Another school shooting - Texas

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Exactly. Nothing to see here.  We are living in a safe world, safer than ever.  **** happens, it sucks, get over it.

One could ask for some proof of this, but I’m not going that route. I suggest if we are safer than ever, it seems we are improving. LET’S KEEP DOING THAT! 

Don’t tell those parents who lost their children today “*** happens, it sucks, get over it.”   I swear.....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

One could ask for some proof of this, but I’m not going that route. I suggest if we are safer than ever, it seems we are improving. LET’S KEEP DOING THAT! 

Don’t tell those parents who lost their children today “*** happens, it sucks, get over it.”   I swear.....

https://ucr.fbi.gov. Start there for the facts.

And pictures 

1920px-Property_Crime_Rates_in_the_Unite(find Waldo)

I will tell those parents exactly that. Get over it.  Today was likely the worst day of your life. Tomorrow will suck just as much, the next day won't be fun, nor the day after that. But, you'll go on with your life always missing a part of it, sure, but you'll go on with your life.

Every parent in this country should feel happier knowing their kid is in school and safer there than on the commute to or from school, on a sports field, at a mall or store, walking the block, etc.

Facts trump feelings. Emotional responses to horrific events don't change anything. Sensationalization and pandering of such events by the media only scares the sheep.  I don't walk on all fours, I can promise you that.

The sad truth is, I would bet by Friday of next week we have a 4 or 5 other half dozen majorly reported news stories of horrific events in this country. Not that it will be anything different than normal, it's just a lot better to cover those than it is cover other news that's inconvenient to agendas.

10 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I told myself not to click in here.  I did it.  Should have listened to myself.

I know one thing.  If a Congressman's family were executed every time this happened there would be a helluva lot more urgency in getting it dealt with.

So, you offer no solution. Just some platitude and emotional dribble.  Yeah, wish you'd not have clicked here, either.

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

And pictures 

I will tell those parents exactly that. Get over it.  Today was likely the worst day of your life. Tomorrow will suck just as much, the next day won't be fun, nor the day after that. But, you'll go on with your life always missing a part of it, sure, but you'll go on with your life.

Every parent in this country should feel happier knowing their kid is in school and safer there than on the commute to or from school, on a sports field, at a mall or store, walking the block, etc.

Facts trump feelings. Emotional responses to horrific events don't change anything. Sensationalization and pandering of such events by the media only scares the sheep.  I don't walk on all fours, I can promise you that.

The sad truth is, I would bet by Friday of next week we have a 4 or 5 other half dozen majorly reported news stories of horrific events in this country. Not that it will be anything different than normal, it's just a lot better to cover those than it is cover other news that's inconvenient to agendas.

So, you offer no solution. Just some platitude and emotional dribble.  Yeah, wish you'd not have clicked here, either.

I stopped reading at the bolded. You have no clue what they are going through, but “get over it” is your response. They will have to try, but anyone who suggests that as a response is hard to take seriously. We must take every reasonable, responsible step you can to continue going in the right direction. Why is that so hard? 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Why did no one try to console this kid? His classmate are saying that he was a loner who rarely showered, wore a trench coat to school every day, was bullied routinely, posted satanic imagry to facebook, wore a vest with two communist pins and a German Iron Cross, and had a custom made Born to Kill shirt? I mean, there were so many obvious red flags going on, and yet, everyone ignored them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

And again, I was going to answer but decided not to. You Sir, have a blessed day.

Gesundheit

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I stopped reading at the bolded. You have no clue what they are going through, but “get over it” is your response. They will have to try, but anyone who suggests that as a response is hard to take seriously. We must take every responsible step you can to continue going in the right direction. Why is that so hard? 

Again, buddy, I do appreciate this opportunity but you are having entirely emotional response. There is no way to have an honest discussion when emotions are running this high. 

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Why did no one try to console this kid? His classmate are saying that he was a loner who rarely showered, wore a trench coat to school every day, was bullied routinely, posted satanic imagry to facebook, wore a vest with two communist pins and a German Iron Cross, and had a custom made Born to Kill shirt? I mean, there were so many obvious red flags going on, and yet, everyone ignored them. 

Because we've been treating such things as dangerous, and that we have to appreciate unique differences without offending somebody. We have to tolerate those which are stupid or obscene. We have to accept those who disagree with us without confrontation, even if civil.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Gesundheit

Again, buddy, I do appreciate this opportunity but you are having entirely emotional response. There is no way to have an honest discussion when emotions are running this high. 

No, it’s called a human response. I hope I was born with this. You state things are safer than ever. Let’s keep doing the things that continue that path. Why not? You DON’T want to continue improving? Have we gotten TOO safe? You make no sense. I can have a rational discussion, but this is getting old. 

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Because we've been treating such things as dangerous, and that we have to appreciate unique differences without offending somebody. We have to tolerate those which are stupid or obscene. We have to accept those who disagree with us without confrontation, even if civil.

Well I do recall you mentioning being a sociopath, so I understand it. Now if you would actually have the stones to say it to a parent looking into the casket of their murdered child thats a different story. If you would then you're a sadist as well.

• Like (+1) 1

As an advisor at a University (and a former military vet who takes security very seriously) this is constantly on my mind.

Our commencement is coming up.  Every year while the other staff if my office are checking people in and making sure they are lined up correctly i am working with the campus police on crowd control, walking the grounds for suspicious activity or packages, etc. etc.

My prayers are with their families

Can't tell if Boyst is serious or just trolling the waters. Either way, take a lap. 

I don't care what statistics you want to roll out. Mass shootings are on the rise and we've got to figure out a way to stop that trend. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

17 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

And pictures 

pat yourself on the back. it's probably easy for someone with no kids who sleeps with cattle to not have any empathy toward human liife and then even goes as far as to let those know who do have, especially towards kids, that they're being over emotional.

you take the prize for possibly the worst poster I know I've ever encountered on a message board.

you should be proud, no wait, I know you're proud of yourself as self indulgence human beings are, so there is that.

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

No, it’s called a human response. I hope I was born with this. You state things are safer than ever. Let’s keep doing the things that continue that path. Why not? You DON’T want to continue improving? Have we gotten TOO safe? You make no sense. I can have a rational discussion, but this is getting old. 

i don't want to get things worse and without a definitive plan we cannot be assured it would be better.

the gimmick of "excelsior" is schticky.  it doesn't fly in reality.  eutopia will never occur.

37 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Can't tell if Boyst is serious or just trolling the waters. Either way, take a lap. 

I don't care what statistics you want to roll out. Mass shootings are on the rise and we've got to figure out a way to stop that trend. 

100% serious.

and, you're a dolt.  you don't care about statistics, as stated, so when i provide stats that show (and they do) that mass shootings are on not on the decline, you'll interject.

sorry to burst your bubble, but you're lightly not that bright for an electric company.

43 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Well I do recall you mentioning being a sociopath, so I understand it. Now if you would actually have the stones to say it to a parent looking into the casket of their murdered child thats a different story. If you would then you're a sadist as well.

and you took me seriously that i'm a sociopath?  and then question if i had the stones to say that to a parent?  ****, as a sociopath, that's exactly what you'd do.  that's not a sadist.  you need the dsm9

edit: oh, and, no, i wouldn't waste my time telling that to a parent who just lost their child that was murdered.  instead, i'd remain quite unless provoked or infringed.  disirregardless, you act as if i've never had hard times or known struggle or dealt with death/murder/suicide/etc.  we all have.  3 classmates murdered.  2 close friends suicide.  4 or 5 classmates died tragically within a year of graduation.  several of my employees have either a) been murdered b) died tragically c) died on the job.

life sucks, but you'll never make it out alive.  so i don't live in fear.

36 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

pat yourself on the back. it's probably easy for someone with no kids who sleeps with cattle to not have any empathy toward human liife and then even goes as far as to let those know who do have, especially towards kids, that they're being over emotional.

you take the prize for possibly the worst poster I know I've ever encountered on a message board.

you should be proud, no wait, I know you're proud of yourself as self indulgence human beings are, so there is that.

awe, i can't be mean to you because i made a promise to a friend.  but, bless your heart, sweetie.  keep trying!

Edited by Boyst62

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I am 100% all for that but there is way too much distraction going on for anyone to grow a pair of balls and do anything about what's going on because it's too god damn easy to be a victim and the payoff is too good damn high.

Great post 

You are a tool. Blame the victims. Ok.

24 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

100% serious.

and, you're a dolt.  you don't care about statistics, as stated, so when i provide stats that show (and they do) that mass shootings are on not on the decline, you'll interject.

sorry to burst your bubble, but you're lightly not that bright for an electric company.

I've been called worse.

Statistics don't support your case. Ask the FBI themselves:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/us/25shooters.html

4 massacres in the past 8 months with 10-59 fatalities. 

There are many things that are getting better, but not this. 

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

You are a tool. Blame the victims. Ok.

where, prey, tell, did i blame the victims?:wallbash:

1 minute ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I've been called worse.

Statistics don't support your case. Ask the FBI themselves:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/us/25shooters.html

4 massacres in the past 8 months with 10-59 fatalities. 

There are many things that are getting better, but not this. 

the ny times is cute.

your education on the facts of that article is even cuter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting

the awesome wikipedia is always a source of fun.

A mass shooting is an incident involving multiple victims of firearms-related violence.[1] The United States' Congressional Research Service acknowledges that there is not a broadly accepted definition, and defines a "public mass shooting"[2] as one in which four or more people selected indiscriminately, not including the perpetrator, are killed, echoing the FBI definition[3][4] of the term "mass murder". However, according to the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012, signed into law in January 2013, a mass killing is defined as a killing with at least three deaths, excluding the perpetrator.[5][6][7][8] Another unofficial definition of a mass shooting is an event involving the shooting (not necessarily resulting in death) of five or more people (sometimes four)[9] with no cooling-off period.[10] [9][11] Related terms include school shooting and massacre.

thus, the you're wrong.

sorry, i'll leave the mic here for you...try again? or should we try another game?

1 minute ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Boyst, I think it's safe to say that "we hear what we want to hear". 

You should write to your representatives and tell them to keep up the good work. 

I'll write to mine. 

Peace. 

actually, i can't stand my reps.

and my senator, Burr, is a douche.

:beer:

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I just was reading an article and something struck me as really disturbing. The article says "The bloodshed 30 miles south of houston is the worst mass shooting in America since February....."

WTF is going on inside of these kids heads?

Breakdown in society. God is slowly being eliminated from our lives, so something has to fill the void. The left is doing its hardest to break up families and promote immorality. Horribly tragic and heartbreaking, but not surprising. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Breakdown in society. God is slowly being eliminated from our lives, so something has to fill the void. The left is doing its hardest to break up families and promote immorality. Horribly tragic and heartbreaking, but not surprising. 

When they're not busy eating babies and kicking puppies ?

An unfortunate truth is the kids of today have no respect for others. They treat life like a video game with restarts to clean up messes. Society handed them the keys to do as they please. Don't like a teacher,neighbor,family friend,or parents attitude. Call social services or complain that they are abusing you by making you do  some work. 

We grew up with discipline given by parents unafraid of a phone call to authorities We were taught right from wrong without fear that someone would get involved in others business. Two things you knew about the cop  on the streets. One you did not want to mess with them Two if you needed someones help they were always there.

These shootings are taking on the semblance of " I can beat your score " . No regard as to the outcome of ones actions. If there is an answer to the mental states of so many young people, it might be that life's  leaders need to set better examples. Is it really all about how much can be grabbed for self gratification and ones own enrichment. Seems to be the message of the politicians and media currently. 

I personally do not claim to have answers and am glad my children are grown. 

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Many public schools are going to strict dress codes, so much so that they can only buy from certain sources.  It's abhorrent, actually.

But public schools are getting uniforms quickly. Indoctrination is so simple when kids are young and it's so easy to have a school system line their pockets with some graft when they get to approve the source and material you're allowed to wear.  School systems are becoming prison systems.

You want to go toe to toe...let's get it on!!! I Will begin my first opinion about your post....slop ass parenting isn't going well in my beautiful country...if public schools around my country need to lay down the discipline...hey,I'm all for it. I pay a boatload in school tax,with zero children in the system.If mommy and daddy have to fork out extra for little mommy's school attire...tough ****.I'm very proud to say..our nug is a product of Canisius. Dockers and dress shirts/ties over cop killer video games. Understood?

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

You want to go toe to toe...let's get it on!!! I Will begin my first opinion about your post....slop ass parenting isn't going well in my beautiful country...if public schools around my country need to lay down the discipline...hey,I'm all for it. I pay a boatload in school tax,with zero children in the system.If mommy and daddy have to fork out extra for little mommy's school attire...tough ****.I'm very proud to say..our nug is a product of Canisius. Dockers and dress shirts/ties over cop killer video games. Understood?

no, not at all.  what you just said actually made no sense as a reply to my statement.  can we try again?

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I just was reading an article and something struck me as really disturbing. The article says "The bloodshed 30 miles south of houston is the worst mass shooting in America since February....."

WTF is going on inside of these kids heads?

Copy cat thing going on now.

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Even I see where he is sorta right.  We are safer, the hazards are just being spread around in other places.

I simply don't get emotional over this stuff. Change needs to happen, but we must be careful that the cure is not worse than the disease.

Seriously, people have to reevaluate what they are doing in life.  Problems then seem to go away.  It starts with the broken home.

6 minutes ago, Dante said:

Copy cat thing going on now.

This.

But, how do we suppress the modern news?  Ain't gonna happen.  No way people who govern like Putin/China will get their way.  We have to ride these flames/flare ups out...

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

where, prey, tell, did i blame the victims?:wallbash:

Read your own !@#$ing post.

Everyone bitches about "today's kids", "millenials this and that", whiny liverals. You !@#$ing gun rights fanatics are !@#$ing crazy. I am not against the right to bare arms. I am against you and your ilks !@#$ing psychpathic desire to horde firearms and preach that less gun control is the solution. 

Don't give me speed limits. More fast cars is what we need. It is !@#$ing retarted.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Read your own !@#$ing post.

Everyone bitches about "today's kids", "millenials this and that", whiny liverals. You !@#$ing gun rights fanatics are !@#$ing crazy. I am not against the right to bare arms. I am against you and your ilks !@#$ing psychpathic desire to horde firearms and preach that less gun control is the solution. 

Don't give me speed limits. More fast cars is what we need. It is !@#$ing retarted.

8471a14e7ea217edd332b26933d3c960.jpg

bare arms?

my god, everything you just said though is so lamented with such aggression that it is clear there is inferiority.  responding to your emotional psychobabble is pointless.  enjoy your picture.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

8471a14e7ea217edd332b26933d3c960.jpg

bare arms?

my god, everything you just said though is so lamented with such aggression that it is clear there is inferiority.  responding to your emotional psychobabble is pointless.  enjoy your picture.

I would expect nothing less from a tool like you.

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Even I see where he is sorta right.  We are safer, the hazards are just being spread around in other places.

I simply don't get emotional over this stuff. Change needs to happen, but we must be careful that the cure is not worse than the disease.

They haven't released the pictures of the kids who were massacred today. That might play with your heart a bit. 

I remain hopeful, for better or worse, that there are bi-partisan solutions out there than can fix this. 

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

And pictures 

Serious question Boyst....

are you autistic? 

Follow up question: 

Do you think Sandy Hook was a hoax?

I'll hang up and listen. Thanks. 

Edited by Billschinatown

Guns have been around forever.

Columbine changed everything.

Sure, there were mass shootings before then but they far and few between.

Our society, in general, has a morality issue. 

In in the meantime, I’ll continue to carry and hope I don’t need to defend myself or anyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

In in the meantime, I’ll continue to carry and hope I don’t need to defend myself or anyone else.

This.

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

When has it not? 

1 minute ago, Billschinatown said:

When has it not? 

Look, if you think in the last, oh, 40 or so years things haven’t deteriorated at a rapid rate I think you are kidding yourself.

Like anything awful in human history involving society’s, it doesn’t happen overnight.

5 minutes ago, Billschinatown said:

Serious question Boyst....

are you autistic? 

Follow up question: 

Do you think Sandy Hook was a hoax?

I'll hang up and listen. Thanks. 

No, not autistic. Actually according to tests I'm highly intelligent. No idea how tf they determined that, but they were psychologists.  Several of them, funny story, actually

I don't know enough about Sandy Hook to say it was a hoax

I have a lot of questions about both parkland and the last avengers movie.

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Look, if you think in the last, oh, 40 or so years things haven’t deteriorated at a rapid rate I think you are kidding yourself.

Like anything awful in human history involving society’s, it doesn’t happen overnight.

I mean, Hitler kind of happened overnight.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Thanks,  for posting this ^^^^^^^^^. There is an abundance of truth in your comments

Stains like that losers inflamatory posts posted with impunity here should just be ignored. his opinions  are meaningless to anyone with an IQ at least in double digits. 

Flame away Stetson hat chump!  At this point your posts are only to inflame and you inow it. 

Your intelligence is sorely below the norm. 

Check out my grammar mistakes and get back. Loser! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Because the 1940, 50s were so pure and good, right? Or are you trying to say that literally, humankind moral problems began within the last 40 years?

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I mean, Hitler kind of happened overnight.

In a way, yes. However that atrocity was happening during a world war. 

1 minute ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Because the 1940, 50s were so pure and good, right? Or are you trying to say that literally, humankind moral problems began within the last 40 years?

Look, I’m not going to sit here and argue stupid points. Did I say the 40’s and 50’s were pure? What I am saying is those days were Snow White in comparison with today.

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

In a way, yes. However that atrocity was happening during a world war. 

Uhhhh.  Uhhhhh huhhhhh

Are you under 12?  This is 5th grade social studies material.

What world war was going on in '31 when he set his ambitions to the highest degree and '33 when he was appointed chancellor?

Edit:. Hitler, for his rise to power and destruction occured in just under 5 years.  That's !@#$ing fast.

Edited by Boyst62

15 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Thanks,  for posting this ^^^^^^^^^. There is an abundance of truth in your comments

Stains like that losers inflamatory posts posted with impunity here should just be ignored. his opinions  are meaningless to anyone with an IQ at least in double digits. 

Flame away Stetson hat chump!  At this point your posts are only to inflame and you inow it. 

Your intelligence is sorely below the norm. 

Check out my grammar mistakes and get back. Loser! 

Jboygirl shall be henceforth known as "Stetson Hat Chump". I prefer "Tool" but I will go with your version. As a reminder, check the photo SHC posted, then accused me of an inferiority complex. 

Sit and spin on your AK, SHC!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE