Is "faith" a requirement under McD?

eball

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

I know what you mean here, but this is entirely off topic and not really relevant to the OP's suggestion.

The issue is not whether McD is a "true Christian".  The issue is whether or not he allows his religious beliefs to interfere in otherwise objective/clear headed decision making.  I bet he does.

Of course you do

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

I know what you mean here, but this is entirely off topic and not really relevant to the OP's suggestion.

The issue is not whether McD is a "true Christian".  The issue is whether or not he allows his religious beliefs to interfere in otherwise objective/clear headed decision making.  I bet he does.

And where are you coming up with that assumption?

My guess: Bitterness over the decision to take Allen over Rosen.

My secondary guess: bitterness over cutting Sammy Watkins.

Am I close?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

True. But those are first names. If they were last names you may have a point. I would feel a lot better if we had a Schlomo or a Feivish or Mordachai somewhere in there. 

Peterman should count for the conversion points

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I never seen him pushing any religious agenda onto the team. I've never heard any complaints from players about him. I never seen him in any pictures even wearing a cross. I've never seen any pictures of him with his family or in a church. 

If he want to preach religion he can go be a Pastor. He is a professional NFL HC and I think he knows the difference between the two jobs. 

If anything AJMcCarron is the guy to watch out for with the religious chest piece. 

Edited by Lfod

43 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not sure about faith being a prerequisite but he clearly hates Jews. Passed over Rosen and not one Himmelfarb or Finklestein on the entire 90 man roster. 

Rumor has it that when Rosen was discussed as a potential pick McD burst into the room shouting, "that's meshuggeneh!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

As a man of faith I enjoy seeing men on the team that are showing Faith in their God. That said I dont believe they are pushing this nor is it a requirement for me. 

That said I find it interesting that this topic would come up in the wall. Not wholely a "Bills Football" post. 

That said, I am impressed more so with the ability to articulate sentences and players that already have their education they played college ball to aquire. Listening to the interviews of many of them I see a good family life and moral character in their conversation. Those things they are looking for are more often found in that type of environment rather than a ganster or white power environment per se

Edited by fansince88

Just now, TheElectricCompany said:

Geezus, the offseason is really hitting us hard, huh? 

Talk about taking a crumb and running with it. 

I think it’s a fair question and interesting topic for discussion. Several of us have questioned the same concept in a different manner, wondering whether it’s possible a team of all Eagle Scouts can win it all, or whether McDermott and Beane are passing over star players who have had some questionable pasts. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Peterman is like Springsteen. Sounds Jew right off the bat but in seconds you find out it’s !@#$ing Dutch. 

Hah.

for years a friend of the family talked up Romo because he thought he was an Italian. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Peterman is like Springsteen. Sounds Jew right off the bat but in seconds you find out it’s !@#$ing Dutch. 

Why do I not understand what this means? PS took me a minute. I get it now, you were referring to the name Springsteen ? . I understand that, but Peterman never sounded that way to me. Maybe it’s because growing up I knew quite a few people with that name. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I don't think McD considers faith a requirement.

I do think though that if two FAs were available with identical skill sets but only one was a committed church-goer, McD would choose him.   

Faith bring bonus points.  

If you are giving someone "bonus points" for being religious, you are disadvantaging those who have a different view because they aren't getting those "bonus points" and that is pretty much the definition of discrimination. It would be no different if you said that when the candidates have an equal skill set, I always hire the man. It is illegal in this state to make employment decisions based on sex, race, creed or sexual orientation, not even as a "tie-breaker".

• Like (+1) 4