Kim Pegula Releases Statement on the Future of Training Camp at SJF

33 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills were never leaving Rochester. It is too important to the viability of the franchise. This couldn’t be less of a story. There is no credit to be distributed here. The Bills have a contract and are abiding by it. Why is this a story?

Because too many posters on this MB don't put their brains in gear before hitting the <Submit Reply> button.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s way too late in the game to change training camp this year, so what would be the point of her making any inflammatory remarks.  

If if there is an out clause in the contract, this could be the last camp at SJF.   Plans could already be in the works...who knows. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yes, but the Pegula’s are going to keep the few million dollars (plus the Rochester goodwill). I will be shocked if they ever leave regardless of what McDermott wants.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't McDermott change the way TC was being run last year?

I believe he had more "closed practices" which I had no problem with.

It doesn't matter where they hold TC.  SJF is fine and McDermott will have a bigger say as to how they are run.

All teams have "open practices" and the Bill's will continue to have them too.

The NFL uses a portion of Training Camp as a marketing tool and will continue to in the future.

IMO this is all a tempest in a teacup.

3 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

It's a real positive that Kim is involved. She ahould be comfortable in the business because after all she's much younger than Terry. She could be the sole owner one day.

Ha ha oh my!

As for this press release, the Bills have 4 years on their contract at SJF. Thank god for Kim Pegula. I take back anything I have ever said about her being unqualified. She's proven me wrong. The way she navigated that press release was way better than anything Terry could have done. Go Kim!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Translation:  "We could break the contract, but we're not going to do it.   After that, all bets are off, although I love my hometown."

Well, what do you expect? It's business. Why would she commit more than this year? They might renew, might not. And teams do change facilities and areas they train in all the time. 

25 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't McDermott change the way TC was being run last year?

I believe he had more "closed practices" which I had no problem with.

It doesn't matter where they hold TC.  SJF is fine and McDermott will have a bigger say as to how they are run.

All teams have "open practices" and the Bill's will continue to have them too.

The NFL uses a portion of Training Camp as a marketing tool and will continue to in the future.

IMO this is all a tempest in a teacup.

The sponsorship revenue that the Bills have created from camp is very, very high compared to the rest of the league. They’ve invested in Rochester and in turn a lot of Rochester companies have invested in them. They would lose a significant revenue stream by going back to the stadium. It doesn’t make any sense in their situation. If it ain’t broke....

Closed practices may be a compromise long term. They may give him 5 or so closed practices during their time at SJF. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The sponsorship revenue that the Bills have created from camp is very, very high compared to the rest of the league. They’ve invested in Rochester and in turn a lot of Rochester companies have invested in them. They would lose a significant revenue stream by going back to the stadium. It doesn’t make any sense in their situation. If it ain’t broke....

Closed practices may be a compromise long term. They may give him 5 or so closed practices during their time at SJF. 

Thanks for the details.  Like I said doesn't matter to me where.  SJF sounds fine and I do know that the Rochester fans love them there.

Sound like a win/win even if Brandon created the deal.

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott might not be the HC in two years, so I find it highly unlikely that the Bills would break a valid contract and possibly alienate business sponsors just to please him.  If he's still HC when the contract comes up for renewal, his wishes will be taken in consideration but unless he brings a Lombardi to the Bills in the next 3 or 4 years, his preferences won't be the overriding fact in determining if TC stays at SJF or is held elsewhere.

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

Exactly, that statement really said almost literally nothing about the future, other than they're "preparing" for camp there this summer, which isn't the same as being committed to camp there this summer. Loopholes big enough to drive a Pittsford Central School District bus through. 

Yet, many people in this read read that statement like they were committed for all 4 years.  It clearly doesn’t say that

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

McDermott might not be the HC in two years, so I find it highly unlikely that the Bills would break a valid contract and possibly alienate business sponsors just to please him.  If he's still HC when the contract comes up for renewal, his wishes will be taken in consideration but unless he brings a Lombardi to the Bills in the next 3 or 4 years, his preferences won't be the overriding fact in determining if TC stays at SJF or is held elsewhere.

Right... if you read my post I said it was likely, especially if he signs renewal.  If he does, bye bye Fisher

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Smart move? She said they are honoring the current agreement. How is this press release indicative of her intelligence or qualifications?

In the age of texting and twitter, some people are easily impressed when someone puts multiple complete sentences together.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm excited about Kim & hope she can handle the job. The Bills have been kick around for a long time by the media & the good old boy network of the NFL. Things are changing & the Bills are at the forefront of what's happening in the world. I think it's part of a new era for the Bills. Sorry if someone posted the same thoughts' I didn't have time to read the whole thread.

2 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Dude. In 4 years they may be building a new stadium. There is no assurance that it will be built at OBD, right?

Even a with a downtown stadium Bills offices and camp could still be in OP.

• Like (+1) 2