Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John from Riverside

Lets give some credit to THE O LINE

Recommended Posts

I agree that the scheme will help and also having the QBs get the ball out more quickly.  I have read that this is weakness of McCarron in camp, but I have not seen last night's game yet (out of market and recorded the NFL Network broadcast this morning) to see whether that's the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont think the OL is as bad as people want to think it is. Well except for that third unit they were HORRIBLE. 

 

However because I havent said it in awhile. FIRE JUAN. 

 

I agree. We are lacking the stars on the OLine that we have had in past years but I see this OLine much deeper overall with much better depth. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

EveryJuan? He's just not the Juan for you.

 

..pretty sure there was some press whereby Daboll said the OL would be "scheme specific" to the weekly opposition's defense versus Castillo's "one size fits all".....sure as hell would feel more comfortable with Daboll being the "Lead Dawg" in charge.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

They all played very well. However, I’ve read here they all suck, so last night must be a mirage..

No no.  It’s only preseason and it doesn’t count 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch out for the Ike. He is going to make a run at a roster spot. Excellent last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

They looked more than serviceable....Teller and Bodine were rock solid.Move Ducasse back to the right guard spot and let Teller start at left guard next week..I'm sure it's being discussed. Teller sure doesn't look like sideline material.

 

I'd even try Teller and Miller with Ducasse as Reserve in the pre-season.

 

The second unit looked better than the first in run blocking, and almost as good as the first in PB after the first sack. Maybe that was the opponent, number of opportunities or the fact Murphy seems on a mission to provide young legs to an ageing RB corps, but I've been banging the drum that the O-line is not the desperate mess some believed it to be.

 

The tird unit was pretty bad but Ike B seemed to stand out well in run blocking.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

 

I'd even try Teller and Miller with Ducasse as Reserve in the pre-season.

 

The second unit looked better than the first in run blocking, and almost as good as the first in PB after the first sack. Maybe that was the opponent, number of opportunities or the fact Murphy seems on a mission to provide young legs to an ageing RB corps, but I've been banging the drum that the O-line is not the desperate mess some believed it to be.

 

The tird unit was pretty bad but Ike B seemed to stand out well in run blocking.

 

You almost called them the turd unit, which would have been great.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Watch out for the Ike. He is going to make a run at a roster spot. Excellent last night. 

 

762C3BFE-1EF9-41F3-B4CD-C3BD8A5424AE.jpeg

Edited by Sky Diver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll wait until the season starts before I go giving praise to the O-Line. Castillo is bottom of the barrel as far a OL coaches, he is the only coach on this staff that I want fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OLines look better when QBs get rid of the ball quickly and on time. We haven't seen that in a while. Peterson, especially, gets rid of it very fast. Part of that is a naturally quick release but it's also play design and quick diagnosis that his first read is there especially when there's a favorable pre-snap matchup he likes. One reason Benjamin seems to be his favorite target going back to last season. Benjamin is a matchup nightmare for most CBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vlad Ducasse needs to be cut. He must have compromising photos of McD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

Vlad Ducasse needs to be cut. He must have compromising photos of McD

 

Sounds like he hit on your significant other.  Professionals have said he has played well when he was whipping boy on wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

Sounds like he hit on your significant other.  Professionals have said he has played well when he was whipping boy on wall.

 

i saw the game. He sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

They looked more than serviceable....Teller and Bodine were rock solid.Move Ducasse back to the right guard spot and let Teller start at left guard next week..I'm sure it's being discussed. Teller sure doesn't look like sideline material.

 

What did Miller do to be put on the Bench. He was looking like the Miller we thought we had before 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

 

What did Miller do to be put on the Bench. He was looking like the Miller we thought we had before 

Miller got benched after last year's Bengals game because he wasn't consistent.I have no problem with him getting a second shot,I guess.I'm mainly focused in on the fact that Teller was very solid last night...I'twould be a shame for him to watch from the sidelines all year of  he's capable of playing the same way every week.Hell...I'm all for solid depth,so I won't complain if Miller goes back to the way he played when he first arrived here.Good vibes for the interior lineman,Groy and Bodine included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

 

What did Miller do to be put on the Bench. He was looking like the Miller we thought we had before 

 

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

 

What did Miller do to be put on the Bench. He was looking like the Miller we thought we had before 

 

Struggled understanding the zone blocking scheme. Too many times he was stood there blocking nobody. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are, who we thought they were!

 

I BILL-eve in this online!!

Edited by Idandria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

 

Struggled understanding the zone blocking scheme. Too many times he was stood there blocking nobody. 

Like Mills in last year's Chargers game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WMDman said:

i even thought the second unit looked serviceable 

Yes. As I watched the 2nd quarter I thought: the Bills second unit is comprised of either mediocre/bad starters or young/unproven guys.

 

Newhouse and Bodine are just poopy starters, but might be solid depth. Teller looked strong, but inexperienced. The right side is a little muddier, but a team only really needs both a solid interior and exterior backup...

 

Another tackle with promise would be nice, in a better world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...