Flank steak vs prime rib

Just now, BigDingus said:

If we're making steak comparisons, Allen might as well be raw meat compared to someone like Rosen who's well done...

Wait, that sounds gross on both ends. Nvm...your comparison was better.

Yeah, well done steak is a waste of good steak. But nice try! 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, well done steak is a waste of good steak. But nice try! 

Lol yeah it is...people who cook their steak like that should be forced to live as vegans.

And yeah, my comparison needed some work. Although "experts" called Allen "raw" all the time, while Rosen was always the one who's they claim is already good to go & start now, well done steak does not come across as a positive option ;)

Edited by BigDingus

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

People keep saying Allen has the most upside of the group.

Upon what is this based?

I think it's rooted in his cannon for an arm, perfect/huge size, and much higher than average overall athleticism.  

They seem to think that if you can harness what his body offers, he'll be an incredible QB.

This theory overlooks the small problem that is he a very average QB and always has been, or that anyone with his college stats have never amounted to jack at the NFL level.

57 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I think it's rooted in his cannon for an arm, perfect/huge size, and much higher than average overall athleticism.  

They seem to think that if you can harness what his body offers, he'll be an incredible QB.

This theory overlooks the small problem that is he a very average QB and always has been, or that anyone with his college stats have never amounted to jack at the NFL level.

The same qualities that he had in college will now magically become enhanced when the defenses get much bigger, faster, stronger, and better.

Sounds like a plan.

7 hours ago, Augie said:

Wait! I think this is all about how to do flank steak right! I say stir fry or sous vide then sear and you get a great meal. 

I get your point (really!), and I hope it works out as we all hope and pray. 

Anything that thick needs to take a nice water bath. I'm a NY Strip man myself.

I cook them both the same.

Indirect with coals at 220 until meat reaches 120 internal.

Then wrap the meat, open up all the vents and let the coal get blazing.

Put the cut back on, directly over the flaming coals for about 1.5.- 2 mins to sear.

Wrap and rest for 20 mins.

Edited by sherpa

24 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I cook them both the same.

Indirect with coals at 220 until meat reaches 120 internal.

Then wrap the meat, open up all the vents and let the coal get blazing.

Put the cut back on, directly over the flaming coals for about 1.5.- 2 mins to sear.

Wrap and rest for 20 mins.

nice.

50 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Who in the hell grills a slab of prime rib?  What is this?  I don’t even....

Best left to the Professionals John.

Have you had blackened Prime rib ?

22 hours ago, Bills4life1924 said:

I see posters claiming they would have went for sure fire thing (ala rosen) instead of taking best potential (ala Allen).. no right or wrong opinion, but If I'm gonna grill me a nice steak on the grill, I'm gonna go prime rib all day, everyday! Sure I might have to wait a little longer before I eat, compared to grilling a flank steak. But I have patience and the wait will be worth it! If ur hungry and want to eat, by all means choose the flank.. But if u have time and can wait for a better meal, choose the prime rib every time!!

Allen>Rosen

Go Bills!!

Rosen reminds me of a nice brisket, quite tasty at first but then the meat just falls off the bone!

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Have you had blackened Prime rib ?

No, because anyone that knows anything about the restaurant biz understands that “blackened” anything means it’s sitting in the walk-in and it’s about to turn so we need to season the schitt out of it so dumb customers don’t notice.

18 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I like them all but everyone has their go to.

There is a place in Rochester that cooks their steaks at 1200 degrees. They are crispy on the outside and perfect on the inside. I'm thinking I got to go for one.

Not even gonna go thru the other pages. 

Flank steak all day. It marinates well, it cooks fast, no fatty waste, and if you slice it properly, it’s easy to eat.

orange and lemon juice, soy, ketchup, garlic minced, done.