The NYJ Release Bryce Petty - Claimed by MIA

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Another mediocre QB now on the market.

Won't be long before a TSW contingent cries for the Bills to sign him.

:lol:

I'VE HEARD OF HIM - BRING HIM IN, OBD!!!  BILLS ARE TANKING IF THEY DON'T!!!  :rolleyes:

NFLN (Rappaport?) has already been saying Bridgewater likely gone - in part b/c he's apparently not healthy.

Edited by BobChalmers

You know what they say....If you have 14 quarterbacks, you probably don’t have any....or something like that. The Jets finally got THE one, and that bums me out. 

• Like (+1) 1

Brash mouth Joe Willie Namath isn't walking through the locker room door any time soon. Nor is sure handed wide out Don Maynard either. Until then the Jets are still grounded...mired in neutral when they aren't stuck in reverse.

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I always liked Petty for some reason. I feel like he has a real live arm. Maybe in a better situation he could get better. 

...he should wear #43 and get an endorsement deal from Richard.....NFL QB ain't happenin' any time soon......

• Haha (+1) 1

Maybe he can head south and drive stockcars for his Grand Pappy #43 ;)

13 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...he should wear #43 and get an endorsement deal from Richard.....NFL QB ain't happenin' any time soon......

Beat me to it :)

13 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Bills are looking for a 4th QB for training camp. Bring him in.

I thought they brought in the Polish Rifle as a UDFA? ;)

QB Ryan Zapoticky of Shippensburg  and this guy  Austin Apodoca QB - WSU/NM

Edited by JMF2006

Jets QB Hackenberg Overhauling Throwing Motion

The Jets released Bryce Petty on Thursday, leaving three quarterbacks ahead of Christian Hackenbergon the depth chart.

Two years into his career, the 2016 second-round draft pick has yet to throw an official NFL pass. Is there reason to believe Hackenberg can push free-agent acquisition Teddy Bridgewater for the No. 3 job behind Sam Darnold and Josh McCown?

Last we heard from the team on Hackenberg's status, coach Todd Bowles said the former Penn State star has "got to correct a lot of things, obviously."

To that end, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported on Thursday's edition of NFL Up to the Minute, Hackenberg has been working with quarterback guru Jeff Christensen to rebuild his mechanics.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to The NYJ Release Bryce Petty - Claimed by MIA