Jets 4th Round TE Herndon - DUI Major Accident

H2o

I have to believe if Herndon was hospitalized, it would have been mentioned in the article.  It did state he was arrested.  I'm guessing he had no more than minor injuries.  I'm also guessing he's in line to receive a suspension to start his NFL career, assuming he manages to avoid jail time.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

YIKES! I hope he understands how lucky he is nobody got hurt and figures out how Uber works. Who is surprised this happened at 4:45am? Nuthin’ good after midnight.....

serisouly.  If I owned an NFL team, every rookie would have Uber, Lyft, the local taxi all installed on their phones.  

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I have to believe if Herndon was hospitalized, it would have been mentioned in the article.  It did state he was arrested.  I'm guessing he had no more than minor injuries.  I'm also guessing he's in line to receive a suspension to start his NFL career, assuming he manages to avoid jail time.

NFL eventually needs to send a message on this type of behavior.  1/2 the season at least.  

It's like playing a game of Russian Roulette with people that didn't know they were in the game. That's what bugs me is that it puts other peoples lives at risk. 

Edited by Lfod

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

it's so stupid cause the nfl gives the guys taxi cards that give them rides if they're drunk.  on top of that uber. so many ways to not do it that it blows my mind people still do it. 

It's ego.  The players know they have options.  It's just the typical "What?  You think I'm a f'ing lightweight?  I can drive!"  *crash*

Hell with taxi cards, if I'm an owner I'd install breathalizers in the ignition of every players' car. >.<

Donte Stallworth is the first person I thought of reading this. He should be brought in to speak on his incident at the Rookie Symposium. They should go into great detail about what happened. I'm sure he could use the cash these days. 

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Drinking and football do not go together. If you want to get the most out of your body, drinking is the worst thing you can do.

Oh, sure! NOW you tell me!!!   ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Donte Stallworth is the first person I thought of reading this. He should be brought in to speak on his incident at the Rookie Symposium. They should go into great detail about what happened. I'm sure he could use the cash these days. 

Apparently Stallworth has a real interesting post playing career.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donté_Stallworth