Bold NFL Predictions for 2018

- Giants and the Bears both produce top 15 offenses. 

- Bears win atleast 8 games. 

- Nate Peterman starts week one. 

- Deshaun Watson doesn’t play nearly as well as expected. 

- Patriots still win AFCe, but Brady starts his downfall. 

- This is Adam Gase's last year as head coach of the Miami Dolphins

- Joe Flacco plays very well to start the season, but gets injured, giving way to Lamar Jackson. Jackson never looks back and remains the Ravens' starting QB going forward.

- John Ross redeems himself and has a huge year for Cincy

- James Connor plays a lot of meaningful naps for Pittsburgh and does well, convincing them that they needn't pay out the nose to retain Le'veon Bell

- The Chiefs regress significantly. Mahomes starts the season on a tear, but once defenses get film on him and make adjustments, he has a subpar second half of the season

- Case Keenum is awful for the Broncos. Their fans regret Denver passing on a top QB in the draft.

- Andrew Luck wins Comeback Player of the Year, leading the Colts to 10 wins and a playoff berth

- New offensive coordinator Matt Lafleur proves to be a huge addition for the Titans. Marcus Mariota has a career year. Corey Davis breaks out at WR

- Mitchell Trubisky has a bad year. Talks of "bust?" and "THIS guy over Watson and Mahomes?!" begin

- The LA Rams have a historically great season but fail to win a playoff game...again

- The Norv Turner/Cam Newton marriage in Carolina does not go as planned, Panthers go into offseason with a big Cam Newton problem

- The Redskins win 11 games and the NFC East

- QB controversy rages in Philly after Wentz has a few so-so games, causing the Eagles to lose a couple close ones

- The new "leading with the helmet" rule costs the Bills a pivotal game, causing me to throw my television set out the window

Edited by Logic

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Feel free to share last year’s predictions....it’s a long dry spell we are dealing with. 

They are on here somewhere... Sammy to be traded for a second round pick was one. Green Bay to miss the playoffs was another. Both NFC wildcards from the South. Can't remember what my other 2 correct were. But I did 4 Bills and 4 non Bills and hit on 5/8. 

2 hours ago, arcane said:

serious question, I haven't followed the league super closely this offseason - a lot of people are pretty high on the Chargers, how come?

They ended last season on an absolute roll having started 0-4. Their pass rush is nasty, they still have Rivers and Keenan Allen is coming off a career year. 

• Like (+1) 1

So my definition of "bold" means something that could foreseeably happen but is unlikely (i.e., less than 50% probability) given what we know currently.  On that basis:

- Zay Jones hauls in 50+ catches for 750+ yards and a handful of TDs

- Josh Allen pulls a "Russell Wilson" in training camp and the Bills can't help but have him start the season as QB1

- Pats*** win 10 or fewer games

- Browns finish 8--8

- Fish contend for worst record in league

- Bills win 2 of 3 @BAL, @GB, @MIN

10 hours ago, thurst44 said:

Buffalo will be Top 5 in sacks, with someone surprising hitting double digits. I'm gonna go with Eddie Yarbrough.

I thought it read 'Top 5 in snacks', and I was going to say "but Wrecks is gone!"  I gotta get my eyes examined.

-Seahawks finish with 5 wins shocking many who can't see how talentless the team is after Wilson and a few others prompting Carrol to leave and retire

-Patriots win the division at a shaky 10-6 record and finally seem to start slipping after losing at home in the wildcard round

-Andrew Luck returns healthy and leads the Colts to a 9-7 record and wildcard birth

-But its the AFC South Texans at 12-4 who are the class of the AFC and go to their first Super Bowl

-San Francisco goes 7-9 putting the hype train back a bit on Jimmy G

-Pat Mahomes is the real deal but Mitch T is not as he throws more INTs then TDs showing his issues from last year are real issues now

-DROY goes to... Dallas Leighton Vander Esch who becomes the lynch pin on an improved Dallas defense that helps them make the playoffs. Edmunds does just as well but Dallas playoff birth and attention overshadows Edmunds.

-OROY goes to Calvin Ridley who in the Falcons offense explodes for a big season helping ATL to the best record in the NFC.

-Dallas beats Houston in a battle of Texas in the Super Bowl. Tony Romo cries seeing his replacement do what he couldn't as he broadcasts..America wants to vomit

45 minutes ago, corta765 said:

-Seahawks finish with 5 wins shocking many who can't see how talentless the team is after Wilson and a few others prompting Carrol to leave and retire

-Patriots win the division at a shaky 10-6 record and finally seem to start slipping after losing at home in the wildcard round

-Andrew Luck returns healthy and leads the Colts to a 9-7 record and wildcard birth

-But its the AFC South Texans at 12-4 who are the class of the AFC and go to their first Super Bowl

-San Francisco goes 7-9 putting the hype train back a bit on Jimmy G

I think all of these are very solid.  Bold but believable for me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Az wins the NFC West, but it's Sam Bradford that takes them to the playoffs.

Mason Rudolph is the only rookie QB to make a start this year as Ben R goes down to injury.

Sony Michel win OROY, as the patsy's find yet another way to embarrass us.

SB: Bengals and Lions. Battle of the cats.

9 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

SB: Bengals and Lions. Battle of the cats.

Would make me want question watching the big dance. Only thing that could be worse is the Cowgirls and the Cheats. 

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

-OROY goes to Calvin Ridley who in the Falcons offense explodes for a big season helping ATL to the best record in the NFC.

Then we trade a 5th round pick for Jones?

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't remember who it was but someone was just on WGR about an hour ago.  He said it's not out of the question to have the Bills defense talked about in the top 5.  

Tasker exhibiting symptoms of CTE again?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Tasker exhibiting symptoms of CTE again?

It wasn't a WGR guy.  It was one of those Schefter's, LaConfora, Florio types of guys.  

He was talking about how we now have 2 bookend rushers, had Edmunds the best linebacker in the draft (ahead of Roquan) and our course our secondary is still strong.

Double digit sacks for one of our edge guys (im leaning towards Murphy) with Lawson surprising and getting 7 sacks as well. Our re-vamped front seven paired with our deeper secondary will result in us having one of the best defenses in the NFL (unless you ask anyone on the national level.) 

Baker Mayfield starts by game 3. Darnold by game 2. Rosen starts game 1. 

Allen doesn't get a start unless AJ "pulls" a Peterman. 

Direct TV throws me an unprecedented 3rd straight free season when I call them and open the conversation with "when is my contract up".

14 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

-AFC West is the worst division in the league.

Can see this being close as well.  I do think the Chargers are a playoff calibre team but Denver I expect to be really bad again, the Raiders look a combustable mess again and I do see the Cheifs taking a step or two back.  Everyone is focused on the transition from Smith to Mahomes.... but has anyone noticed their pass rush has slowly descended from formidable to anaemic over the last few seasons?

23 hours ago, eball said:

So my definition of "bold" means something that could foreseeably happen but is unlikely (i.e., less than 50% probability) given what we know currently.  On that basis:

- Zay Jones hauls in 50+ catches for 750+ yards and a handful of TDs

- Josh Allen pulls a "Russell Wilson" in training camp and the Bills can't help but have him start the season as QB1

- Pats*** win 10 or fewer games

- Browns finish 8--8

- Fish contend for worst record in league

- Bills win 2 of 3 @BAL, @GB, @MIN

Man if they win 2 of 3, I sure hope it's balt. And LA.

On 7/23/2018 at 7:39 AM, GunnerBill said:

They are on here somewhere... Sammy to be traded for a second round pick was one. Green Bay to miss the playoffs was another. Both NFC wildcards from the South. Can't remember what my other 2 correct were. But I did 4 Bills and 4 non Bills and hit on 5/8. 

So the full list of my correct bolds last year was:

Non-Bills

Denver to have one of the worst 5 records in the NFL, thereby ending up with a top 5 pick 

Green Bay to miss the playoffs

Both NFC wildcards from the South

Bills

Sammy to be trade for a 2nd round pick (I actually predicted 2nd and a 4th but I'll take 2nd and Gaines as a win)

Micah Hyde to have 6 INTs and make the Pro-Bowl (he actually had 5 and made the pro bowl but I am claiming that as a win too)

Okay I have given it some thought.  A lot of good ones already in this thread so I have tried to be different rather than repeating ones we have already had. As always trying to be Bold and yet realistic... 4 for the Bills and 4 for the rest of the league...

Bills

- 3 of the 6 players selected by the Bills in the 2017 NFL Draft are not on the 53 man active roster for week 1 at the Ravens.

- Buffalo's leading receiver (yards not receptions) for 2018 is not currently on the roster.

- A defensive tackle will lead the Bills in sacks.

- Matt Milano will lead the Bills in tackles and snag at least two INTs.

Rest of the NFL

- New England fail to make the AFC Championship game (Not bold enough? Go check the last time they didn't!)

- Three NFL Head Coaches will be fired before week 17.

- Alex Smith will throw more touchdown passes than Patrick Mahomes.

- At least 4 of the 12 teams who made the playoffs in 2017 will have losing records in 2018.