Allen already a factor in QB race ?

15 minutes ago, teef said:

As others have mentioned, I’m not so concerned who the starter is. I’ll Joey st want to see Allen improve and limit mistakes each day. That’s really all I’m hoping for this early. 

I should have read the thread, because it was already said. 

Would have saved you the terrible typing too.. ?

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Had a little too much Colt 45 yesterday with Billy Dee Williams?

I decided to watch a 3 year old and a 2 month old while my wife goes to wegmans. Terrible choice on my part. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Allen reports are encouraging but instead of measuring him against AJ and NP,  how does he look compared to Tyrod and the rest of the league’s starters?  In other words, how many other QBs would he beat out?  

Too soon to tell but I believe that would be a much more useful standard and a better indicator of how well the Bills offense might perform this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think that AJM is quietly having a solid camp

He is getting work with the ones and isnt falling on his face....even if he is dinking and dunking.

There is also some commentary that he is the best so far at making throws against pressure.......so there is that.

In the end...I think the qbs on this team will be Josh Allen and AJM

They keep all three. IMO

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think that AJM is quietly having a solid camp

He is getting work with the ones and isnt falling on his face....even if he is dinking and dunking.

There is also some commentary that he is the best so far at making throws against pressure.......so there is that.

In the end...I think the qbs on this team will be Josh Allen and AJM

In an unspectacular Trent Edwards like fashion. 

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

For the love of all get out if he is going to start, please, please, please, PLEASE find ways to protect this kid.

Come on oline: like you life depends on it, because his DOES.

He's big, strong, and indestructible so I've heard so no worries. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m guessing consistency will win out in this competition. If Allen is up and down over the preseason and ajm is more consistent though unspectacular, then he’ll be the starter. At least the preseason games will be interesting this year!

33 minutes ago, teef said:

I decided to watch a 3 year old and a 2 month old while my wife goes to wegmans. Terrible choice on my part. 

Your a good man!

But, in response to this post. Franchise Qb? Look I really like Allen and would love to finally say that we have a stud Qb. He hasn’t even had any pass rush yet! Anyone who has played the position knows it’s totally not the same thing without a pass rush. 

He has potential and can make any throw, but we will see.

9 hours ago, #34fan said:

Bingo...

He's shining in situations where no one's allowed to even breathe on him.

Let's see how he does vs. grown men looking to do him harm.

I wouldn't say he hasn't been breathed on. One report in particular noted that Allen had an awesome play fake, then with the pocket collapsing from both sides, he managed to step up and deliver a beautiful 20+ yard strike to Clay over the middle.

He wasn't hit or anything, but it's good to note that pressure WAS there and how he handled it is encouraging

9 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

He posted what he thought with a new article that no one else posted don’t be a jerk it’s not a thread that’s look at me he just didn’t want to post a link he contributed his thoughts with it

Thanks bro! That's crazy... they merge my link with this thread... so now Bill's fans wont be able to read that article by Sal... that's just sad. 

Edited by Scorp83

6 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

LOL. We weren't supposed to make the playoffs last year, but we did. This current OL is fine. Shady will have at least a 1,500 yard rushing season.

Sorry, what does last year have to do with this year?  We lost arguably the two best players from our oline during the offseason.

As usual, fans are overreacting after 1 practice.  Do I think Josh Allen is the franchise QB we have been waiting for? Yes.  Do I think he is going to start from day 1, and will be immediate super bowl contenders? No.  It's going to take a couple years to build a good oline around him and get him a good WR corps

6 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s been so long since we’ve seen this ... Kyle Orton might have been the last time 

https://twitter.com/bufffanatics/status/1023557086616141825?s=21

Looks good, he certainly has the gun to get it there. If he can display that kind of timing and ball placement in a a real game consistently then we got something!

THEN THEY KEPT MY TITLE HEADING?!?!? @Hapless Bills Fan what gives? You mods should have just kept the OP title...why steal mine? Then merge my OP in the middle of this thread? 

Keeping my title doesn't help people read that article...you guy's could have just merge his comment post with my thread... if you wanted to merge anything. 

As Bills fans... people deserve to read what one of our top best writers have to say. People dont sit on social media all day, some like to jump on a forum, cut on the radio... ect. You mods just robbed a few posters from that.