Don’t be a high maintenance poster

SDS

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes. 

Doesn't seem to be a feature in this new software that lets folks check what's happened with their reports, so I can see where a contrary impression could arise.

It's been nice having you on the payroll.

This board was a complete sh**-show leading up to the draft. BBMB in full effect starting a new thread for every thought that popped into mind, gimmick accounts starting anti-semitic threads all they wanted. It was no holds barred for a while there.

I know I was reporting at least a thread a day back then, and I would (and will) do it again. The other option is having posters engage directly, and that's exactly what the trolls want, and also drags the board down to their level.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Jasovon said:

I'm impressed if people can get riled up at this time of year, i can understand on game day if emotions get out of hand but there is almost nothing to talk about right now.

DID YOU JUST CRITICIZE THE BILLS!?!? IM GONNA RIP YOUR FACE OFF!

?

14 hours ago, SDS said:

However, if you find yourself reporting posts every single day.....

There are grown men who do this??  :blink:

Anyone who reports posts every day (or ever) needs to have a 'whiny B word' icon attached to their profile.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

There are grown men who do this??  :blink:

Anyone who reports posts every day (or ever) needs to have a 'whiny B word' icon attached to their profile.

That's like saying either you feel the mods should be everywhere, reading every post on every thread,  or else the forum should be totally unmoderated.

I know for a fact I didn't sign up for the first.

I'm not sure we'd all like the look of the 2nd.   You might not actually understand exactly what that would look like.

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Didn't realize there were idiots here doing something childish like reporting posts every day.

Pretty sad.

I can guess who a couple of them are, though.

Reporting you.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's like saying either you feel the mods should be everywhere, reading every post on every thread,  or else the forum should be totally unmoderated.

I'm not sure we'd all like the look of the 2nd.   You might not actually understand exactly what that would look like.

No, that's like saying people need to have a thicker skin and anyone reporting posts on a daily basis should not be taken seriously.

No one who's been here for more than a cup of coffee has ever suggested either of the options you present.   We've had plenty of mods over the years who managed to walk the line between enforcement and restraint pretty effectively.  We're also had some who struggle with that balance.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, KD in CA said:

No, that's like saying people need to have a thicker skin and anyone reporting posts on a daily basis should not be taken seriously.

Hmmm well.  You are right that someone who reports a bunch of posts that are "really?  you're reporting that?" on a daily basis does not get taken seriously.  In fact they run the risk of riling the Mighty Thor, as you see by this thread. 

But you said " Anyone who reports posts every day (or ever) needs to have a 'whiny B word' icon attached to their profile.

I disagree with the bolded.

And there are times when folks get generally riled up and testy, or when there's a couple bad actors rolling around, and there could be legit reports, usually from the same handful of generally calm and level-headed posters, every day.

Just now, KD in CA said:

No one who's been here for more than a cup of coffee has ever suggested either of the options you present. 

'Scuse me, but when you say "Anyone who reports posts ever needs to have a 'whiny B word' icon attached to their profile, that is pretty much what you're suggesting: either the mods should be everywhere, or the forum should be, at best, very inconsistently moderated or unmoderated because the mods CANT be everywhere.

Just chiming in, so I can be on record if thread is ever locked.

*You're all a bunch of idiots.©®

Listen to SDS.  He is spot on.  Play nice and nothing is needed, even moderation.  Makes his and other's lives easier... That's a good thing, a good thing for the board thing.  This place should be self-running.

*DCTom, check is in mail.  When you get it, hold it for a week... Some beatch better not scan it w/a phone & bank app the sec you get it! ?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Look no further than The Dungeon - PPP. :ph34r: it’s largely self-moderated and fools are not suffered lightly.