Erie County Executive concerned about fan behavior

25 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm sure flame-resistant, indestructible folding tables will have a market big enough to recoup their investment.

Indestructible folding tables would be a very counter-productive move.  That's fundamental physics.

All of the crash tests and engineering that have improved automobile crash survival and reduced injuries in recent decades play off this by designing materials to crumple and thus absorb energy to reduce the force on the car occupants.  It's not as cute as that airbag ad where the girl holds up the deflated airbag and says "I survived!", but we could film an ad where I hold up the L rear pax door of my kid's totalled Civic and say "I Survived!" just as honestly because DAMN did those engineers nail it.

So if they want to improve fan safety, indestructible tables would be counter-productive.  They should engineer tables to crumple in multiple spots, not just break at one place.  Or maybe with airbags underneath them.

Sorry, sorry, sometimes my inner nerd just can't resist.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Indestructible folding tables would be a very counter-productive move.  That's fundamental physics.

All of the crash tests and engineering that have improved automobile crash survival and reduced injuries in recent decades play off this by designing materials to crumple and thus absorb energy to reduce the force on the car occupants.  It's not as cute as that airbag ad where the girl holds up the deflated airbag and says "I survived!", but we could film an ad where I hold up the L rear pax door of my kid's totalled Civic and say "I Survived!" just as honestly because DAMN did those engineers nail it.

So if they want to improve fan safety, indestructible tables would be counter-productive.  They should engineer tables to crumple in multiple spots, not just break at one place.  Or maybe with airbags underneath them.

I look forward to the Bills fans' class action suit against the NFL when half of Buffalo comes down with CTE.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fine, fine. Silicone Tables made to withstand up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit will do...

This is all part of what all Bills fans should see as inevitable:

New stadium - corporate, antiseptic, and built to price out the average Joe Six Pack

Limited on-site tailgating

The fan experience will be just like what you see in the big cities...

Of course we really don't want that to happen, but we probably know that most of it will come true whether we want to or not. 

There is a happy medium to be found that cuts down on the truly reprehensible behavior while still maintaining all that makes the Bills' game-day experience unique.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Instead of millions of dollars, couldn't they just print those on waterproof material and have an Eagle Scout Project take on putting them up in the worst (or best, depending on your viewpoint) locations?

like the election signs in your front yard.  Small, portable and easy to "install"  

or throw away / burn 

9 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

This is all part of what all Bills fans should see as inevitable:

New stadium - corporate, antiseptic, and built to price out the average Joe Six Pack

Limited on-site tailgating

The fan experience will be just like what you see in the big cities...

Of course we really don't want that to happen, but we probably know that most of it will come true whether we want to or not. 

There is a happy medium to be found that cuts down on the truly reprehensible behavior while still maintaining all that makes the Bills' game-day experience unique.

To be fair, I've been to some super nice stadiums, arenas, etc. and have gotten plenty drunk.  Buffalo doesn't need to be the Mad Max Wasteland for a Bills game to be fun.

Also, all these lots have problems, but Hammer doesn't - funny how that works.   BTW, when the Bills move downtown, I'm going to buy a lot and just give it to Hammer... :beer:

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Maybe, instead of family zone, they should just build a "20 Something Zone."

lol - the Millennial Zone.  Filled with patrons who can't hold their alcohol, want to stand the whole game, think the whole game experience is about them (to hell with how their boorishness affects those around them), glued to their phones, with 1 out of 5 males drunkenly spending the entire time turned with their back to the game waving their arms up screaming "C'mon stand up!" 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, stevewin said:

lol - the Millennial Zone.  Filled with patrons who can't hold their alcohol, want to stand the whole game, think the whole game experience is about them (to hell with how their boorishness affects those around them), glued to their phones, with 1 out of 5 males drunkenly spending the entire time turned with their back to the game waving their arms up screaming "C'mon stand up!" 

I’m sorry maybe it’s me, but isn’t that part of the fan atmosphere?