I believe) who wasn't a culture fit. They aren't screwing around. 

I just think the way McDermott and Beane come across in private is the way they come across in public. Sincere, mature, thoughtful.... they are what you need in real leaders. Not all the rah, rah nonsense you get from Rex Ryan or Gregg Williams or any of those blowhards. Frazier is in the same camp too, and Daboll from what I have seen in his pressers seems to be as well. It's a good group of leaders for the organisation.  

I still have some concerns elsewhere on the staff Bob Babich Snr is a guy who has twice been internally demoted from defensive coordinator positions and speaks in old fashioned cliches. Not sure how much I trust him with Tremaine Edmunds' development. I actually liked the bit with his son the safeties coach who seems to be a bit more on the cutting edge. And even though we didn't get to see the offensive side this week - Juan Castillo still sucks. 

On 8/22/2018 at 8:21 PM, scribo said:

Very impressed by the staff and by the team chemistry. It's intangibles such as those that make the differences in December and January.

A stark contrast from the Browns.....of course cut for different audiences but the Browns appear unprofessional most of the time.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

A stark contrast from the Browns.....of course cut for different audiences but the Browns appear unprofessional most of the time.

Well, they certainly aren't going to draw fans for their play on the field. But a 1-31 team that’s a complete train wreck? Must see TV!

19 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

I stand corrected. 

"In October 2013 the NFL announced that, in the absence of a team volunteering to participate in Hard Knocks, the league could force a team to participate. Teams are exempt from being forced to participate in three circumstances: (1) they have appeared in the past ten years, (2) they have a first-year head coach, or (3) they reached the playoffs in either of the two preceding seasons."

With 2017 playoff appearance, the Bills' get one more exemption year. Yet another reason to make the playoffs. 

I don't think the show does the league any good as it rarely makes a positive impression (plus, it's just boring). 

I find the playoffs stipulation interesting.  It's like they want bad/mediocre teams on the show for some reason.

doesn't make sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1