Erie County Executive concerned about fan behavior

46 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

Honestly, some of the behavior does need to be toned down a little bit.  People are going to hurt themselves.  That being said, i don't think making more laws and cracking down on the lot owners is the answer.  I think the answer is having a larger police presence in and around the stadium.  Anybody walking in the game that is too shitfaced to control themselves gets turned away.  Anybody who gets to that point during the game gets ejected.  Give the security guards doing bag searches and running the metal detectors the ability to deny entry.  IMO it's as simple as forcing people to cut back on the drinking before the game.  Let people do what they want on private property, but the second they try and get into the game make it known that that level of intoxication is unacceptable.

They do this now. I (sadly) know people that got rejected at the gate and had to go sleep it off in the car while everyone enjoyed the game. And rightfully so.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

China's also eating our lunch, and has been since....the 1990s?

Try harder.

Also, for the reading challenged, I was citing governments that are working...in contrast to ours.

How did talking about getting slammed through flaming tables devolve into a political discussion? ;) 

16 minutes ago, Irv said:

Somebody needs to stop those "Table Torching Twerps". 

I think we need to slam them through a flaming table to teach them a lesson ;)

I'm absolutely convinced someone will be paralyzed sooner that later.  I also expect some table jumper will use a poorly constructed table and have the leg support or metal piece impale them as the table crumples.  It's all fun and games until someone gets impaled.

I'm sure the County Exec is trying to save people from themselves but that's a difficult thing to do.

16 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'm absolutely convinced someone will be paralyzed sooner that later.  I also expect some table jumper will use a poorly constructed table and have the leg support or metal piece impale them as the table crumples.  It's all fun and games until someone gets impaled.

I'm sure the County Exec is trying to save people from themselves but that's a difficult thing to do.

From two different sources, I know there will be changes the way the New Era Bus Lot is run. How exactly will be explained in the future. I remember there was a large group incident there last season. I believe also private lot owners will be "held responsible". What does that mean I only guess if you constantly are a problem lot you could be shut down. 

21 hours ago, Heitz said:

To be fair, I've been to some super nice stadiums, arenas, etc. and have gotten plenty drunk.  Buffalo doesn't need to be the Mad Max Wasteland for a Bills game to be fun.

Also, all these lots have problems, but Hammer doesn't - funny how that works.   BTW, when the Bills move downtown, I'm going to buy a lot and just give it to Hammer... :beer:

But what about your cooler that went missing?  That's the type of hi-jinx, tomfoolery, and monkey shines that needs to end.

5 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I've heard from "sources" that Batavia/Genesee county allow and encourage flaming table jumping and dizzy bus kissing ... Perhaps they should move the stadium.

Hpefully that is in the area East of Buffalo where I bought all that land ;)

40 minutes ago, stuvian said:

perhaps the Erie county official should talk to the guy who's misbehaving and tell him to shape up

Its much easier to put restrictions on 99% of the people than try to hold the perpetrators responsible ;)

7 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Its much easier to put restrictions on 99% of the people than try to hold the perpetrators responsible ;)

"Sources" tell me you made a great purchase

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/3/2018 at 1:33 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

Poloncarz must be hanging out with SaviorPeterman to be so "concerned". 

Maybe there could be liability concerns. Does the county own the property and could be sued for negligence if someone is seriously injured or killed? Attorneys are quite apt at getting around the fact that someone was acting irresponsibly and injured himself or someone else. On a side note this type of behavior while only being a minority of individuals is one reason I no longer care to go to games.

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Move over Green Bay the Bills have the "Letchworth Leap"!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/3/2018 at 3:42 PM, Irv said:

Move the stadium downtown where no space to tailgate - problem solved.  People won't set up 8 hours early to hang in a parking garage.   

No problem as long as the cost is out of the campaign contributions given to politicians causing ruckus.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:03 PM, Rockpile233 said:

In Europe they stab each other over soccer. I would keep the problem of drunk teenagers ten days out of the year in perspective.

This is the same group that eats tide pods. 

Start injecting cyanide into tide pods and problem solved.

On 5/3/2018 at 6:11 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...brilliant!...you nailed it....deploy the TSA in EVERY parking lot....could NEVER be safer than that...............

Of course we we know lot hijinks are related to terrorism.  Maybe bring in INS as well.