Nick O'Leary Possibly on the Bubble with Jason Croom Emerging - Jack's Grandson Released

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

He’ll  land on his feet. I mean, being Jack Nicholson’s nephew and all...

O'Leary is Jack Nicklaus' grandson (the golfer); not Jack Nicholson, the actor.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No, golfers wear gloves. O'Leary doesn't wear them. He must be Jack Nicholson's relation.

7 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

But let's also entertain the idea that Daboll just might want more athletic TE's for his offense.  And right now those guys seem to be outperforming NO in camp.

Or Bills feel secure about what he brings. He has been a steady player from day one, or two. But steady nonetheless.
Gotta find out what the others have to offer.

I would be surprised to see O Leary gone unless he has an attitude problem.

These other cats really aren't all that and a bag of chips.

Thomas and Croom whoop de do ! do you folks listen to yourselves ?

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

They're just trying to get the Josh Allen to Nick O'Leary chemistry down.

sneaky batsards aren't they  : )
nice insight

2 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Nicky the Nephew might be toast if this injury keeps him out or limited for camp.

He's a poor man's Scott Chandler, so he needs to be at 100% to even try to keep up this year. 

Scott scored TDs

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Or Bills feel secure about what he brings. He has been a steady player from day one, or two. But steady nonetheless.
Gotta find out what the others have to offer.

I would be surprised to see O Leary gone unless he has an attitude problem.

These other cats really aren't all that and a bag of chips.

Thomas and Croom whoop de do ! do you folks listen to yourselves ?

My thoughts exactly.  How anyone can deny how aptly O’Leary stepped in for this team when Clay went down last season is crazy to me.  

Of course, it should be an open competition and let the best players make the roster, but let’s not get our panties in a twist EVERY time Joe B or Sal C Tweets some faint speculation based on practice reps.  

Coaches move 2nd/3rd team reps around all the time to see what their depth players can do against better competition.  Hell, O’Leary was on the field with the 1st team offense against Carolina!

Week 1 can’t get here fast enough....

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I’m aware; it  was intended as a joke. I was simply being facetious as this fact is mentioned almost automatically by network announcers any time O’ Leary touches the ball. Yet it’s sometimes still gotten confused by some fans even with the ubiquitous references. 

17 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My thoughts exactly.  How anyone can deny how aptly O’Leary stepped in for this team when Clay went down last season is crazy to me.  

Of course, it should be an open competition and let the best players make the roster, but let’s not get our panties in a twist EVERY time Joe B or Sal C Tweets some faint speculation based on practice reps.  

Coaches move 2nd/3rd team reps around all the time to see what their depth players can do against better competition.  Hell, O’Leary was on the field with the 1st team offense against Carolina!

Week 1 can’t get here fast enough....

don't wish time away Bud !
But i think it just bs he is going anywhere.

Unless Beanes wants a full purge of Whaley stench ha !!

I like Nick of course. Very nice #2

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’m aware; it  was intended as a joke. I was simply being facetious as this fact is mentioned almost automatically by network announcers any time O’ Leary touches the ball. Yet it’s sometimes still gotten confused by some fans even with the ubiquitous references. 

you lost me at ubiquitous

26 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ahh, gotcha.  I should have seen the joke.  ?

23 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

don't wish time away Bud !
But i think it just bs he is going anywhere.

Unless Beanes wants a full purge of Whaley stench ha !!

I like Nick of course. Very nice #2

I like Croom a lot.  I’d love for him to make the team over Logan Thomas (meh) and Khari Lee (above average blocking TE...not a great pass catcher despite that awesome grab vs Carolina).  If you need a big nasty in goalline and 3rd and short situations, bring in a savage like Teller!  

At this point, I see the depth chart as Clay, O’Leary, Croom.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Ahh, gotcha.  I should have seen the joke.  ?

Nah, no foul. I probably wrote it a bit too matter of factly , in hindsight. I was hoping another poster would chime in with another incorrect “ fact” about the guy... all in good fun.