Move Training Camp Back to Fredonia?

11 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

Now that Russ Brandon is finally gone can we bring trading camp back to Fredonia and get back to winning AFC Championships and getting back to Super Bowls?

You can definitely bring trading camp back to Fredonia. Meanwhile, we'll keep training camp here in ROC, thankyouverymuch. 

33 minutes ago, SoTier said:

As much as I would personally prefer TC to return to Fredonia, I really don't think it's happening.   It's possible that the Bills might move the TC to another site now that a SJF alumnus is no longer the president -- and I have no particular reason to believe there was anything not on the up and up with the Bills/SJF relationship, just that with Brandon out, SJF probably lost it's key "advantage".

The advantage is they've been hosting it for over a decade now and know how to do it.  No reason to change, if they're going to keep it in Rochester.

22 minutes ago, yall said:

I'm Fredonia alum and would love them to return, but they don't even have a set of uprights for kicks for God's sake.

SJF is a pain in the ass to visit though. The buses are awful. 

The buses are bare-boned but do the job.  And you can always pay to park on someone's lawn.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The buses are bare-boned but do the job.  And you can always pay to park on someone's lawn.

Can't emphasize this enough. Anyone who thinks the buses are the worst part isn't doing it right. 

From what Sal C. said on WGR550 this morning, he gets the impression from Sean McDermott that he would rather stay at the facilities at OBD than go to Rochester. So, once the contract is up at SJF, we might see training camp in Orchard Park. 

• Like (+1) 1

I vote to return to the original training site at the Knox polo field in East Aurora.  Don't forget we won an AFL championship around that time. Used to go see them by Bicycle and admission was absolutely free.  No concessions though.

4 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

From what Sal C. said on WGR550 this morning, he gets the impression from Sean McDermott that he would rather stay at the facilities at OBD than go to Rochester. So, once the contract is up at SJF, we might see training camp in Orchard Park. 

Makes sense, the Jets and several other teams have done it. They could build a simple dormitory on site (think of a typical Motel 6) with maybe 60-80 rooms. After TC is completed, it could be used as a hotel during the season for  extra income as part of a "Bills Experience Package".  

Edited by Guffalo

35 minutes ago, yall said:

I'm Fredonia alum and would love them to return, but they don't even have a set of uprights for kicks for God's sake.

SJF is a pain in the ass to visit though. The buses are awful. 

The buses are the city's fault really. The Bills did have big, new, air conditioned city transit buses. But some weenie somewhere figured out that was against the rules to hire those buses. Which is how we all wound up on school buses sized for children :/

6 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I would rather McDermott stay there too if he wants to so bad. 

But keep camp at Fisher!!

34 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Make like Michael and Bolton.

Please, please, please move the training camp to Atlanta.  The Cowboys used to go to California, Texans go to West Virginia, why can't the Bills go to Atlanta?

I would go multiple times.

In all seriousness....I would think that having it in Orchard Park would probably be the next move if there is one.  The Eagles, Pats and Bucs I believe have training camp at the stadium/training facility.

A lot of teams do. But none of them are in the position of needing to draw from cities 150 miles away to fill the stands. (Rochester 70, Syracuse 150)

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Maybe we should move it to Toronto?  See what I did there?

Yes I see what you did. I hate you I hate you! :[

If I buy a good boat though Toronto is only about 50 minutes from me across the water.

I could live with it if they have camp near enough the water that I can get there easy from the docks. 

12 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

Now that Russ Brandon is finally gone can we bring trading camp back to Fredonia and get back to winning AFC Championships and getting back to Super Bowls?

This is a horrible idea.  The only good thing about Fredonia was the parking.  SJF is a much better option, and I see no reason why training camp would move from their in the near future, unless SJF opts out after the current contract ends.

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Yes I see what you did. I hate you I hate you! :[

If I buy a good boat though Toronto is only about 50 minutes from me across the water.

I could live with it if they have camp near enough the water that I can get there easy from the docks. 

How about right next to the water so you can fish and watch camp at the same time?  Save me spot and a fishing pole and I'll bring the beer and beef jerky.

The Fredonia/Dunkirk area has taken quite the dive over the last 10-15 years. Numerous factories/industries have closed down, jobs have been lost, ridiculous crap like meth has invaded certain areas of Chautauqua County, etc. 

While it's further away for some, SJF is easily the better option for camp.

Dunkirk Population        12,000

Rochester Population      210,000

Even Russ Brandon's libido can figure out that Rochester is the only place for training camp. 

Edited by Irv

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't think it's a joke to some people.

Just referring to the OP, his topic was more of a joke.  In years past, there would be some good banter.  It's a much more serious board now, where insults have become the norm when there is a disagreement regarding anothers opinion...

2 minutes ago, Irv said:

Dunkirk Population        12,000

Rochester Poulation      210,000

Even Russ Brandon's libido can figure out that Rochester is the only place for training camp.  

Or you know, Buffalo at the stadium/field house.