Would Allen have been there at 12?

On 4/26/2018 at 9:12 PM, Logic said:

No. Schefter reported that the Cardinals wanted him, and that had been reported by other draft analysts recently. I think they still would have traded up, but would have taken Allen at 10 instead of Rosen.

Now...would ROSEN have been available at 12? Very possibly.

And risk Miami taking Rosen at 11? Not worth it. This place would have lost its collective mind if we had been shut out of the top 4 QB’s.

1 hour ago, QB12 said:

Yes, he would have still been there for the taking at the 12th pick if the Bills didn't move up to take him before then.

I completely disagree with this, but it doesn’t really matter in the long run. We still got 2 potentially great players in the first round as well as others with great upside in the following rounds. Beane did the right thing in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

100% NO, Josh Allen was both the Dolphins and Cardinals primary target, there are also other teams rumored to be interested enough to trade up if he began to fall.

Didn't know about Miami liking Allen.  Where did you read that?  I think there was a 0% chance that Allen would have been there at 12.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:27 AM, Awwufelloff said:

Agreed and Arizona wanted Rosen not allen. Allen would have been there at 12.

Man, you guys on here really like talking out of you asses, don't you, it has been reported by 2 sources that Allen was the Cardinals #1 target, also it was reported that the Dolphins were very high on Allen, I see whats happening here, people just can't accept that the professionals all saw Josh Allen as a superior QB to your Josh Rosen, such babies. We did the right thing, too bad you dead enders are gonna miss out while you pout.

4 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Didn't know about Miami liking Allen.  Where did you read that?  I think there was a 0% chance that Allen would have been there at 12.

There were at least a few local stories that they would take Allen if he fell to them, Dolphins spent time with him at the Senior Bowl, Pro Day and had him in for a visit and there was "rumors" on profootballtalk.com.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was in favor of holding onto the picks and taking who fell to us at 12, but now that I have studied Allen, we did the right thing. Allen would have been gone, they didn’t like Rosen (rightly so), and would have left Randolph.

2 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

I think there's a good chance he actually would've still been there in the second round.

I'm not buying the report that Arizona wanted him. 

i heard on the radio yesterday that (allegedly), az had a deal with denver all set for allen at 5 but when chubb fell into denver's lap they stayed put. 

Based on everything we know, and everything that has been reported - the answer is almost certainly no. 

Josh Allen would have definitely been picked before #12.

Over the last few months, I've been very clear about my preference.  I personally had Josh Rosen as my #2 quarterback (after Sam Darnold), and very much wanted him before Allen.  In fact, I wasn't much of an Allen fan at all, and was pretty disappointed when the Bills decided to go with him.

But it's clear that NFL teams did not feel that way.  At least a good chunk of them.  Whether Bills fans like it or not, many GMs and coaches had major concerns over Rosen's personality/character/leadership.  The Browns have openly admitted there was something about Rosen they didn't like.  There were countless reports during the draft that Rosen was going to be the 4th QB off the board (he was) and some teams refused to draft him altogether.

I like what I saw with Rosen on tape.  But there is something about him in the interview process (which fans are not privy to) that totally turned teams off.  Two weeks ago, we could have chalked this up to a smokescreen.  Now that the draft is finished and teams are more willing to discuss their thoughts, it's becoming clear those reports were very accurate.