Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't even know if that's required. If we factor in the other rumor info about the rifts in Cleveland's front office then only Wolf has Darnold as QB1. Dorsey & McCloughan have Mayfield 1. Hue, Haley, Zampese, Saunders, and Berry all have Rosen as QB1.

If that's the case, then maybe they take the picks I laid out for #1 and accept that Wolf is overruled. In that case you have 5 wanting Rosen and 2 (one being the actual GM) wanting Mayfield. So even if they failed to convince the Giants to drop back to 4 from 2 worst case scenario they get to choose between one of those 2 and Allen at pick 4 (and wind up with picks 4, 12, 22, 33, 35, 53, 64, 65, and our 2019 1st).

I think domino #1 is the Browns dealing with us for 1. Then if we take Darnold on draft day the Browns call the Giants and ask if they want to move back to 4 and still get the guy they want so that the Browns have their choice of Mayfield & Rosen (or Allen, who knows).

could be, although a lot more risky if Giants decide not to trade out.  might be something they would want worked out before-hand if possible.  but if they really don't have a preference between 2 or 3 of the QB's then doesn't really matter I suppose

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't even know if that's required. If we factor in the other rumor info about the rifts in Cleveland's front office then only Wolf has Darnold as QB1. Dorsey & McCloughan have Mayfield 1. Hue, Haley, Zampese, Saunders, and Berry all have Rosen as QB1.

If that's the case, then maybe they take the picks I laid out for #1 and accept that Wolf is overruled. In that case you have 5 wanting Rosen and 2 (one being the actual GM) wanting Mayfield. So even if they failed to convince the Giants to drop back to 4 from 2 worst case scenario they get to choose between one of those 2 and Allen at pick 4 (and wind up with picks 4, 12, 22, 33, 35, 53, 64, 65, and our 2019 1st).

I think domino #1 is the Browns dealing with us for 1. Then if we take Darnold on draft day the Browns call the Giants and ask if they want to move back to 4 and still get the guy they want so that the Browns have their choice of Mayfield & Rosen (or Allen, who knows).

I think they will need to be really careful about moving down without having a direct plan of what they're doing. Just taking the guy that falls to 4 is not going to make that fanbase happy with all the other screw ups regarding the QB position. 

I would say at this point that Cleveland needs to make a decisive move at QB and stick with it, even if it means missing out on other picks. There needs to be a priority shown to the QB position, if for nothing else then just to keep the fans. 

This is probably also why the hesitation exists in the office. Maybe they like Allen better as a prospect, but taking someone that the media has considered to be a lesser prospect than Darnold is likely to get them in trouble. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think they will need to be really careful about moving down without having a direct plan of what they're doing. Just taking the guy that falls to 4 is not going to make that fanbase happy with all the other screw ups regarding the QB position. 

I would say at this point that Cleveland needs to make a decisive move at QB and stick with it, even if it means missing out on other picks. There needs to be a priority shown to the QB position, if for nothing else then just to keep the fans. 

This is probably also why the hesitation exists in the office. Maybe they like Allen better as a prospect, but taking someone that the media has considered to be a lesser prospect than Darnold is likely to get them in trouble. 

Right now the fanbase is excited to win a few games with Tyrod. Getting even a project QB with a very high ceiling (Allen) would be fine imo.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

25 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

this is his tweet from last night.  if i put on my Miss Cleo hat and try and fill in the blanks...

1.  Darnold - Bills

2.  Allen - Browns

3.  Mayfield - Jets

4.  Barkley - Giants

who knows what picks it would take to make that happen but I'm just trying to piece this together using the info already provided by PIZ

I really hope this happens as this will give us the choice of who we want, will show WHO we really wanted and there will be no excuses of we didn't get our guy.

As long as we don't pick Allen I will be happy. I have been championing Mayfield but really wanted Darnold too except he regressed this year. Hopefully he can reach his potential.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

That order players being selected is very likely with no trades. 

The implication is that's it with the shuffle

19 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Rumors of a 3 way trade Moving Buffalo to 1 Browns to 2 Giants to 4  browns to 12. Not sure of the other details.

The same one as this thread is based on? Do you know something?

37 minutes ago, PIZ said:

How would a trade THIS big get leaked?  Meaning, how did Bucky Brooks find out about it, and why would he keep everything to himself?  Why even mention it if you are not going to name the teams?

Presumably it was:

1. Only coming from one source

2. Coming from multiple sources, but none that were super trustworthy

I think a more likely trade scenerio is Bills trading with Denver to move to 5 then trading with Giants to move to 2. I just dont see the Browns giving up the #1 spot as there is no guarantee the guy they want will be there at 2. I also dont see how the Browns make out very well in the proposed trade scenerios. 

Lastly, the Bills can get to 2 without giving up next year’s first round pick. If the Browns like Allen and the Bills like Darnold why give up the first rounder next year to tske the guy you’d take at  2 anyway?

53 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So... Admitting that he has 0% say in anything? 

Hilarious. I’m actually listening to Cleveland radio right now and they believe that Dorsey is “allowing him to have an opinion” ... and that’s about it 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hilarious. I’m actually listening to Cleveland radio right now and they believe that Dorsey is “allowing him to have an opinion” ... and that’s about it 

Is that like: "I'm in charge, my wife said I could be." ?

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, MDH said:

I think a more likely trade scenerio is Bills trading with Denver to move to 5 then trading with Giants to move to 2. I just dont see the Browns giving up the #1 spot as there is no guarantee the guy they want will be there at 2. I also dont see how the Browns make out very well in the proposed trade scenerios. 

Lastly, the Bills can get to 2 without giving up next year’s first round pick. If the Browns like Allen and the Bills like Darnold why give up the first rounder next year to tske the guy you’d take at  2 anyway?

The issue may be that neither the Giants or Browns want to move out of the top 5, so we may not be able to get up there trading with either alone.

This trade fixes that.

More fuel for the Josh Allen fire:

I know he already said this last month but now we're one week out from the draft. The only QB this makes sense for is Allen. Hue Jackson is also an idiot so I probably shouldn't read too much into this.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I know he already said this last month but now we're one week out from the draft. The only QB this makes sense for is Allen. Hue Jackson is also an idiot so I probably shouldn't read too much into this.

They drafted Kizer, they are no stranger to sitting rookies. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

It makes sense for Darnold too.

10 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

So far in two different threads Hue and a "Browns Source" both laughed when asked about Allen and/or this three way trade. Laughing is a common response when caught in an uncomfortable  cover up/lie.

Just sayin.

It also is a common reaction when presented with something so ridiculous that there is no other response.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MDH said:

It makes sense for Darnold too.

Maybe, I would probably sit Darnold for at least half a season but I wouldn't declare that before training camp. The only QB you go into the season 100% knowing they are red shirting the year is Allen. Again it's Hue Jackson and the Browns so entirely possible they're just being dumb.