Buffalo Buds Draft Grades

22 minutes ago, Radar said:

I tried to put ignore on troll Carter. Why am I still getting his posts. How do you ignore posted on this site?

That’s ok it’s almost his bed time anyways 

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

I'm pretty sure they've done it before.

So does every team, including the bills. Rarely are they day one starters though. Basically New England picked some players you wanted and the bills didn't so you are crying about it

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Where are the other teams' boards?  You claim knowledge of them, show us.

No need... I'm quite confident he wasn't on anyone else's 4th round board because he probably wasn't on the BILLS board either!

He had ZERO contact with the team until 20 minutes before they  picked him.

Idiiots!

Edited by #34fan

46 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

1. Josh Allen -  B

2. Tremaine Edmunds - A+

3. Harrison Phillips - B+

4. Taron Johnson - B

5. Siran Neal - B-

5. Wyatt Teller - A-

6. Ray Ray McCloud - B-

7. Austin Proehl - B

I liked the draft. Allen wasn’t my guy but I am glad that they committed and didn’t overspend. Edmunds is a stud that had no business being around for the Bills. Someone called him Anthony Barr and thought that was a great comparison. I liked the Phillips pick. He isn’t exposive but can be a really good 1 technique. He’s a starter. Johnson fits this defense well and is at a position of need. Neal is that “new school” hybrid which is effective in today’s NFL. Teller is a mauler. Ray Ray is a playmaker and Proehl and athlete. It wasn’t a perfect draft but the Bills are better now than they were 3 days ago. If Allen pans out this is a turning point for the franchise. The draft is a B+ for me. I would have liked a deep speed guy and a RB but you can’t have everything.

You don’t whine enough. I give you a D at best! 

Draft started out good and then went to hell:

1. Josh Allen -  A-

1. Tremaine Edmunds - A

3. Phillip Harrison - B

4. Taron Johnson - F

5. Siran Neal - D+

5. Wyatt Teller - B-

6. Ray Ray McCloud - F

7. Austin Proehl - F

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I realized that I am wrong too often so I figured it was smarter to hedge. I didn’t like Milano last year and loved Zay. 

I’m pretty sure Zay comes around...you know, after he finds his cloths. 

Just now, #34fan said:

Yah, the same guy that just got drafted by the Patriots, you duma**! :lol:

That’s the point. He is AWFUL!! It was hilarious on NFL Network when they took him. Mayock and Jeremiah didn’t even know what to say. I’ve seen pretty much every snap that he has taken and know that he sucks. The Patriots also used 1st round picks on Dominique Easly and Malcolm Brown. They don’t draft well!! They have Brady.

That’s the point. He is AWFUL!! It was hilarious on NFL Network when they took him. Mayock and Jeremiah didn’t even know what to say. I’ve seen pretty much every snap that he has taken and know that he sucks. The Patriots also used 1st round picks on Dominique Easly and Malcolm Brown. They don’t draft well!! They have Brady.

That will end soon, and the world will be a better place! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

1. Josh Allen -  D

1. Tremaine Edmunds - C

3. Phillip Harrison - B

4. Taron Johnson - F

5. Siran Neal - D

5. Wyatt Teller - D

6. Ray Ray McCloud - D

7. Austin Proehl - C

LOL!   I feel MUCH better about this draft class now...    

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I realized that I am wrong too often so I figured it was smarter to hedge. I didn’t like Milano last year and loved Zay. 

I went to BC and didn’t like Milano. I also loved Zay. It’s a tough business. 

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Your all on the list. you know the big list. You know the one they check to see if your naughty to our new QB Allen or nice. We’re waching you 

Signed the drunk ? table breakers. 

Am  I on the list? I wanna be on the list.  Can someone put me on the list?  

Wait...what list is this?

What year did you graduate? I went to Emerson but had a lot of friends at BC. I graduated in 2003.

Did you really?  Emerson is in such an awesome part of the city if I remember correctly. I graduated in 99. 

Just now, teef said:

Did you really?  Emerson is in such an awesome part of the city if I remember correctly. I graduated in 99. 

Yeah, it crosses the Common and Garden (although I think that it is pretty much all on the Boylston and Tremont side now). I loved Boston. I always said “if you could take everyone from Boston out of Boston it would be the best city in the world.”

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

I went to Harvard, not too far away. I had lunch and a couple beers. Nice book store. :)

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Yeah, let’s keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.

You must be a new Bills Fan. 

Us, seasoned fans know exactly how this is going to play out. 

Allen over Rosen, only the Bills, smdh. 

I have seen the same boneheaded take over and over by fans who have no clue WTF they are talking about.

Since the Bills do this over and over, please tell me the last time the Bills took a QB in the top 10? I will patiently wait for your answer. 

I will spare your J.P reply as trading back into the first in 04 when they truly wanted Big Ben and failed to get their guy. That is failure by a FO and norm in the past.

The EJ reply will most likely be next? Forcing a QB selection on apprentice GM in the making in one of the worst QB classes ever is also a FO failure and norm in the past.

Numerous FO's not going up and drafting a QB in the 1st is the only Bills FO norm that has failed this team. We have now only drafted 4 QB's including Allen in rd1 since 1966.  I'm not gonna waste my time looking that up but most likely a NFL record for least amount of QB's selected in the 1st?

This FO went and got the guy they wanted and most likely had pegged as their number #1 QB in this draft.  This is nothing like what the Bills have done in the past and not the old Bills norm.

People need to get off their high horse and stop crying that we took Allen and support him. Just because he wasn't "your guy" you need to let it go. I was upset the first 12-18hrs about passing on Rosen as well. I'm just glad our FO did what they had to do and got their guy they wanted.

I'm very , very well seasoned with this team, so please exclude me from your hot take on knowing how this will play out for us "seasoned fans".

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, it crosses the Common and Garden (although I think that it is pretty much all on the Boylston and Tremont side now). I loved Boston. I always said “if you could take everyone from Boston out of Boston it would be the best city in the world.”

I love that city too. I came close to being a full time resident, but at the end of the day, I can’t do full time city living.  We had a suburban campus, but spent a lot of time downtow. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I went to Harvard, not too far away. I had lunch and a couple beers. Nice book store. :)

They wouldn’t even let me on campus. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

They are onto the fake glasses/nose/mustache thing. I had to take it to a new level. 

I wore an ascot and a monocle...still got kicked out. Maybe they sensed me trying to hard. 

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

I like our draft.  I hated takin Allen over Rosen.  Seems like a firable offense off the bat.

Im gonna root for the kid but damn am i dissapointed. I hope JA surprises and wins the starting job. 

Every time Rosen got sacked and his head banged on the turf, I just might have barfed. I wanted him, but I can now appreciate how frightening that would have been for me. 

Just now, teef said:

I wore an ascot and a monocle...still got kicked out. Maybe they sensed me trying to hard. 

Just where did you place the monocle? Doing it wrong will get you kicked out of most places! 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Every time Rosen got sacked and his head banged on the turf, I just might have barfed. I wanted him, but I can now appreciate how frightening that would have been for me. 

That ones not working for me aug. I might have to wait a few months before i can drink the koolaid. It was a big let down to go from a QB that can start week 1 vs a qb whos starting date is questionable at best.

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

That ones not working for me aug. I might have to wait a few months before i can drink the koolaid. It was a big let down to go from a QB that can start week 1 vs a qb whos starting date is questionable at best.

I wanted Rosen, please let me cope!    

:)

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, #34fan said:

No need... I'm quite confident he wasn't on anyone else's 4th round board because he probably wasn't on the BILLS board either!

He had ZERO contact with the team until 20 minutes before they  picked him.

Idiiots!

So in other words, you're just talking out your butt.  Pretty much what I thought.

1. Josh Allen -  B-/C+

2. Tremaine Edmunds - A+

4. Taron Johnson - C+

5. Siran Neal - C+

5. Wyatt Teller - B+

6. Ray Ray McCloud - C+

7. Austin Proehl - B-

Here are my grades.  I'm over the anger of the Allen pick and at this point just hope he turns into a real gamer and field general at QB.  They took the riskiest swing you can take.  I hope they hit on something.  Edmunds and Phillips are the picks I like the most.  There was no way I thought we could get a possible franchise QB and guys like this on defense.

Just now, #34fan said:

Why? -You're the one happy he got a 7th rounder in the 4th. :lol:

I haven't said anything of the sort.  I know nothing about the kid and have said it's stupid to grade drafts till they actually get on the field.  You claimed he was on no one's boards and when challenged admitted you have no clue.  Otherwise known as talking out of your butt.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Perfect analogy for this years pick. 

Rosen= Rothlesburger.  Allen= JP Loseman. 

How much better would we have been with Ben? Our fate would have changed. 

It will be similar, they missed, missed again. 

Our fate remains. 

Allen over Rosen will be remembered as one of the biggest draft debacles of this decade. 

And only the Bills could pull something like that off. It takes effort.  

LOL what? Yeah, that was such a "perfect" comparison

I'm very skepticial the Allen pick, and am most certainly rooting to be wrong, and most importantly won't act as if I'm a psychic as to whether or not he'll be successful. 

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

1. Josh Allen -  B

2. Tremaine Edmunds - A+

4. Taron Johnson - B

5. Siran Neal - B-

5. Wyatt Teller - A-

6. Ray Ray McCloud - B-

7. Austin Proehl - B

I liked the draft. Allen wasn’t my guy but I am glad that they committed and didn’t overspend. Edmunds is a stud that had no business being around for the Bills. Someone called him Anthony Barr and thought that was a great comparison. I liked the Phillips pick. He isn’t exposive but can be a really good 1 technique. He’s a starter. Johnson fits this defense well and is at a position of need. Neal is that “new school” hybrid which is effective in today’s NFL. Teller is a mauler. Ray Ray is a playmaker and Proehl an athlete. It wasn’t a perfect draft but the Bills are better now than they were 3 days ago. If Allen pans out this is a turning point for the franchise. The draft is a B+ for me. I would have liked a deep speed guy and a RB but you can’t have everything.

UDFA: Maybe we can? 

Agreed B+, turning point draft if Allen reaches his potential.

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I haven't said anything of the sort.  I know nothing about the kid and have said it's stupid to grade drafts till they actually get on the field.  You claimed he was on no one's boards and when challenged admitted you have no clue.  Otherwise known as talking out of your butt.

Oh but I DID have a clue... A big clue was that Johnson has never had any contact or correspondence from BUF... A 4th rounder?

-That's not a exactly a low pick... These geniuses never reached out in any way to a kid they had eyes on in that round?

He was on the Bills board, alright... The DART-board these idiots used to draft him.

Edited by #34fan