R. I. P. Barbara Bush

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Sad to hear but living to 92 means having had a full life.  She was a lady in an era where not all first ladies were just that.  

Yup.  I’d certainly sign up for 92.  That’s a very good run.

Living to 92, while taking care of her husband who was in worst shape is pretty impressive. Then throw in that she can also held the title of First lady and First Mother for 2 presidencies is amazing

Whether you agree or disagree with the families political views/time in office or not, she was someone I think anyone no matter of political party/belief could say was a very classy, strong and respectable woman.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Whether you agree or disagree with the families political views/time in office or not, she was someone I think anyone no matter of political party/belief could say was a very classy, strong and respectable woman.

You'd think that...but no.  

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

You'd think that...but no.  

Sadly, you are correct. Too many people place partisan allegiance over character and integrity. She was truly one of the good ones. We could use more like her.

Rest in peace.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Azalin said:

Sadly, you are correct. Too many people place partisan allegiance over character and integrity. She was truly one of the good ones. We could use more like her.

Rest in peace.

Whenever I need confirmation of how horrible people are, I just go over to formerly-Gawker and see what they're saying about Republicans, which is usually either "I wish they were dead" or "I'm glad they're dead."

Or, in this case, "Barbara Bush didn't die soon enough."

People are !@#$ing horrible.

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Whenever I need confirmation of how horrible people are, I just go over to formerly-Gawker and see what they're saying about Republicans, which is usually either "I wish they were dead" or "I'm glad they're dead."

Or, in this case, "Barbara Bush didn't die soon enough."

People are !@#$ing horrible.

You only need to read the comments following nearly any news story published online to see stuff like that. You're right, people are indeed %^%$ing horrible.

40 minutes ago, Azalin said:

You only need to read the comments following nearly any news story published online to see stuff like that. You're right, people are indeed %^%$ing horrible.

It's true, I dont know, but I believe the internet will be the downfall of humanity. Read the comments after any story and it always includes someone making some horrible comments

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's true, I dont know, but I believe the internet will be the downfall of humanity. Read the comments after any story and it always includes someone making some horrible comments

I love the lady, personifies class... Does this mean I can't make a joke? Unfortunately, I don't sometimes... Have the same class.

Too soon?

And... Lighten up people... Even her husband can tell a raunchy joke.

May she rest in peace.  She lived a long, well lived, fulfilling life..  No disrespect to a great lady!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I love the lady, personifies class... Does this mean I can't make a joke? Unfortunately, I don't sometimes... Have the same class.

Too soon?

May she rest in peace.  She lived a long, well lived, fulfilling life..  No disrespect to a great lady!

Theres a difference between jokes and most of the comments made on message boards or comments sections on the internet

I dont have a problem with jokes and most of the time i may be the one making one in possibly inappropriate situations.

58 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

And now former President George HW Bush has been hospitalized in critical condition :(

I'd be shocked if he didn't die soon.  After 73 years, couples like that want to go out together.

On 4/18/2018 at 9:45 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Too soon?

I suspect she would have laughed her ass off.