McCarron hurt (fractured collarbone) Looks like it is a 2 man Competition

MAJBobby

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So which list do they put him on, IR or PUP?

As he’s already been active he can’t be pup, right?

as it’s a 4 week injury potentially with 2 weeks and 2 days until our opener.... I think you just list him inactive for 2 weeks. Allen starts, peterman backup and go from there 

the biggest change is peterman is now a lock for the 53

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I would love to add Matt Moore to the roster.  Would be solid vet to give some guidance to the kids.

Although sad for AJ, this means lots of additional reps for JA, so that is a positive

I'm always fascinated by the NFL backup QB derby. Matt Moore is nothing special; that's why he's never held onto a starter's job. But he's not awful. He's a perfectly competent backup. Yet ... teams will bring in Mike Glennon for big bucks, or Matt Cassell for the 10th time while Moore is always a low-cost signing.

52 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I'll take that answer Alpha!

frankly, even before this game tonight and before AJ got hurt I thought if Allen plays well, then he will have three weeks to work with the 1s before Baltimore.

Allen is making NFL throws and NFL decisions.

Yeah, that’s the biggest surprise with Allen, his decision making and ability to feel the rush and escape to make things happen.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

We are going to blame Gregg Williams for blitzing too much? What a loser mentality.

They sent a corner in on Allen a few times on his first drive also. They gotta try to prepare just like everyone else. The Oline sucked, that's who is at fault, not Gregg Williams.

Gregg is known for being a bit 'punchy'. I think that that the Cleveland D will be a bit nasty this year, which I think they needed given the talent they have on that side of the ball. I'd take the Cleveland D in Fantasy late.

AJM and our 1st O-line handled it poorly. Allen did better but didn't face the full on D.

I think AJM holds on to the ball too long in many cases. Both Peterman and Allen do better. The TD throw by Allen was magnificent, any way you cut it.

I hate seeing a guy like AJM get derailed by a meaningless preseason game.

Let's hope the O-line learns from this or gets a shake up (Groy at C, Teller at G and maybe Ike at RT) to handle these situations better.

For all we know, by injuring AJM, Gregg Williams may have unleashed Josh Allen on the NFL a year earlier than expected.

G Williams is still a douche bag. If you stand up for him, I question your morals.

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm always fascinated by the NFL backup QB derby. Matt Moore is nothing special; that's why he's never held onto a starter's job. But he's not awful. He's a perfectly competent backup. Yet ... teams will bring in Mike Glennon for big bucks, or Matt Cassell for the 10th time while Moore is always a low-cost signing.

They want a starter for backup money. Look at Philly last year, Wentz went down and look what happened. Every team wants this, but a Foles back to Philly situation is a pipe dream. Still have to have the franchise QB and then hope for a Reich, Foles etc.

I'd be cool with Moore as backup to Peterman and Allen now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Gregg is known for being a bit 'punchy'. I think that that the Cleveland D will be a bit nasty this year, which I think they needed given the talent they have on that side of the ball. I'd take the Cleveland D in Fantasy late.

AJM and our 1st O-line handled it poorly. Allen did better but didn't face the full on D.

I think AJM holds on to the ball too long in many cases. Both Peterman and Allen do better. The TD throw by Allen was magnificent, any way you cut it.

I hate seeing a guy like AJM get derailed by a meaningless preseason game.

Let's hope the O-line learns from this or gets a shake up (Groy at C, Teller at G and maybe Ike at RT) to handle these situations better.

For all we know, by injuring AJM, Gregg Williams may have unleashed Josh Allen on the NFL a year earlier than expected.

G Williams is still a douche bag. If you stand up for him, I question your morals.

They want a starter for backup money. Look at Philly last year, Wentz went down and look what happened. Every team wants this, but a Foles back to Philly situation is a pipe dream. Still have to have the franchise QB and then hope for a Reich, Foles etc.

I'd be cool with Moore as backup to Peterman and Allen now.

I agree with most of your post, I wouldn't say I'm standing up for him. I just don't think blaming the other team for an injury because they blitzed too much is something I can agree with at all. Actually I hate that point.

I see a lot of people here saying, JA needs to play with the 1’s. If he were out there behind that oline he would have gotten killed too...

Allens first drive was behind our starting oline, with our starting wrs out there and Ivory. Shady was the only starter who didn’t play with JA tonight. Browns kept most of their starters in too. JA made the line look better because he’s the best qb on our roster! Start the man, I repeat, Start the man. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

I see a lot of people here saying, JA needs to play with the 1’s. If he were out there behind that oline he would have gotten killed too...

Allens first drive was behind our starting oline, with our starting wrs out there and Ivory. Shady was the only starter who didn’t play with JA tonight. Browns kept most of their starters in too. JA made the line look better because he’s the best qb on our roster! Start the man, I repeat, Start the man. 

i want this to be true, but its hard to say definitively if JA is better than Peterman, maybe in two weeks but probably not. We'll see

The OL was and is still a big concern.The sideline interview with Mills , he was at least trying to correct that.

Allen seems mature enough to deal with it and  not mess with his head so far.

Derek Anderson , Matt Moore , Logan Thomas  for a #3  maybe someone better at final cut down.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

The OL was and is still a big concern.The sideline interview with Mills , he was at least trying to correct that.

Allen seems mature enough to deal with it and  not mess with his head so far.

Derek Anderson , Matt Moore , Logan Thomas  for a #3  maybe someone better at final cut down.

The offensive line is a huge question mark.  Whoever is our starting QB, I hope the line can protect him and open up holes for Shady.  Otherwise, it is going to be a long and depressing season.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

I would love to add Matt Moore to the roster.  Would be solid vet to give some guidance to the kids.

Although sad for AJ, this means lots of additional reps for JA, so that is a positive

Why...he is not a good QB...how do you know his guidance would be any good?  Moore hasn't done much of anything in this league.....also why is he a solid vet?

8 hours ago, Bockeye said:

Healing a Broken Collarbone 

Clavicle fractures should heal completely within 12 weeks, but the pain usually subsides within a few weeks. Often patients are back to full activities before 12 weeks has passed, especially with younger patients.  Immobilization is seldom needed beyond a few weeks and at that point, light activity and gentle motion can usually begin.

As a general guide to return to activities, nothing should cause worsening pain. If not wearing a sling causes pain, wear a sling. If driving hurts the fracture site, don't drive. If throwing a ball hurts, don't throw. Once an activity doesn't cause significant pain, a gradual return can be attempted.

Recovery is usually complete, with a full return expected. Patients may notice a persistent bump where the fracture was (often for months or longer), but this should not be bothersome.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/broken-collarbone-2548514

Hey!  These are the same instructions that came with my 'Operation' game back in 1968.

31 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

It actually is more dangerous IMO because you're evaluating and doing things in protection you wouldn't do in the regular season.

Exactly......and guys are trying to push the plays a little more to ensure a roster spot.

Players getting hurt in meaningless preseason games is just ridiculous.