If the Bills start well, what will be said?

It just occurred to me.  If the Bills somehow come out of the gate on fire, for example 5-2, what will the news stories be?  The Bills have jumped out to big starts in the past, but the drought has always dominated the headlines..."Will the Bills Make the Playoffs?", "Will the Bills End the Drought?".  Well...the drought is over.  So I'm more wondering how the media would handle a Bills team coming off a 9-7 playoff year roaring to an early start in 2018.  Would they see a team that was good last season continuing the trend and talk about the improvements?  Or would they be mired in memories of the drought waiting, like some fans even, for the other shoe to drop...refusing to give them credit because, well, they're the Bills!  In the beginning it was easy to hand wave away some of the bad things happening to the Bills because hey, Super Bowls!  I think we might see the flip side of that now, hand waving away Bills improvements and accomplishments because hey, drought!

Some words will be said. They will probably include tired references to "Bills Mafia" and "Not had a Quarterback since Jim Kelly" and then the media will move back to talking about the Giants, the Patriots, the Packers and the Cowboys and normal service will be resumed.  

Until we are consistently in the playoffs 3 out of every 4 years or better, no one cares about the Bills minus Bills fans. 

I'm ultra die-hard and rep the team constantly. I wear a Bills wristband 24-7. Hasn't been off since before last season started. But what I said above is the truth.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, nickrage said:

"teams dont have enough tape on them, But once they do..."

likely.  But when we go 12.4, and win the AFC East, what will they say?  

(Likely it will be hours of "what happened to NE," totally ignoring the high caliber players this team has.  With a good scheme on D, we have at least 5 pro bowl caliber players: 

1. Tre White; 2. K. WIlliams; 3. Edmonds; 4. Hyde; 5.  Poyer.  

Who really cares what they'll say, or won't say? All that will matter is the record, and how they finish. 

But if they do start out that well, or better than currently perceived by the pundits, it would mean a few things. First and foremost, the Bills aren't as bad as they thought. QB play will have been better than expected, and defense better. But it could also mean that a few of the "tough" teams on the first half of the Bills schedule aren't as good as perceived, like the Cardinals were a couple seasons ago for example.

The news headline will be: "Patriots accuses 1st place 5-2 Bills of ball inflation. Showdown on Monday night football in Buffalo looms with 4-3 New England, as  Mafia taunts Brady in press with deflated Weenie Whammies."

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

It just occurred to me.  If the Bills somehow come out of the gate on fire, for example 5-2, what will the news stories be?  The Bills have jumped out to big starts in the past, but the drought has always dominated the headlines..."Will the Bills Make the Playoffs?", "Will the Bills End the Drought?".  Well...the drought is over.  So I'm more wondering how the media would handle a Bills team coming off a 9-7 playoff year roaring to an early start in 2018.  Would they see a team that was good last season continuing the trend and talk about the improvements?  Or would they be mired in memories of the drought waiting, like some fans even, for the other shoe to drop...refusing to give them credit because, well, they're the Bills!  In the beginning it was easy to hand wave away some of the bad things happening to the Bills because hey, Super Bowls!  I think we might see the flip side of that now, hand waving away Bills improvements and accomplishments because hey, drought!

who the hell cares if we are winning? i expect us to be very competitive right out of the gate and get a couple of surprise w's.  i hope it's the case cause i'm getting sick of all the pundits calling us next year's cellar dwellers.