Browns Take Mayfield at #1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't catch the name but I'm listening to ESPN Radio NY right now.  Their Giants reporter said she has no doubt the Giants take Barkley.

It's pretty much a guarantee, if the Browns take Darnold as expected.

If the Browns take Mayfield or Allen, then all hell could break loose. Bills may need to trade to 4 then to get ahead of the Broncos.

3 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Rosen is the only day one projected starter. And I would actually prefer to have Mayfield out of the division and Darnold slipping to the jets. With his interception issues, the complete lack of offensive talent on the Jets side, and the presssure of the New York market to start him too quickly I could see him busting there, real easy, and setting the Jets back for another 5 years. Baker is the one QB I would not want to play against regularly. He gets the ball out too fast. If he develops, he will be hard to game play for; Darnold not so much.

I feel like I need to put to rest this perceived "interception issue" with Sam Darnold.   Please see below for the interception ratio between Darnold and Rosen.   Now, I would prefer for both of them to throw less interceptions.  But the "issue" in correlation to Darnold is a complete myth, especially when the comparison always seems to be Rosen.  

Player

Int/gm

Int/att

Rosen

Darnold

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

If that happens, then I can certainly see Bills trading back down from 12, adding another 1st in 2019 and borrowing the tank from Harborside.

haven't heard tanking in a while. Buffalo fans seem to enjoy losing

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't get why it's hard to believe.

He's an elite passer with top notch accuracy who makes his team mates better. 

Put Mayfield with Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, David Njoku and Carlos Hyde, and trade down a couple picks and grab McGlinchy as LT, and that offense is one of the best in the league moving forward. 

Then use the rest of their picks upgrading the defense and the Browns could be a really good team. 

Edited by jrober38

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

If the Browns take Mayfield, the Giants take Darnold and the Jets take Rosen my excitement for the draft will take a nosedive quickly.

I would stay at 12 then and just fill holes and hope for Keenum next offseason.

I'd consider Jackson at 12, but I'd be open to this as well. 

I'd try to trade out of 12 and try to pick up a 2019 first round pick. 

35 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Ugh. 

Eli is 37 and hasn't been good in years. Davis Webb is just a guy until he proves otherwise. 

They have an opportunity to solidify the QB position for the next 10+ years. No chance they pass that up. 

Your mistake is thinking logically. You need to think like a dumb NFL GM.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

I'd consider Jackson at 12, but I'd be open to this as well. 

I'd try to trade out of 12 and try to pick up a 2019 first round pick. 

It would be a major letdown, but you can't panic and do something stupid if a guy you love isn't there. The QB craze will push other players down to 12.

I might trade out of 12, pick up an extra 2nd this year, and draft TWO 2nd round QBs, hoping to hit on one.

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I feel like I need to put to rest this perceived "interception issue" with Sam Darnold.   Please see below for the interception ratio between Darnold and Rosen.   Now, I would prefer for both of them to throw less interceptions.  But the "issue" in correlation to Darnold is a complete myth, especially when the comparison always seems to be Rosen.  

Player

Int/gm

Int/att

Rosen

Darnold

Meaningless. Look at their ints on tape, and watch  Darnold throw into double coverage. And think about what that might project to in the NFL.Those stats don't really say much at the college level. I get the point, but wouldn't trust the sample sizes.

A similar argument was made regarding EJ manuel's accuracy. And I wanted to believe it at the time. Unfortunately, It didnt turn out well

Edited by MURPHD6

Just now, HappyDays said:

Your mistake is thinking logically. You need to think like a dumb NFL GM.

I had been saying for a long time that the 1st two picks would be Darnold and Rosen.   That makes sense to me even today. But as you say.......

1 hour ago, Mark92 said:

Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen 1-2-3

Somewhere AJ McCarron is doing cartwheels right now. If this is how it goes then we are screwed. I don't want ANY of the other QB's in this draft to be honest. It would also likely mean that we stand pat and go BPA the entire way. :censored::censored::censored:

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I don't get why it's hard to believe.

He's an elite passer with top notch accuracy who makes his team mates better. 

Put Mayfield with Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, David Njoku and Carlos Hyde, and trade down a couple picks and grab McGlinchy as LT, and that offense is one of the best in the league moving forward. 

Then use the rest of their picks upgrading the defense and the Browns could be a really good team. 

No one with his height has gone top 10 since Mike Vick. And he’s much slower than Vick. Not saying that’s how it should be, but that is why it’s surprising. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

No one with his height has gone top 10 since Mike Vick. And he’s much slower than Vick. Not saying that’s how it should be, but that is why it’s surprising. 

But Brees and Wilson blow that issue out of the water. Not saying he is the same, but height isn't as important. 

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't catch the name but I'm listening to ESPN Radio NY right now.  Their Giants reporter said she has no doubt the Giants take Barkley.

Everyone reporting on the Giants today is saying it's Barkley. That makes me feel a lot better.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Height is the most over rated attribute when it comes to QBs. 

Just now, kdiggz said:

it's happening. too many heavy hitters saying it's true

This is awesome. But I don't want the Bills going to two. 

Wait for the giants to pass on QB (they arent taking one) and let the Jets take Darnold and then we get Rosen or Allen (whomever we prefer) 

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

This is awesome. But I don't want the Bills going to two. 

Wait for the giants to pass on QB (they arent taking one) and let the Jets take Darnold and then we get Rosen or Allen (whomever we prefer) 

Can't risk it.  If the Giants are willing to trade the pick, we aren't the only ones who'll go after it.  You have all this capital for this moment.  Walk out with your guy and build your franchise.  Just really shudder if it's Allen over Darnold and Rosen.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

True. Thanks.... Now I feel sheepish. 

Also, that's even better. Now I definitely want him going #1. 

It'd be a bit funny... supposedly he's declined live TV updates too... the Networks would just have to show a picture of him lol.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Can't risk it.  If the Giants are willing to trade the pick, we aren't the only ones who'll go after it.  You have all this capital for this moment.  Walk out with your guy and build your franchise.  Just really shudder if it's Allen over Darnold and Rosen.

I don't mind trading up, but I don't know who is actually going to try to get to the Giants pick. Cardinals? Dolphins? I don't see that. 

Just cause we have the capital doesn't mean we should overpay. 

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

It'd be a bit funny... supposedly he's declined live TV updates too... the Networks would just have to show a picture of him lol.

Ahaha! 

They would loose their mind. 

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

He should do Manziel's money gesture and watch the universe implode 

I had the same thought.