Erie County Executive concerned about fan behavior

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

There are a few ways they could fix this problem without ruining the fun for everyone...

- Be much more aggressive at making arrests for drunk and disorderly conduct.  The postgame police blotter usually has what, 20 to 30 people arrested after a game?  That seems fairly low to me.

- Have the Bills fund a significantly larger police presence in the parking lots and surrounding streets.  Bring in off duty officers from other jurisdictions like Rochester if you have to.

- Require all private parking lots to apply for a free permit.  Place a zero tolerance policy on fan misbehavior and if any officer gets a complaint about inappropriate behavior from a source other than the lot or its owners, revoke the lot's permit for the remainder of the season AND the following season.

It's not exactly rocket science.  This goes on because the law isn't enforced and the consequences aren't severe enough.  Enforce the law, put teeth in them, and these problems solve themselves.

All of that is just going to create more clashing between drunk fans and the sheriffs.

Again, put a better team on the field and this will take care of itself. As will ticket sales so our new President doesnt have to work too hard.

Winning cures everything.

Plus, as Irv pointed out, in a handful of years when the stadium opens downtown, there wont be as much space for tailgating at all. They will push fans into the sports bars and restaurants they build around the stadium.

20 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Don't be such a "pistol packing punk!"

I know your type. You're probably one of those "table torching twerps!"  :P

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sorry, sorry, sometimes my inner nerd just can't resist.

It’s hardly “inner” but we understand your point.  On behalf of the membership here your apology is accepted.   

3 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Easy build a new downtown Dome Stadium where there will be NO Private lots 

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Hooray for sterile, corporate environments that only a yuppie would love!

Ot of stadiums with no tailgating to the extent of Buffalo. And those game day experiences have been great. 

5 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

the should concerned the people are starting to act like morons more and ore every year

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Ot of stadiums with no tailgating to the extent of Buffalo. And those game day experiences have been great. 

Yeah, I'll pass.

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

the should concerned the people are starting to act like morons more and ore every year

Oh look, it's someone who thinks he's smarter than he actually is!

Just now, joesixpack said:

Yeah, I'll pass.

Cool then maybe adults need to act like adults and the tailgating will get to stay. But i doubt it everyone looking for their 5 min of fame 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Cool then maybe adults need to act like adults and the tailgating will get to stay. But i doubt it everyone looking for their 5 min of fame 

:lol: you'll never see me powerbomb a table. but then again, i'm not a windowlicker.

However, I'll defend the right of windowlickers to powerbomb tables everyday.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well if we all want to be adults all the time maybe we should get rid of the NFL, it is after a kids game. 

Nah. Bills fans will keep doing this until someone dies from injury or ends up being paralyzed badly. Christopher Reeve merely fell off of a horse. Once that happens, he/she becomes the poster child for what not to do at Bills games. 

Either way, this table slamming isn’t going to last. Either it stops because of remorse and regret or the gov steps in and holds everyone’s hands. 

2 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Well if we all want to be adults all the time maybe we should get rid of the NFL, it is after a kids game. 

How is football a kids game? That’s like saying being a cop is a kids job because every kid plays cops and robbers

2 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Nah. Bills fans will keep doing this until someone dies from injury or ends up being paralyzed badly. Christopher Reeve merely fell off of a horse. Once that happens, he/she becomes the poster child for what not to do at Bills games. 

Either way, this table slamming isn’t going to last. Either it stops because of remorse and regret or the gov steps in and holds everyone’s hands. 

I prefer the former to the latter.

7 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

It's not a kids game. It's why there's an age limit post high-school.  The rule literally screams "mans game, your body ain't ready for the pounding."

11 minutes ago, stony said:

It's not a kids game. It's why there's an age limit post high-school.  The rule literally screams "mans game, your body ain't ready for the pounding."

So peewee football doesn’t exist?

And your age limit pretty much proved my point, your considered old past your thirties in the NFL, the NFL is nothing but grown men yes, but they are young men and are playing a game they played when they were in single digits in age. 

Edited by Commsvet11