Move Training Camp Back to Fredonia?

5 minutes ago, Irv said:

Dunkirk Population        12,000

Rochester Poulation      210,000

Even Russ Brandon's libido can figure out that Rochester is the only place for training camp.  

Yes, but if you combine Dunkirk and Fredonia, it's over 20k!  Not by much though...

Edited by ricojes

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Or you know, Buffalo at the stadium/field house. 

I think they already have a lock on the fan base in Buffalo.  The idea is to get people form outside Buffalo to buy season tickets and swag.  

Just now, Irv said:

I think they already have a lock on the fan base in Buffalo.  The idea is to get people form outside Buffalo to buy season tickets and swag.  

Or we can stop caring about that because wheverver training camp is help that's going to happen.

Training camp has no affect on Season tickets. 

It will be moved back to Buffalo if McDermott gets his way. 

11 hours ago, Doc said:

I was thinking it might change, but then realized Kim is from Rochester and now President of the Bills.  So it's not going anywhere.

Well, maybe she'll be in a sex scandal like Brandon (allegedly), or dismissed for deceitful activities (allegedly).

#innocentuntilprovenguilty

#entitledtodueprocessgarbageandwaitingforpeopletounderstanditdoesntapplyhere.

11 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Well, maybe she'll be in a sex scandal like Brandon (allegedly), or dismissed for deceitful activities (allegedly).

#innocentuntilprovenguilty

#entitledtodueprocessgarbageandwaitingforpeopletounderstanditdoesntapplyhere.

Doubtful. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

This started out as a total joke. Seemed like some Rochester people caught feelings. For what ever reason the Bills have had very little success since moving training camp to Rochester. SJF is great place to have training camp. Although I’m originally from Jamestown and loved going to camp at Fredonia. Bottom line is I love the Bills and just want them to win!!???

I kinda figured it was a joke but you stirred up a minor hornets nest. Rochester has become a major Bills town thanks to the regionalization efforts and when players/alumni come to events the place is swamped. People here are just as passionate as in Buffalo.

That would be a dumb move..... Rochester has more Bill sfans then Jamestown area.... It was a smart move to move it away from Fredonia

Peole who think trainng camp location has osme kind of effect on the W L record is hysterical.

W-L is a direct coorelation to coaches and team talent and nothingot do with training camp location

58 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

From what Sal C. said on WGR550 this morning, he gets the impression from Sean McDermott that he would rather stay at the facilities at OBD than go to Rochester. So, once the contract is up at SJF, we might see training camp in Orchard Park. 

Dobutful. SJF has invested big time for the Bills to have the facilities at their standards and the impact regionally in Rochester to create Bills fans is unbelievable. I grew up in Buffalo and was stunned when I moved here how much people really are hardcore for the Bills to the point it feels like your in Buffalo. McD will probably keep doing what he did last year where he does a portion of practice/night practice in Buffalo which allows everyone to kind of win.

Funny fact Rochester until the late 80/early 90s was a Browns town because that was the way the broadcast rights were and during that time the Browns were a preeminent NFL franchise. It was only when the Bills got good things changed and the the TV rights switched. The older generation 50 and above actually still have a lot of Browns faithful. Many are also Bills fans but still a ton are mainly Cleveland.

15 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

That would be a dumb move..... Rochester has more Bill sfans then Jamestown area.... It was a smart move to move it away from Fredonia

Peole who think trainng camp location has osme kind of effect on the W L record is hysterical.

W-L is a direct coorelation to coaches and team talent and nothingot do with training camp location

McDermott Disagrees. He was not happy about training camp being in Rochester. 

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes, the problem was a curse.

The only "curse" I am aware of were the "curse" words spewing from my mouth watching the QB play since the Bills were in Fredonia.

17 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

McDermott Disagrees. He was not happy about training camp being in Rochester. 

Yeah I can find no info that states this. So what did he say that could not be fixed in St John Fisher

Rochester and Syracuse fans are great . Bills should bus them in  and back no charge to TC at OBD.  The cost to move equipment back and forth  to SJF  should offset that cost.  jmo 

13 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

They won countless Championships and went to 4 straight Super Bowls while training in Fredonia. They haven’t done dick since relocating to Rochester. Just snuck into the playoffs. Move back to Fredonia and end the Rochester curse ??

And lose 30% of the fan base!!!!  Not happening!

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Not much good to say about the regular season since moving to Rochester. Must be something in the water ? 

Plus Dunkirk and Fredonia have many very nice hotels (LOL) for people to stay at to see training camp.   It was cool when the Bills were at Fredonia got to meet many of them downtown in the bars like fountain grill etc.  

Training Camp in Rochester had one goal, regionalizing the franchise. It has been a grand slam and the envy of the league. Teams have spent 2 decades trying to duplicate what the Bills are doing there.

If the Bills did anything it would be to move it back to the stadium like everyone else seems to be doing. That would be a massive mistake. Training Camp should remain in Rochester until forever. The ONLY possible alternative would be to move into the Toronto area (and that won’t sit well). 

29 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Not much good to say about the regular season since moving to Rochester. Must be something in the water ? 

Really made the playoffs last year. Outside of a lucky SB run in the 90s  Fredonia was no better.

Try harder