If AJ McCarron plays great

I'm skeptical of AJ being great on the Bills. If that does happen then at least you have an answer. That is what every one would want. I am assuming by great we talking him securing his place. Like coming from behind. Not stalling out frequently. Moving the chains. 

I will go buy his jersey and wear it. My prediction is that he turns out to be average. I would be plessently surprised if Daboll and Aj could turn some heads and I would give tons of credit for getting it together so fast. 

I want to be optimistic. I hope how I feel is wrong. I hope the horse doesn't trip outside the gate. If AJ doesn't do well I will be understanding. Dissapointed but you play the cards your dealt. 

Although I do think it's possible to AJ to develop a rythm and win games. I'll be rooting for it. 

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Jesus.  Never said he would.   

He repeated what Beane said. 

If he wins it he wins it.  What is wrong with people needing to see guys “fail”.  

I dont need to see him fail. I just don't think he will play well...at least not for more than a few games into the season once DCs figure him out. He might win the job and look good for a few games...by game 4 and 5 tho...

On 4/26/2018 at 9:52 PM, Kingston Bills Fan said:

There is no way we would ever get near the value we gave up for Allen. If AJ plays great and he becomes our QB. They would never get a first and 2 seconds back for Allen!

No worries, he won't. 

On 4/26/2018 at 6:52 PM, Kingston Bills Fan said:

There is no way we would ever get near the value we gave up for Allen. If AJ plays great and he becomes our QB. They would never get a first and 2 seconds back for Allen!

You should not be allowed to start another thread until you understand:

A) The game of football

B) What makes an interesting thread

C) Why the Byzantine Empire was finally conquered even though Constantinople recovered from the sacking of 1204

(I'm making it really hard so you can't start any more threads)

• Haha (+1) 1

Admittedly I'm new to this forum, but are there actually posters who are concerned about what return we can get for Allen if McCarran becomes our "franchise" guy? That would be the best problem ever.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/27/2018 at 7:33 AM, Mr. ChumChums said:

Correction - AJ is our bridge this year, and maybe our backup next year. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Allen 2 years to develop further - he's not ready yet IMO. Excited to see the potential though,.

We need to first go through TC and see who takes the top position...

If AJ McCarron plays great then we have a guy that can play well as a backup if he can't outplay McCarron.  Also it allows Allen to sit on the bench and learn until he is ready to outplay AJ.  If that never happens, at least we took a swing.  You miss every shot you don't take.

That's not true.  It all depends on what Josh Allen shows during limited time on the field.

Let's assume your scenario comes true (AJ McCarron is fantastic and becomes our franchise QB).  Then at some point, the Bills decide to recoup some value by trading Allen.

Teams have shown a willingness to part with very high picks (often 1st-2nd Rounders) for players that show even a small display of competence on the field.  The Bills just need to plug Allen into a few meaningless situations (preseason, garbage time, etc.) and hope he shows well.  If a guy with Allen's physical talent looked good, QB-needy teams would be lining up around the block to trade for him.

On 4/26/2018 at 9:52 PM, Kingston Bills Fan said:

So you draw up a sceanior where the bills have/find  a franchise qb and find a way to B word about it.  Great

Myself personally,  A J McCarron is an important factor in how well Josh Allen acclimates to the NFL. Having many of the same attributes excluding arm strength McCarron's game management skills will make for a good example in my humble opinion.

Best case scenario is for J Allen to stand on the sidelines for a few seasons watching McCarron play great IMO.

Win, win situation... 

• Like (+1) 1