NFL.com Calls The Bills "Losers" For Drafting Allen; Compare Him to JP Losman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929261/article/2018-nfl-draft-debrief-winners-and-losers-from-round-1

"Buffalo Bills: The Bills traded out of their No. 10 overall pick a year ago, passing on the chance to draft Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in favor of amassing draft capital. This season, the Bills usedsignificant draft capital to trade up for quarterback Josh Allen (moving from 12th overall to seventh). The kids would call that hustling backward, especially when Allen has an uphill climb just to surpass previous Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor's level of production.

Bills fans will point to this being the first draft for GM Brandon Beane, who was hired last May, but that only emphasizes how tricky it is to come up with a cohesive roster when the GM and coach are always in flux. Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set. Allen is reminiscent of a souped-up version of another Bills first-round quarterback: J.P. Losman, a player with accuracy issues who was a star in the pre-draft season because of his measurables. Losman was taken 22nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and proceeded to compile a 10-23 record in Buffalo.

Give Beane some credit for his conviction in Allen and talented all-around linebacker Tremaine Edmunds(taken by the Bills at No. 16 overall), who should be a tackle machine in coach Sean McDermott's system. I hope I'm wrong about Allen, because a happy Bills fan base makes for a better NFL."

Allen is about 1,000 times smarter & a much harder worker than JP.  Instead of picking up garbage, Josh will be working with his WRs.  Allen didn't have to retake the Wonderlic a 2nd time after spending time being coached up like JP.  

There is no valid comparison.  

• Like (+1) 1

I don't care who the #%€$ Josh Allen is being compared to because in the end it's nearly all going to come downt to JA. Josh Allen isn't JP Losman. He's not anyone else, so I'll just sit back and hope he will be great. He's one of us now.

56 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I've read other commentators that Allen has unlimited upside and could have been the best QB in the draft.  Only time will tell.

Let's hope so!

He was my 4th rated QB but he’s my guy now because he’s a bill...

and I always said if he puts it all together he will be a superstar 

his accuracy #s aren’t as crazy bad as some make them out to be.

he had over 20 drops on the season...

Over his 11 game season if you add 1 completion a game his completion % rises to 60%

if you add 15 completions over 11 games for 1.3 completions per game his completion % rises to a very respectable 62.8%

That is all while playing in a Pro Style offense and having to run for his life

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1