[Edited Title] Tremaine Edmunds looks Lost

8 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

He was horrific and that has even been the trend and stated by Skurski in the news today. 

I love the excuses...."2nd preseason game" like it has only been just that. He's been abysmal in not only the games but at camp as well. 

...Time to worry. 

So the entire world that follows college and pro ball for a living universally praise the pick as a steal in the draft for a young and smart player, he doesn't look stellar in a game or two, and you think it's time to worry?

You guys crack me up sometimes.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

TIME TO WORRY! :lol:

9 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

So the entire world that follows college and pro ball for a living universally praise the pick as a steal in the draft for a young and smart player, he doesn't look stellar in a game or two, and you think it's time to worry?

You guys crack me up sometimes.

TIME TO WORRY! :lol:

To be fair, they were not entire games. But he does have a few series in. I’d expect Pro Bowl caliber play after a couple dozen plays! Hey, we took that 19 year old pretty high! 

A 20 year old struggling at MLB as he makes the jump from NCAA DI to the NFL?  Cut the kid some slack.  He is going to have ups and downs all year.  If he even shows the slightest amount of improvement by seasons end, consider it a win.  Next year, you have a 21 year old MLB with a year of NFL experience under his belt.

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

A 20 year old struggling at MLB as he makes the jump from NCAA DI to the NFL?  Cut the kid some slack.  He is going to have ups and downs all year.  If he even shows the slightest amount of improvement by seasons end, consider it a win.  Next year, you have a 21 year old MLB with a year of NFL experience under his belt.

I'm with you on this one.  I was kind of surprised that people expected a guy so young to be the next Singletary or Butkus right out of the gate when he was drafted.  Give him some time and let him develop.

Praise and expectations on this board were really damn high right after we drafted him - many even saying we have a solution to covering Gronk. By the time Edmunds hits his stride and his prime, Gronk may very well retire. There's going to be lots of ugly plays from him this year, but unlike Whaley's picks, these top draft picks weren't about making the team better immediately as opposed to their long term trajectory; the phrase "ceiling" annoys me but it definitely applies in this case for the 7th and 16th picks.

Nobody is really overreacting just saying that Edmunds being so raw is probably gonna really hurt the defense at first.  Nobody is screaming cut the kid just suggesting some alternatives like starting him outside while a veteran like Bowman ( just an example or idea ) mans the middle for maybe half a season or so.  Trust me,  i dont think anybody wants the pick to not work out. 

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Given the posters who say he sucks I predict defensive rookie of the year

those said posters are that bad

Based I what I have seen thus far, this may be a stretch but I do honestly hope you are right.  

I think we will see a young man with a huge upside learning his craft this year and next.  As his body matures and his skill set develops, I think we will see one heck of a middle linebacker.