4-18: Memphis WR Anthony Miller Visiting the Bills Today

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 4-18: Memphis WR Anthony Miller Visiting the Bills Today

Those are two of my favorite WR prospects! We bringing in a lot of 1st and second round talent. I don't expect the Bills to trade up higher than 6.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

@mead107 thinks he only looked good at Memphis because of Riley Ferguson. ;)

I think it is the other way around. Ferguson would be horrible without Miller on the field. 

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Miller is my #1 wish in this draft. (other positions obviously take priority, but there are multiple people I can be happy with there- he is the name I want)

Do you think he is the top WR in this year's class?

Maybe I'll get bashed for this, but I have Miller as the number one receiver in this class by far (2. Sutton, 3. Cain, 4. Ridley, T5. Tre'Quan Smith, Equanimeous St. Brown, Christian Kirk).  I would absolutely love to have Miller on this team, I think he has OBJ like potential. 

This is the report I have on him. 

WR - Anthony Miller - Memphis

5’11” - 190 Lbs. - Senior

Pros:

• Speed.

• Route running.

• Explosive.

• Shifty.

• Running after the catch.

• Loose hips.

• Lateral quickness.

• Separation.

• Blocks downfield.

• Footwork.

• Clean cuts.

• Balance.

Cons:

• Plays against weaker talent.

• Inconsistent hands.

• Foot fracture.

Review:

(10/24) Anthony Miller has a special kind of explosive athleticism.  While playing against weaker talent, Miller has simply torn apart defenses.  He’s currently on a stretch seeing him reel in 35 catches for 492 yards and 6 touchdowns over just three games.  That’s 12 catches, 165 yards and 2 touchdowns per game, that’s video game numbers that are becoming a consistent outing for Miller.  Between the combination of his speed, route running, hands and ability to create after the catch, he has all of the tools to be the second coming of Odell Beckham.  It’s hard to give Miller a raving review considering the fact that’s he’s from the AAC, but Corey Davis went fifth overall out of the MAC.

(3/21) How Miller isn’t seen as elite puzzles me.  The lack of media hype is very questionable.

Grade: 8.7

Draft Stock: First Round

Game Films: vs UConn (2017), vs UCLA (2017), Houston (2017), UCF (2017),

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Do you think he is the top WR in this year's class?

I think he very well could prove to be. He's a "do what it takes to win" type guy (from what I've seen) and i always like those guys best. 

I think he is well worth a second, but I would also expect him to be there at 65 if we still have that pick. 

5 minutes ago, elijah said:

Review:

(10/24) Anthony Miller has a special kind of explosive athleticism.  While playing against weaker talent, Miller has simply torn apart defenses.  He’s currently on a stretch seeing him reel in 35 catches for 492 yards and 6 touchdowns over just three games.  That’s 12 catches, 165 yards and 2 touchdowns per game, that’s video game numbers that are becoming a consistent outing for Miller.  Between the combination of his speed, route running, hands and ability to create after the catch, he has all of the tools to be the second coming of Odell Beckham.  It’s hard to give Miller a raving review considering the fact that’s he’s from the AAC, but Corey Davis went fifth overall out of the MAC.

(3/21) How Miller isn’t seen as elite puzzles me.  The lack of media hype is very questionable.

Grade: 8.7

Draft Stock: First Round

Game Films: vs UConn (2017), vs UCLA (2017), Houston (2017), UCF (2017),

I think his stock suffers for three main reasons: 

1- Questionable level of competition. Especially for WR, this can be a big deal 

2- Foot injury. We're seeing his stock rise right now because he's finally well enough to show out. if he had been ready for the combine he would have likely risen well there.

3-Undersized. This is definitely not a deal breaker, but when you combine it with the lower comp. level in school, you do have to consider if he will be able to dominate secondaries in the big leagues. 

All that to say, I love him, but I don't know that he is the best overall prospect. I would, however, not be surprised if in three years he's the best WR out of this class. 

Of all the mid round WRs, this is the guy I hope the Bills still have the picks to get. I now MLB comes first after QB, but then this guy would be fantastic as a boundary WR to compliment Benjamin and hopefully they move Zay to the slot, his natural WR position. Kerley can also be used in the slot and in 4 WR sets adding another dimension. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

The beauty of this draft class is that there are about 10-15 guys all lumped together in the 2-4rd range and nobody knows whose the cream of the crop. My hope is that we get lucky and get Miller because he's relatively under the radar. 

My bet is he's not under the radar to GM's.  He's just not talked about much by the ESPN and NFL Network, Bleacher Report and others.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

both please!   Or one and Chark.  Not sure how we fill QB, LB, and OL in my scenario.  Whatever.  I'm sure we will get a WR, I'd like one of those 3.  A lot of mid-round WR talent in this draft.