Sign in to follow this  
transplantbillsfan

Minicamp is over!!! TC up next! Predict who wins the starting QB job for Week 1

Winner of the Summer QB competition   

338 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the #1 starting QB job @ Baltimore week 1?

42 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The preseason is made for qbs to look good.  EJ and Trent looked really good in the preseason. Much different when teams game plan. 

We will know with who starts the 3rd preseason game. Allen will be facing a pretty good defense in practice, especially in the Secondary. If he shines in TC and it carries over to the games then I think he gets the nod over McCarron regardless of being a rookie or not. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:
1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Do we trust McDermott with qbs after the Chargers debacle?

I just have a lot of worries about a guy who struggles in the Mountain West playing in the nfl as a rookie.  I think it could crush him and the offense around him looks shaky at best.  

We are talking about 1 game in a 16 game season.....and he quickly did the right thing and didnt get stubborn about it.

I still say that McDermott had his hands tied with 4 of 5 bad games with TT under center and he felt he had to do something.  And as stated McDermott didn’t hesitate to correct his error.  

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.90a34fcb3afaf4def2bd0717f79fa510.png

Good to see that most here are informed and understand that Josh Allen is going to be developed behind AJ. We drafted him because of his potential and not his readiness to play week 1. That said I understand the people that voted for him to start week one. My question is who are the 7 people that voted for Nate?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Like your comment is the definitive word.

McCarron starts week 1.  And we should hope for the year, as it would mean he's playing well and it will give Allen time to learn

This is based on the basic premise that bench learning is the best learning.

I disagree.

I hope--under the conditions that Allen actually wins the QB competition, is able to play above a certain baseline threshold and our OL isn't in complete shambles--that Allen starts.

Posted (edited)

I am hoping Allen comes in and blows everyone away this week and opens some eyes. If he doesnt start I am ok with McCarron starting.

Edited by wppete
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

image.thumb.png.90a34fcb3afaf4def2bd0717f79fa510.png

Good to see that most here are informed and understand that Josh Allen is going to be developed behind AJ. We drafted him because of his potential and not his readiness to play week 1. That said I understand the people that voted for him to start week one. My question is who are the 7 people that voted for Nate?

The informed ones might also understand that if Allen is by far and away the best option at QB going into the season, then he will start.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is based on the basic premise that bench learning is the best learning.

I disagree.

I hope--under the conditions that Allen actually wins the QB competition, is able to play above a certain baseline threshold and our OL isn't in complete shambles--that Allen starts.

I disagree with your disagreement

14 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I think Allen would have to be absolutely lights out during training camp and preseason to get the starting job over McCarron 

And McCarron has to play like crap.

may have a better idea come late july/early august, way too early to predict anything now. 

I think Allen has the talent to win the job but I think the Bills will go slow with him.  AJ will start the season even though Allen will technically have the talent to start. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You're free to.  It's an opinion, not a fact.

Just as I'm free to disagree with your opinion.

14 hours ago, nikuman said:

I have an incredibly high degree of faith in this coaching staff, but given the losses we took on the o-line I honestly can't see how anyone believes that our starting QB doesn't spend half the season on his backside.  For that reason alone, I really hope that they don't start Allen this year. 

IMO Wood was overrated , Richie was on the down side ( see pay cut ) , our OL is unproven but so was our defensive backfield last year , 

So please take two steps back no need to jump just yet !

1 hour ago, MJS said:

And McCarron has to play like crap.

I think McCarron will have that part perfectly covered. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

The informed ones might also understand that if Allen is by far and away the best option at QB going into the season, then he will start.

Agreed, he should start when he's ready. 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're free to.  It's an opinion, not a fact.

Just as I'm free to disagree with your opinion.

Absolutely

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

I really want a.j. to get  his shot and start the season. I feel like he can take us to the playoffs and also or mostly empathy. I also think we need to carry 3 QBs so that at the end of the year we have options to gain assets for next year.

lol wtf with this stuff? Why would you want a journeyman QB who couldn't unseat an average QB to "get his shot?" We just drafted THE MAN. If Allen is not starting by mid-season, then, well, he ain't really that man. 

Seriously, all you AJ fan-boys are nuts. Any game AJ plays is simply a place-holder game, waiting for the real QB to play.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

lol wtf with this stuff? Why would you want a journeyman QB who couldn't unseat an average QB to "get his shot?" We just drafted THE MAN. If Allen is not starting by mid-season, then, well, he ain't really that man. 

Seriously, all you AJ fan-boys are nuts. Any game AJ plays is simply a place-holder game, waiting for the real QB to play.

How is a player who is with his second team a journeyman? No one knows that Allen is the man and no one knows AJ isn't. If AJ plays great and Allen doesn't you have your starter. Really we want all 3 to play great. It gives this team great options. Some people like AJ some people like Allen. What's the big deal?

Edited by Bfanlc

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Well if the guy was right a lot Tyrod will still be in discussion for the Bills starting role and this would be a thread about that. 

Edited by Lfod

19 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

A guy who made it through the first wave of free agency?...... like made it to day 2?... after he was awarded the right? I find it funny how people act like he was just sitting by the phone for weeks.  I don't think there's any chance they throw ja in the first 4 weeks.

3rd day. May 14th was when he signed. He signed a day after McCown, Bradford, Cousins and Keenum all signed, which is what I consider the 1st wave because those were all the most desirable QBs in FA who were legit placeholders at the very least as starting QBs. Bridgewater was the other and he signed same day as McCarron, but I don't know if it was before or after.

News was coming fast at the beginning of FA with lots of guys signing so that extra day is a long time. But it's not just the extra day, it's the fact that we might have been the most desperate team out there in terms of FA, but our eyes were clearly on the draft so we weren't going to overpay, which we didn't, because we got McCarron at a fantastic price.

The Bills didn't go hard after any QB in FA, but they did after Allen.

That says something.

I think it's McCarron's job to lose, but I also think Peterman is going to light it up in camp and he'll get a look as a week one starter with McCarron coming in week 2. 

5 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

How is a player who is with his second team a journeyman? No one knows that Allen is the man and no one knows AJ isn't. If AJ plays great and Allen doesn't you have your starter. Really we want all 3 to play great. It gives this team great options. Some people like AJ some people like Allen. What's the big deal?

Marvin Lewis was never going to allow a QB competition. Dalton is their franchise guy. Those who claim he couldn't beat out Dalton are just showing ignorance...

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 5:45 AM, RyanC883 said:

I think McCarron starts week 1 and the entire season.  I think he surprises people and is this years Jimmy G.  Will be interesting to see what happens if Allen is lighting up practices while McCarron performs well during the season.  Two good quarterbacks.  Fantastic dilemma.  I know, seems like a long shot, but I really think this will happen.  

McCarron = Jimmy G...? :huh:

I voted AJM

My hope is that AJM plays well enough that the coaches want to give Josh Allen some time holding the clip board and work him in slowly into the lineup......there is nothing wrong with that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I voted AJM

My hope is that AJM plays well enough that the coaches want to give Josh Allen some time holding the clip board and work him in slowly into the lineup......there is nothing wrong with that.

We are not desperate enough to throw the rookie in right away.  

If the wheels fall completely off, then and only then should he see the field.