Any Random dates that stay in your head?

Another Fan

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Looked at the calendar today and it jarred some of my earliest memories.  April 19, 1995, truck bomb explodes outside the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

What happened to John Doe 2?

5 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Looked at the calendar today and it jarred some of my earliest memories.  April 19, 1995, truck bomb explodes outside the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

3 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Also .....the Waco ordeal.

Late April is a bad time for tragic events. Columbine shootings were also in late April. There are other events as well, I can’t remember all of them. 

31 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Late April is a bad time for tragic events. Columbine shootings were also in late April. There are other events as well, I can’t remember all of them. 

On a personal level....I lost my Mother on April 1st...My Dad on April 9th.. My Mother in law on April 11...and my Sister in law on April 18th.  Greatful these were all different years...but.. 

• Sad 1

On 4/19/2018 at 4:54 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

<snip>.   Nortel relocated an office from Boca Raton to Richardson in the summer of 2002.   I sold my house in Florida and bought a house in Allen.  By Oct 2002  I was laid off.  Thanks to ENRON scandal  and the Telecom Crash jobs were hard to find and I had no way to pay the mortgage.  I returned to Florida in 2003.

What's the difference between Enron and Qwest?

About 3 months.

(lived Telecomt as well)

On 4/18/2018 at 8:27 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

No date spring of 2003?  but I was living in Allen TX when the space shuttle blew up and I could see the smoke trail west to east.  

February We heard a loud boom and ran out the front door to see this. 

hqdefault.jpg

I remember it was a Saturday but could not tell you the date. I was turning on the tv because some show I regularly watched was coming on and instead it was the live coverage of the debris trails across the sky. 

18 hours ago, KD in CA said:

April 26, 2018:  the day the Bills finally found a QB.

Well if "a QB" is your standard then April 25, 2013 should stick in your head too.

On 4/19/2018 at 7:54 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Date - February 1, 2003.  Saturday morning around 9 AM.      It got a lot of coverage in Texas.    @CowgirlsFan  about the amount of coverage there was. 

-  Do Not Pick Up Any Debris You Find.  Call the local authorities.  

See the source image

It was short lived.   Nortel relocated an office from Boca Raton to Richardson in the summer of 2002.   I sold my house in Florida and bought a house in Allen.  By Oct 2002  I was laid off.  Thanks to ENRON scandal  and the Telecom Crash jobs were hard to find and I had no way to pay the mortgage.  I returned to Florida in 2003.

I worked for Computer Consoles Inc. or CCI. We were absorbed into Nortel (Networks) in the 1990's, leasing computer systems and application software for over 50% of the Directory Assistance, Audio Response, 9-1-1 in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, England, and Australia.

Our main customers were AT&T, Sprint, MCI, GTE, and Ma Bell, which was broken up into dozens of Baby Bells. Our Office Systems were deployed in many law firms and government offices - including the Pentagon. 

Rochester, NY was the main hub for worldwide manufacturing, sales, customer service, and voice and database services. I was a supervisor in the world wide distribution center and interacted daily with field engineers, project managers, and sales, some of them in Richardson, TX.  My team's primary job was keeping spare parts available for local repair of over 100 remote offices. Depending on your job, we may have "worked together".

Nortel eventually sold us off, and I was laid off on 1/28/2007, after 27 years on the job and four years shy of retirement benefits. I fortunately got a pension buy out based on years of service, and moved my 401K out of Nortel's hands.

April 19th for a number of reasons.  First of all sadly it’s the same day as the Waco disaster and OK City bombing. But also it’s my aunt and cousin’s bday.  Just a big coincidence that my aunt had my cousin on her bday and it was the same day as all of that other stuff.