Josh Allen to start Sunday

FluffHead

Allen is what... 245lbs?   For a 22 year old?   

I'm somewhat concerned about his weight... I've heard he likes to eat and eat a lot. 

Part of what makes him a special talent is his athleticism, ability to move around in the pocket and escape.    Let's hope he can keep his weight in check.   

He has a very round face which means his natural state is being overweight.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I'm somewhat concerned about his weight... I've heard he likes to eat and eat a lot. 

Part of what makes him a special talent is his athleticism, ability to move around in the pocket and escape.    Let's hope he can keep his weight in check.   

This is pure !@#$ing gold.

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

This seems like a weird thing to be concerned about.

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Well look at Phelps he consumes 12K calories when he trains.

Some athletes burn calories at a ridiculous rate and have to eat just to maintain.

As long as he's eating good food and not crap he should be fine. I'm sure he's tuned into it to where if he starts to gain unwanted weight he'll adjust.. I doubt he's the one we will need to worry about in regards to eating themselves out of job

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

Some athletes burn calories at a ridiculous rate and have to eat just to maintain.

As long as he's eating good food and not crap he should be fine. I'm sure he's tuned into it to where if he starts to gain unwanted weight he'll adjust.. I doubt he's the one we will need to worry about in regards to eating themselves out of job

You are ignoring the very very important round face issue.  

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

This is awesome.   Can some of the medical folks here chime in on this golden nugget of wisdom?

12 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is pure !@#$ing gold.

7 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

This seems like a weird thing to be concerned about.

7 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

5 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

You are ignoring the very very important round face issue.  

No worries guys. 

Once Josh perfects his JA#17 diet and training regiment, thus ensuring a great career until 50, his weight will not be an issue.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Next thing you know he'll be looking the way Jared Lorenzen used to.

image.jpeg.e69c72e504844a4fc38ea98bacf4d9cc.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

If any of you think Allen is starting the dress rehearsal game just to see how he does with the 1s, you’re crazy. No coach would do this unless he’s expecting Allen to start week 1 against the Ravens. You don’t mess with the starting offense like that and then throw in another QB two weeks later.

I know, right?  It's funny how the media are trying to suggest it's still an open competition and this is simply Josh's "turn" with the ones.  Umm, no.  I'll go "out on a limb" right now and say the only way Allen isn't starting in Baltimore is if he sustains a significant injury that keeps him out of practice.

25 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

1 hour ago, Figster said:

The way I see it John, all the negativity on Allen including from the Bills fan base all helped bring Josh Allen to Buffalo in my humble opinion.

Without it Josh Allen in all likelihood ends up in Cleveland IMO.

Thank you Negative Nancy's

and now he be like 

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Remember when EJ Manuel lit it up

No, I don't remember this. Apparently everyone else does. I remember EJ looking mostly competent in preseason. I don't remember him making any wow plays like the two TD passes Allen has thrown. I see a pocket presence that EJ never showed.

• Thank you (+1) 1