Erie County Executive concerned about fan behavior

16 minutes ago, stevewin said:

lol - the Millennial Zone.  Filled with patrons who can't hold their alcohol, want to stand the whole game, think the whole game experience is about them (to hell with how their boorishness affects those around them), glued to their phones, with 1 out of 5 males drunkenly spending the entire time turned with their back to the game waving their arms up screaming "C'mon stand up!" 

LOL.   Take away the phone part of your post and that's the exact same game day experience I had when I owned season tickets in the 1980s and 90s...

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Acting like unqualified football fans?

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Acting like unqualified football fans?

What is a qualified football fan? 

I have my phone out to check the other  scores and my fantasy, and to take pictures. I stand up and cheer when plays are made, I don’t drink at the stadium, but I know full well if there is alcohol sold at a function there will be those who drink too much. 

If if you wish to avoid these things perhaps it’s best you stay home.

Edited by Commsvet11
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

The game in Jacksonville was fun, but the behavior there was insane. Haven't seen too much happening in Orchard Park but I'm also around the same people. 

I've been to a million games home and away and I've never seen anything like it. Jax security did nothing either- basically just let the Bills fans go Mad Max in our own parking lot. If they die, they die. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I like Poloncarz but they say this every year and every year I have the same response:

"Put out a real, winning football team, and a lot of the bad behavior will go away as true fans of the game come back".

So the true fans are the ones who dont support the team when they're losing, but the fake fans are the ones who consistently show up to every game? 

6 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

So the true fans are the ones who dont support the team when they're losing, but the fake fans are the ones who consistently show up to every game? 

The true fans of the game. Context matters. There are a lot of folks who would rather watch the crummy product on TV than overspend. If the on-field product was of a higher quality, the expenses associated with attending the game live might be justifiable.

But make no mistake, he never said the folks tailgating aren't true Bills fans. Just that their priority isn't necessarily to see good football (or remember the game at all, perhaps).

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The true fans of the game. Context matters. There are a lot of folks who would rather watch the crummy product on TV than overspend. If the on-field product was of a higher quality, the expenses associated with attending the game live might be justifiable.

But make no mistake, he never said the folks tailgating aren't true Bills fans. Just that their priority isn't necessarily to see good football (or remember the game at all, perhaps).

You beat me to it. Thank you.

I was talking about Football purists, not the people who are just there because it's a good party. We're all Bills fans, some just for different reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

Move the stadium downtown where no space to tailgate - problem solved.  People won't set up 8 hours early to hang in a parking garage.   

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

because that would be awesome. :rolleyes:

I actually think that would suck.  I like the tailgating and the imagination people put into their set-up's.  But I don't like the drunks fighting.  I went to a Browns game.  I didn't see any tailgating.  

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

:lol: so many crotchitty old men in this thread.

Seriously! Mad at grown folks acting juvenile at a venue where grown men get paid millions of dollars to play a..........juvenile game.

There are a few ways they could fix this problem without ruining the fun for everyone...

- Be much more aggressive at making arrests for drunk and disorderly conduct.  The postgame police blotter usually has what, 20 to 30 people arrested after a game?  That seems fairly low to me.

- Have the Bills fund a significantly larger police presence in the parking lots and surrounding streets.  Bring in off duty officers from other jurisdictions like Rochester if you have to.

- Require all private parking lots to apply for a free permit.  Place a zero tolerance policy on fan misbehavior and if any officer gets a complaint about inappropriate behavior from a source other than the lot or its owners, revoke the lot's permit for the remainder of the season AND the following season.

It's not exactly rocket science.  This goes on because the law isn't enforced and the consequences aren't severe enough.  Enforce the law, put teeth in them, and these problems solve themselves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, stony said:

I would like to add large speaker/subwoofers to the ban list.  Those ruin my game-day experience about as much as "get up and cheer guy." 

This is annoying.  Especially when you end up having to park with one in your ear.  Cant have a conversation while standing there for 4 hours listening to someone's choice of loud music.  Fun.  

Its almost as annoying when you end up in the nearby crossfire of 2.