Jamal Adams doubles down on his challenge to Josh Allen

11 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Why worry about the Bills? and the 3rd string QB? who might not even see the field?

If he wants an NYJ Superbowl  it goes through NE and TB12.

Go call out the goat Mr Sophomore jinx.

Very good point.  Call out Marsha and see what happens to your defense, tough guy.

47 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm confused. Why doesn't he issue challenges to the QBs in his division?

Because Ryan, Roethlisberger, and Rivers, would shred him.

Luckily he plays for the Green Bay Packers, otherwise Rodgers might be in the mix too.

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

It's a tweet, not a doctoral dissertation. I get it though, I couldn't stomach using bad grammar. Too many years of Catholic education.

It didn't really involve the stomach much, more so the knuckle/ruler trick!!

OMG.  Some of you are so sensitive.  This is like a 2 on the trash talk scale.  If Allen beats him for a td, he could talk a little junk.  Maybe we should be happy he even knows who the Bills QB is,

and you would take him in the Bills in a second (though we have possibly the best S combo in the nfl).

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Gun to your head, with what you've seen this past year.

Adams or Hyde? Who you got? Be honest.

Adams just because he’s younger and cheaper.  But Hyde is really good, 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

B/R: The tweet at Josh Allen. Is that part of the mental warfare?

Adams: Yeah, I know he's seen it. I know he's definitely seen it, so that means he's going to try me and I definitely want him to try me. I'm excited for this year. I'm itching for this year because a lot of people just don't know. They just don't know yet. I don't want to spoil the treats. I just can't wait.

I just finished reading that whole interview and whoa! 

I can see where his coaches/teammates might not be thrilled reading some of that stuff. For ex -

B/R: What goes into changing the culture? You've been on a team that's been mostly terrible for decades, and you're a guy who wants to inject that losing culture with passion. How do you do that?

Adams: Just coming into the locker room, you realize the energy isn't there, and you have to bring it out of people. The veterans are more chill, calm, cool, collected. And you've got to bring in some young guys who are going to bring the juice to get them going, because they still got it but they're not used to it because it's not in the locker room.

What did you notice in New York where you're like, "I need to change this here"?

Adams: Everybody was used to losing. You can always tell that vibe. I came in, and it was like everybody wanted to do the bare minimum. They didn't want to go above and beyond. They didn't want to take that extra step. They didn't want to be uncomfortable, [but] to be great, you have to be uncomfortable. You have to be willing to sacrifice and willing to do the little things. And the team, the organization, just wasn't doing those things. It could've been two or three people on the team that were doing it and then the rest weren't or vice versa. But if you're not clicking on all cylinders with the 53-man roster, everybody upstairs, the staff, the whole organization, it's not going to go anywhere, man.

B/R: What does "bare minimum" look like behind the scenes? What startled you, surprised you last year in New York?

Adams: It's not necessarily what it looks like. It's more about the vibe. That sense of everybody getting used to it. Like, it hasn't been going good. People are not studying their plays. People aren't knowing the plays. People aren't knowing their assignments. We get paid to play a game. You think that people would be dedicated to their craft and actually study it and know it like the back of their hand. It just didn't happen on our team. It's the whole NFL. You have a lot of guys that make it but get comfortable. It's about having that mind-set that when you make it, you're just getting started.

I mean, then he does say that “the culture is changed this year. It’s a different vibe”. 

But still, it’s not like last year was Bowles and Maccagnan’s first year. It was their 3rd. 

And maybe it was just the way the interviewer asked the questions that made it seem this way, but it’s almost came off like he was taking the majority of credit for this (supposed) culture change.

• Haha (+1) 1