California (again)

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Take it from a long time california resident but WNY native. This place is turning to crap...quickly 

I see the state where Trump is most popular has the lowest life expectancy. And since knowledge is the key to longer life, that state is full of uninformed people. California has high life expectancy 

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I see the state where Trump is most popular has the lowest life expectancy. And since knowledge is the key to longer life, that state is full of uninformed people. California has high life expectancy 

Oh brother.  Trump is so deep in your head, it's amazing you can even walk around....or do you?

By the way, California is the State with the most homeless people urinating in the street....but you don't see me linking that to Obama.

Edited by SoCal Deek

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh brother.  Trump is so deep in your head, it's amazing you can even walk around....or do you?

By the way, California is the State with the most homeless people urinating in the street....but you don't see me linking that to Obama.

The guy has an avatar of nuclear Holocaust, loves Adolf and celebrates his oppositions death. Don’t waste your time. It’s all vitriol, no substance. 

On 3/11/2021 at 1:45 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Supporting Trump Kills. 

Good to know. 

On 3/11/2021 at 4:16 PM, Tiberius said:

The largest differences in every state was among racial groups, blacks die earliest, then hispanics, then whites, then asians. The states with the largest black population will be the lowest and ones with high asians will be high. WV is the exception to that rule, which I assume is based in the jobs that they do.

18 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The largest differences in every state was among racial groups, blacks die earliest, then hispanics, then whites, then asians. The states with the largest black population will be the lowest and ones with high asians will be high. WV is the exception to that rule, which I assume is based in the jobs that they do.

WV has a lot more to do with culture and education level. Same reasons they support a person like Trump 

On 3/13/2021 at 12:47 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Is there ever a time when you’re not a truly horrible person? I mean, ever?

He’s not horrible.  He’s just boring, immature and extremely shallow.   It’s quite sad actually.  

Thanks for the confirmation of my point @BillStime 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Shocked 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Gov. Gavin Newsom says California will adopt the CDC’s new guidelines and reopen — a month from now

surprised.jpg

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/17/gov-gavin-newsom-says-california-will-adopt-the-cdcs-new-guidelines-and-reopen-a-month-from-now/

So I get my normal life back?  😃

Oh wait. I’m not vaccinated. So that makes my life.......

540170AC-AD1C-4640-9C35-366ABD09437C.thumb.jpeg.fb251ed81109fd0352ccbbf24de2ac20.jpeg

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Wow, California has a huge budget surplus!! 

How is West Virginia doing? 

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/553976-legislative-office-estimates-california-budget-surplus-just-38b-not-76b

And Newsom is going to use the surplus to buy votes against his recall.  Dumbass.  

Edited by Chef Jim

California nightmare: How high taxes, rampant crime, suffocating wokery, streets littered with homeless addicts, and years of liberal policies are blamed for ruining the Golden State... as thousands of families flee to Republican Texas and Florida

by Ian Birrell

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9608111/How-high-taxes-rampant-crime-streets-littered-addicts-blamed-ruining-Golden-State.html

On 5/18/2021 at 5:59 AM, Tiberius said:

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/553976-legislative-office-estimates-california-budget-surplus-just-38b-not-76b

Must be because they defunded garbage collectors and highway maintenance departments. This place is rapidly resembling a third world sh$& hole.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/05/us/california-gun-ban-overturned/index.html

(CNN)A federal judge overturned California's longtime ban on assault weapons on Friday in a ruling that likened the AR-15 to a Swiss Army knife.

Assault weapons have been banned in California since 1989, according to the ruling. The law has been updated several times since it was originally passed.

According to the ruling by US District Judge Roger Benitez of San Diego, the assault weapons ban violates the Second Amendment's right to bear arms and deprives Californians from owning assault-style weapons commonly allowed in other states. Benitez issued a permanent injunction Friday so the law cannot be enforced.

"Like the Swiss Army Knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment," Benitez said in the ruling. "Firearms deemed as 'assault weapons' are fairly ordinary, popular, modern rifles."

• 2 weeks later...

https://fee.org/articles/california-s-100-million-marijuana-bailout-tells-you-all-you-need-to-know-about-its-government/?utm_source=ribb

GOODER AND HARDER: California’s $100 Million Marijuana Bailout Tells You All You Need to Know about Its Government.

I bring up [the Johnny Depp film] Blow in light of news that California’s legislature approved a $100-million plan to boost California’s struggling legal marijuana industry.

As the Los Angeles Times reports, the industry is in serious trouble. The growth of licensed cannabis shops has been dismal and far below state projections. Just 1,086 retail and delivery firms have been permitted to date—about 82 percent lower than the 6,000 cannabis shops the government anticipated.

How is this possible? Well, shortly after California legalized pot in 2016, lawmakers began burdening the industry with so many regulations—particularly myriad compliance orders associated with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)—that businesses are drowning under paperwork, fees, and delays.

“Many cannabis growers, retailers and manufacturers have struggled to make the transition from a provisional, temporary license to a permanent one renewed on an annual basis — a process that requires a costly, complicated and time-consuming review of the negative environmental effects involved in a business and a plan for reducing those harms,” the Times reports.

Who on earth could have predicted this development?

On 5/18/2021 at 8:59 AM, Tiberius said:

They received 151 billion from the Biden Stimulus- so they were 110 billion short until then.

Blackouts Loom in California as Electricity Prices Are ‘Absolutely Exploding.’ 

“Two inexorable energy trends are underway in California: soaring electricity prices and ever-worsening reliability—and both trends bode ill for the state’s low- and middle-income consumers.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/06/25/blackouts-loom-in-california-as-electricity-prices-are-absolutely-exploding/

• Thank you (+1) 1

This stuff is pretty wild! California travel ban to states that don’t have same views on LGBTQ+ 

Democratic Attorney General Rob Bonta added Florida, Arkansas, Montana, North Dakota and West Virginia to the list that now has 17 states where state employee travel is forbidden except under limited circumstances.

Florida, Montana, Arkansas, and West Virginia passed laws that prevent transgender women and girls from participating in school sports consistent with their gender identity.

I have no question there is prejudice, which I thought was progressing nicely to a more accepting society… but why is the physiaoloagical competitive disparity not the center of the discussion? 

I suppose we could just go to single genderless sports leagues, but I thought the reason for separation of men and women’s sports was because of physiology. 

https://apnews.com/article/048670c6461032de3cb67154d624ab13

I why is it every last topic is so dam polarized? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Legalize marijuana!  Tax it!  Raise money!  The cartels will go away! They said.  I said then that legalization of marijuana will not have the cartels disband and sell Mary Kay. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-07-11/illegal-marijuana-grows-have-overrun-the-california-desert?_amp=true

But at least if the cartels drive those pink cars we’d be able to spot them faster. 

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

But at least if the cartels drive those pink cars we’d be able to spot them faster. 

For a second there I had no idea what you were talking about.  I had forgotten my Mary Kay comment. 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve lived out here for forty years. The decline is obvious to everyone and there’s no end in sight. 

NY following same script.  What a mess.  

• Agree 2