Buffalo Buds Draft Grades

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

Oh but I DID have a clue... A big clue was that Johnson has never had any contact or correspondence from BUF... A 4th rounder?

-That's not a exactly a low pick... These geniuses never reached out in any way to a kid they had eyes on in that round?

He was on the Bills board, alright... The DART-board these idiots used to draft him.

Oh yea the guys who drafted Tre white after trading down and dion Dawkins and Milano and signed Hyde poyer etc all of a sudden forgot how to draft talent. They get the benefit of the doubt until they blow a draft. 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Oh yea the guys who drafted Tre white after trading down and dion Dawkins and Milano and signed Hyde poyer etc all of a sudden forgot how to draft talent. They get the benefit of the doubt until they blow a draft. 

In my opinion, that's exactly what they did.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

1. Josh Allen -  B

2. Tremaine Edmunds - A+

3. Harrison Phillips - B+

4. Taron Johnson - B

5. Siran Neal - B-

5. Wyatt Teller - A-

6. Ray Ray McCloud - B-

7. Austin Proehl - B

I liked the draft. Allen wasn’t my guy but I am glad that they committed and didn’t overspend. Edmunds is a stud that had no business being around for the Bills. Someone called him Anthony Barr and thought that was a great comparison. I liked the Phillips pick. He isn’t exposive but can be a really good 1 technique. He’s a starter. Johnson fits this defense well and is at a position of need. Neal is that “new school” hybrid which is effective in today’s NFL. Teller is a mauler. Ray Ray is a playmaker and Proehl an athlete. It wasn’t a perfect draft but the Bills are better now than they were 3 days ago. If Allen pans out this is a turning point for the franchise. The draft is a B+ for me. I would have liked a deep speed guy and a RB but you can’t have everything.

I am going to argue that Harrison Phillips is explosive, in fact according to Pat Kirwan he is the most explosive player in the draft.

http://baltimoresportsandlife.com/kirwans-explosion-number-pass-rushers-2016-nfl-draft/

70 is PK’s magical number, Bench Press, Vertical jump, broad jump in feet.

42 reps in bench

32 vert

8.5 feet in broad jump

82.5 is the highest number among the players at the combine.

over 100 tackles on the Defensive line means he has a great feel for the game and a motor. Harrison Phillips is a A+....

(However) Phillip Harrison is my father, cause biological didn’t bother-Shaq 

Just now, aristocrat said:

Well when Edmonds is winning the rookie of the year award you’ll be eating your words

I keep a packet of horseradish handy for crow-eating... I haven't needed it for 10 years.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'll simplify this thread...

Do you hate the Allen pick?  Then you are 99% likely to say the entire draft sucked, and be very volatile about it, hurling insults at McBeane and saying such things like "Only the Bills would draft Allen at 7 when Rosen was on the board!" when it was earlier revealed the Cardinals were attempting to do just that and were upset the Bills beat them to it.  You are also most likely to say we overspent to get to 7 while also being one of the same people who before the draft yelled and screamed that we needed to trade up for our QB "whatever the cost".

I have thus far seen precious few people that hated the Allen pick that are actually calm and objective when discussing it.  Most sound like McBeane punched their household pet.  :rolleyes:

Just now, aristocrat said:

So you think the edmunds pick was bad?

Not "bad". Just not good...  I think these duma**es basically fell for NFL Network's hype campaign... -Shame, really...

The team was in postion to make significant strides.

22 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Oh but I DID have a clue... A big clue was that Johnson has never had any contact or correspondence from BUF... A 4th rounder?

-That's not a exactly a low pick... These geniuses never reached out in any way to a kid they had eyes on in that round?

He was on the Bills board, alright... The DART-board these idiots used to draft him.

Bills were at his Pro Day, but hey continue on your Warpath of misery.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Not "bad". Just not good...  I think these duma**es basically fell for NFL Network's hype campaign... -Shame, really...

Sure. Top five lb in the country according to butkus award. 6-5, 4,54 forty which is faster than kuechly, 19. On and on but you think is not good. Come on 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Sure. Top five lb in the country according to butkus award. 6-5, 4,54 forty which is faster than kuechly, 19. On and on but you think is not good. Come on 

:lol: Yah... Definitely NOT Luke Kuechly.

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Thanks Mel.  Edmunds not "bad".  For the record, can you dazzle us with your insight on this draft and on the picks that you feel we should have made. 

You obviously have quite a strong opinion of yourself seeing that you have far better insights than the NFL Network, our GM, our Coach, our entire Scouting Team.....so let's hear it.

C'mon, like I said it's obvious.  Many hold the view that if McBeane took Allen over Rosen he is utterly incompetent and unable to make good picks, ergo every pick of his must be a bad one and the Bills will, with 100% certainty, be terrible next year.  And it will take a lot more then piddly things like "facts" and "logic" to sway them.  :D

Just now, Flutie Flakes said:

Thanks Mel.  Edmunds not "bad".  For the record, can you dazzle us with your insight on this draft and on the picks that you feel we should have made. 

You obviously have quite a strong opinion of yourself seeing that you have far better insights than the NFL Network, our GM, our Coach, our entire Scouting Team.....so let's hear it.

It' already on the table man... I don't love the pick.

2 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Add me to your list.  Allen will go down as one of worst QB picks ever.

1. Josh Allen -  F

1. Tremaine Edmunds - B

3. Phillip Harrison - C

4. Taron Johnson - F

5. Siran Neal - D

5. Wyatt Teller - C+

6. Ray Ray McCloud - F

7. Austin Proehl - C

Madness! What a travesty! Worst draft ever! Here are my grades:

1. Josh Allen -  G-

1. Tremaine Edmunds - D+

3. Phillip Harrison - W

4. Taron Johnson - L-/M+

5. Siran Neal - 28%

5. Wyatt Teller - N/A

6. Ray Ray McCloud - Z

7. Austin Proehl - Who??!?

What are we fielding, a table tennis squad? Fire everybody NOW! GRRR

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Thats a comparison and potential whether you like it or not. 

FTR, I hope you're right, and I'm wrong... if you're right, Edmunds will be able to diagnose, close space, and be the most disruptive thing on the field.

If, I'm right, he's not an NFL fit at ILB, and will require comprehensive instruction at the position... If I'm right, he'll often be late to the ball, and look completely lost out there.

Guess we'll see.

4 minutes ago, #34fan said:

FTR, I hope you're right, and I'm wrong... if you're right, Edmunds will be able to diagnose, close space, and be the most disruptive thing on the field.

If, I'm right, he's not an NFL fit at ILB, and will require comprehensive instruction at the position... If I'm right, he'll often be late to the ball, and look completely lost out there.

Guess we'll see.

Gotcha he’s gonna go from being one of the best linebacker in college to forgetting how to play lb. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Guess we'll see.

So please give us SPECIFICS as to why you feel he will need "comprehensive instruction" at the LB position?  I am still waiting to hear your invaluable insights into why we made this pick?  Maybe you can also enlighten us on our other poor picks as well seeing as you have so much more insight in evaluating talent.  

3 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

1. Josh Allen -  A+

1. Tremaine Edmunds - A

3. Phillip Harrison - B

4. Taron Johnson - F

5. Siran Neal - D

5. Wyatt Teller - C+

6. Ray Ray McCloud - F

7. Austin Proehl - B

We still didn't address a deep outside threat. That's the big miss.

There wasn't a good one in the draft. 

16 minutes ago, Flutie Flakes said:

But explain how this team did not make significant strides in the draft....man.

Raw project QB.... ILB, with little instincts for the position... Short wide receivers.... DB's that faced pathetic competition at the collegiate level... Dude, we could be here all day... 

Beane failed... This is not a team that can seriously expect to compete with NE..... The worst part, however, is that the regime just phoned it in... -They didn't even f___ing try!

Edited by #34fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

1. Josh Allen -  D

1. Tremaine Edmunds - C

3. Phillip Harrison - B

4. Taron Johnson - F

5. Siran Neal - D

5. Wyatt Teller - D

6. Ray Ray McCloud - D

7. Austin Proehl - C

If Beane is a "freaking witch", he ain't a good one.  This draft was a prince he turned into a frog.

Edmunds a C shows what you know.  Your opinion is not worth much. 

13 minutes ago, Flutie Flakes said:

So please give us SPECIFICS as to why you feel he will need "comprehensive instruction" at the LB position?  I am still waiting to hear your invaluable insights into why we made this pick?    

I've been pretty detailed... Perhaps you should do your own damn homework -They made the pick because NFL Network said to... I watch college games... Edmunds has a long way to go.

Edited by #34fan

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Raw project QB.... ILB, with little instincts for the position... Short wide receivers.... DB's that faced pathetic competition at the collegiate level... Dude, we could be here all day... 

Beane failed... This is not a team that can seriously expect to compete with NE..... The worst part, however, is that the regime just phoned it in... -They didn't even f___ing try!

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, but don't you think it might be a little premature at this stage.  I for one would like to at least see how they pan out.  I'm sure there were people like yourself on the Patsies and Steelers sites that thought that Brady and Brown were busts as well.  

I believe in the process and I believe in Beane and our scouting staff until I am proven wrong.  To provide grades or comment positively or negatively is quite frankly premature at this stage, especially when these prospects are going to receive benefit of coaching and mentoring at the professional level.  If you watched the film on these players, they have the intangibles to go to the next level, which is why they were drafted.  Trust the process.

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

I've been pretty detailed... Perhaps you should do your own damn homework -They made the pick because NFL Network said to... I watch college games... Edmunds has a long way to go.

Thanks Mel.  Glad you watch college games.  If you think that our GM and staff made picks based upon what the NFL Network said, then you are a bigger a$$clown than I thought previously.

1 minute ago, Flutie Flakes said:

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, but don't you think it might be a little premature at this stage.  I for one would like to at least see how they pan out.  I'm sure there were people like yourself on the Patsies and Steelers sites that thought that Brady and Brown were busts as well.  

I believe in the process and I believe in Beane and our scouting staff until I am proven wrong. 

Fair enough... It's 7:45 out here and I gotta take the wife to dinner. You homers and process-trusters can circle-jerk with the Kool-aid drinkers til i get back. :lol:

14 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Or because he was one of the best linebackers in the country this past year at 19 years old. 

1. Josh Allen -  D

1. Tremaine Edmunds - C

3. Phillip Harrison - B

4. Taron Johnson - F

5. Siran Neal - D

5. Wyatt Teller - D

6. Ray Ray McCloud - D

7. Austin Proehl - C

If Beane is a "freaking witch", he ain't a good one.  This draft was a prince he turned into a frog.

Is this SaviorPeterman?

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Well you know what they say about opinions and !@#$s. 

Yeah and if we disagree with the insightful and omnipotent #34, we are "homers", "process-trusters" and "circle jerks".  I'm still waiting to hear how Beane and Company made their picks based upon the insight of the NFL Network.  The answer will probably be found somewhere under the topic, "UFO found on ocean floor".  The more you ask for specifics, the more bizarre the responses.....enjoy your dinner #34 and i'll keep drinking the kool-aid.  GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

1. Josh Allen -  D

1. Tremaine Edmunds - C

3. Phillip Harrison - B

4. Taron Johnson - F

5. Siran Neal - D

5. Wyatt Teller - D

6. Ray Ray McCloud - D

7. Austin Proehl - C

Edmunds is a C????  Wow.  You just declared yourself inept imo

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

Hahahahaha!!!! This just keeps getting better and better. 

Startng to realize that our fans aren’t as smart as I thought we were. 

The Tsw meltdown over drafting Allen is just epic.  

Fair enough... It's 7:45 out here and I gotta take the wife to dinner. You homers and process-trusters can circle-jerk with the Kool-aid drinkers til i get back. :lol:

As I noted earlier, 99% of the fans that hated the Allen pick are openly hostile and insulting.  Precious few discuss the point calmly and civilly.  Now, unlike some people here, I rarely, if ever, deal in absolutes.  There are indeed fans that hate the Allen pick that are calm and civil...they are simply in the vast minority here.

Careful, keep trying to reason with them and you'll all be called doodie-heads next!  :P

Year One of The Process got us to 9-7 and the end of a 17-year playoff drought.  I think they earned a bit of trust.

Edited by The Red King

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

No one here, no one, is more seasoned than I am, seeing as I was sitting in the Rockpile opening day 1960.  And this seasoned fan has learned over 58 years are three things:

1.  You cannot grade a draft until you actually see guys play 

2.  There are people who claim they are fans but really would rather predict gloom and doom and then hope they're right so they can say I told you so

3.  The ones under #2 have no business calling themselves fans of the team

Im pretty close to being as seasoned, my first time there was 1963.

I agree with your assessments, all three.

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I used to feel as that poster does now, then you grow up and realize

it isn’t worth it.

Theres no way to grade this draft right now. They are all ass hurt because they sucked down the koolaid served via guys on ESPN.

Social media is creating monsters out of people and everyone is an armchair GM.

I like the draft on paper.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Beane wasn't here for any of that. Nor was his new scouting staff.