If the Bills start well, what will be said?

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If the Bills start 5-2 it’s because Josh Allen  Nate Peterman is the next great young QB. The offense isn’t capable of starting 5-2 otherwise. 

Fixed it for you Kirby.    You know how many Nate fans we have on here.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

To the OP:  get some professional help regarding your Buffalophobia.  

Not everyone on the planet is out to get all things Buffalo-related.

Try and relax.

Um...what?  ?

Thanks all, this is what I was curious about, opinion-wise.  There is a tendency to give teams that were good the benefit of the doubt and a bit of a pass because they've been good.  And, equally, we're prone to knock teams that were bad even when showing improvement.  There is a part of our mind that expects a team to "fall back to form".  I think we're seeing that even now when several outlets predict the Bills, a 9-7 playoff team last season, will only win 2-4 games.  The idea being...they'll resume sucking because they're the Bills, and the Bills suck.

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

It just occurred to me.  If the Bills somehow come out of the gate on fire, for example 5-2, what will the news stories be?  The Bills have jumped out to big starts in the past, but the drought has always dominated the headlines..."Will the Bills Make the Playoffs?", "Will the Bills End the Drought?".  Well...the drought is over.  So I'm more wondering how the media would handle a Bills team coming off a 9-7 playoff year roaring to an early start in 2018.  Would they see a team that was good last season continuing the trend and talk about the improvements?  Or would they be mired in memories of the drought waiting, like some fans even, for the other shoe to drop...refusing to give them credit because, well, they're the Bills!  In the beginning it was easy to hand wave away some of the bad things happening to the Bills because hey, Super Bowls!  I think we might see the flip side of that now, hand waving away Bills improvements and accomplishments because hey, drought!

All depends on who the QB is.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Some words will be said. They will probably include tired references to "Bills Mafia" and "Not had a Quarterback since Jim Kelly" and then the media will move back to talking about the Giants, the Patriots, the Packers and the Cowboys and normal service will be resumed.  

Perfect answer!

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If the Bills start 5-2 it’s because Josh Allen is the next great young QB. The offense isn’t capable of starting 5-2 otherwise. 

Yeah, I agree. 

IF they have a 5-3 start and Allen isn’t the reason, it’s the best of both worlds. The kid needs time to adjust to the pro game -really. If one of the other QB’s can pull this off, it bodes well for the future as we’ll know we have a competent Back up

when Josh does take the reins.

Mike Schoop will lead all the other idiots at wgr off a cliff. Because they all think they will be a 4 win team, just like they thought last year. Then of course, when they made the playoffs they were jumping on the bandwagon quicker than a hooker drops her panties.