What Is Your Favorite Place To Watch The Bills (If not at the game)

corta765

10 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Count me among those that prefer to watch it from home. Like you, Duby, I keep all the TVs in the house on (and one on the patio). I tend to pace around during a game, so I can be in any room and not miss the action. Go outside and smoke a cigar (or whatever) if I want. Most of the time I prefer to watch alone. But watching with a knowledgeable committed Bills fan or two, is good as well. 

Ah now this is an interesting question to me...how do people feel about having friends/relations that are fans of other teams over while you watch the Bills?

My best buddy for 30 years lives about 1000 ft from me. He is a Giants fan. He is never rude during Bills games, doesn't say wide right, or make any other salty comments about the Bills. In fact, he tries to be semi-supportive of the Bills. I STILL don't like having him there sometimes. When **** goes bad...I somehow want to blame him!!!

(I have also been known to smoke an "or whatever" during the game. Never makes me any calmer, oddly)

Anywhere I can watch the game.  Last years final game I was watching it (On phone) at a Clippers game.  After the Bills won I started watching the Bengals game and during a timeout (Clippers game) I jumped up yelling when the Bengals scored that touchdown.  Everyone around me looked at me and I said "Hey, the Bills just made the playoffs!"  lol

Go Bills!!

30 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Count me among those that prefer to watch it from home. Like you, Duby, I keep all the TVs in the house on (and one on the patio). I tend to pace around during a game, so I can be in any room and not miss the action. Go outside and smoke a cigar (or whatever) if I want. Most of the time I prefer to watch alone. But watching with a knowledgeable committed Bills fan or two, is good as well. 

But since I don't have DirectTV, there are few games I can really watch like that. So I like to go to a bar close by (walking distance is good, crawling distance is better) and watch with a few fellow fans. 

On occasions I will go watch with a large group of Bills fans. If the Bills are playing well and winning, that can be a very cool, celebratory experience. The problem in St Augustine is, the Bills Backers bar kind of sucks. Beer and wine only (I like bourbon during the game), small, downtown where it is sometimes difficult to park. Some other places I've been (like McFadden's in NYC) are far too obnoxious for me to tolerate. Loud music and announcements during commercials---really stupid stuff. Yes, I'm old. But I've always been more interested in The Game. Not the extracurricular  stuff. I watched a game in LA with Kelly the Dog at a very nice bar, with many Bills fans. More low-key. That's the way I like it.

Last season besides our opening day viewing party which we do outside we watched 5-6 more outside which was awesome. Put two flat screen 48 inchs outside and blasted the volume. I've found watching outside is a great experience with people and adds a nice little fall feeling too! Unfortunately being in Rochester, NY by November we had to curtail the outdoor activities due to weather, but were already set for a few out door games this year. And yea I have every TV on in the house so we know what happens including the one's upstairs so if you need to use the bathroom you can at least hear #thinking! .

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Houston Bills Backers bar. Christian's Tailgate to be specific. They got Salehen's Hot Dogs, Labbatt Blue (which although it's not that great of a beer, has this weird nostalgic taste to it), and a DJ that plays the Shout song after every Touchdown. 

However, my fiance told me that for my own good, and the good of those around me, that if when we make it to the Super Bowl, I need to be locked in a room alone, so I don't say things to people I might regret later in life.

I go there too.  Its the best.  I wonder if we've met.

19 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

It's the best I've experienced out here. Moving to Seattle in a month though!

I moved out there in 2015 (have since moved back to Rochester) but it was my home away from home. I met my fiance there and many friends. The key thing about it is that the games are at 10 am so you usually only get the diehard fans that come every week and you get to know everyone. Also there is not food so therefore no tables of people sitting around, everyone is standing for the most part and it makes it a much better environment.

33 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Ah now this is an interesting question to me...how do people feel about having friends/relations that are fans of other teams over while you watch the Bills?

My one buddy is a Vikings fan and the other two I am friends/fam with are Steelers fan. All of them though want Buffalo to do well so generally zero issues. Most fans of other teams I've met or spoke with are pretty cool with the Bills so no issues.

I'm all about the Backers bar here in DC.

3 hours ago, eee1776 said:

In Charlotte NC Its Lebowski's. Cheers Atmosphere and $4.00 Caucasians(The Big Lebowski -White Russians)

It's a little further north, but Taste of Buffalo is pretty solid in the food department too!

Another "my Living room" guy.. I actually prefer football on TV over the stadium...

stadium is good for the pre game tailgate  party but I enjoy the game itself more on TV

• Like (+1) 1

In my 20's and single it was a little hole in the wall sports bar that was around back then called Dailey's Cafe.  Now in my early 40's with kids and living north of town, Bills games are for the garage on the big screen.  It gets me out of the house and a TV all to myself.  Lots of good eats and a few of the neighbors pop by and for some pints and Brady trash talk.  Sometimes we tinker with a project while the game is on, but mostly its just holding up the bar and lots of PBR.  

I real am looking forward to the fall!  

Just now, Seasons1992 said:

Sames. On my butt on my couch, I'm 40.

Not only is it more comfortable, it's much, much more affordable.

In a 4 hour time span at the bar, I easily drop $60.00.  That's me trying to be conservative.  Multiply that by 4 for the month.

At home, pizza or wings and beer runs about $20.00.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

No garatio here.  Just have the door open.  I do have a carpet for the space though so I'm kinda there already.

No?!  As penance, place a 24" statue of the Holy Mother in a bathtub that's been placed on end.  'Madonna on the Half Shell'.  #1 backyard shrine in WNY.  ?