Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

My excitement over getting to number 1 might outweigh the natural angst in my soul at us getting a USC qb...

@kdiggz   Did he actually reference a 3 way trade? Also, did he seem as if he thought it could actually happen? 

READDDDDD his mind for us! 

he said it was a rumor he heard, but he did say "multi-team trade", which you would assume means at least 3 teams otherwise you would just say "trade."  could even be more than 3 teams.  said it would completely reshuffle the top 5 picks.  all of the teams working hard to screw over the Jets perhaps?  lol

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Pats trade to number 1.  Give up all picks this year to Cleveland. 

Just our luck, Pats trade up to #1 - they give Cleveland Gronk and in return get #1, #4, #33 and #35 :death:

• Sad 1

Just now, PIZ said:

How would a trade THIS big get leaked?  Meaning, how did Bucky Brooks find out about it, and why would he keep everything to himself?  Why even mention it if you are not going to name the teams?

It's more likely that this big of a trade would get leaked... 

Each time you have a trade happen there's probably what- 10-20 people involved on both sides? This has three sides. If there's players involved that number goes up exponentially. 

Not naming teams is called integrity. It means that he heard this from a source who had skin in the game and didn't want a leak and Brooks is using his professional integrity not to leak it. 

Also, it's possible it was leaked on purpose to get the wheels turning in other teams heads and see who reacted how. 

Not saying I think it will happen, but us hearing little nuggets about it is not unbelievable.

• Thank you (+1) 1

this is his tweet from last night.  if i put on my Miss Cleo hat and try and fill in the blanks...

1.  Darnold - Bills

2.  Allen - Browns

3.  Mayfield - Jets

4.  Barkley - Giants

who knows what picks it would take to make that happen but I'm just trying to piece this together using the info already provided by PIZ

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

he said it was a rumor he heard, but he did say "multi-team trade", which you would assume means at least 3 teams otherwise you would just say "trade."  could even be more than 3 teams.  said it would completely reshuffle the top 5 picks.  all of the teams working hard to screw over the Jets perhaps?  lol

All the teams in the top 10 conspire to somehow keep the jets from taking a QB.

Although, Rex isn't there anymore so that's less believable. 

In all reality, the Jets did invite this upon themselves by making their trade so early. They opened the door to all the other teams using them as a token (as in "look what the jets did, don't you want to beat them") and essentially encouraged those teams to beat them to the punch. 

More and more I think the jests dont care all that much who they get as long as it's a QB and as long as he has a pulse. (Not sure if that last part is actually a deal breaker)

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

In all reality, the Jets did invite this upon themselves by making their trade so early. They opened the door to all the other teams using them as a token (as in "look what the jets did, don't you want to beat them") and essentially encouraged those teams to beat them to the punch. 

More and more I think the jests dont care all that much who they get as long as it's a QB and as long as he has a pulse. (Not sure if that last part is actually a deal breaker)

But it would be very entertaining if it became clear the Jets could have stayed at 6 and still gotten the same player.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

But it would be very entertaining if it became clear the Jets could have stayed at 6 and still gotten the same player.

Exactly. And since they had to be willing to get any of the top 3, chances are good that at least one will be there. 

I wish it was in NY still and with the Third pick they took Lamar Jackson, or Derwin James or something really stupid and we could watch those d-bag jets fans be completely pissed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

this is his tweet from last night.  if i put on my Miss Cleo hat and try and fill in the blanks...

1.  Darnold - Bills

2.  Allen - Browns

3.  Mayfield - Jets

4.  Barkley - Giants

who knows what picks it would take to make that happen but I'm just trying to piece this together using the info already provided by PIZ

That order players being selected is very likely with no trades. 

13 minutes ago, Zac said:

#1 reason i'm buying this rumor is that there's nothing about Cleveland settling on a guy at #1 with a little over a week before the draft.  

This gets floated out to judge public reaction in Buffalo to that type of move and reaction in Cleveland to trading the pick.  The league drops the schedule to eat up worthless news cycle time, then drops the big trade to lead into the week of draft coverage.

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You are right.  The Jets GM Macagnan drafted Petty and then Hackenberg.  I'm shocked he still has a job.  But basically this was a desperate act by a desperate man.  He figured any of the top QB's would be good enough and better than the other guys he drafted so he made the trade early knowing that was as high as he would be able to get.  Unfortunately for him, that gives everyone else a long time to figure out how to out-manuever him.  Everyone knows the Jets are taking a QB so the Giants can feel safe dropping below them to 4 knowing Barkley would still be there.  So you get your guy plus picks.  It really is a no-brainer if they can pull it off.

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

That order players being selected is very likely with no trades. 

Yes, but he was quoting his previous tweet that was specifically about the crazy trade rumors he was hearing so this was in relation to that.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Cleveland will need to figure out who they are taking.  It all depends on that really.  Beane or Gettleman aren't calling them and giving away who they plan on taking.  They have to say we are taking Allen, but if you want Darnold before the Jets or Broncos get him then we can try and figure something out.  Luckily Beane and Gettleman worked with each other and Dorsey has traded with the Bills last year as well as this year so they have an open channel there.

I don't even know if that's required. If we factor in the other rumor info about the rifts in Cleveland's front office then only Wolf has Darnold as QB1. Dorsey & McCloughan have Mayfield 1. Hue, Haley, Zampese, Saunders, and Berry all have Rosen as QB1.

If that's the case, then maybe they take the picks I laid out for #1 and accept that Wolf is overruled. In that case you have 5 wanting Rosen and 2 (one being the actual GM) wanting Mayfield. So even if they failed to convince the Giants to drop back to 4 from 2 worst case scenario they get to choose between one of those 2 and Allen at pick 4 (and wind up with picks 4, 12, 22, 33, 35, 53, 64, 65, and our 2019 1st).

I think domino #1 is the Browns dealing with us for 1. Then if we take Darnold on draft day the Browns call the Giants and ask if they want to move back to 4 and still get the guy they want so that the Browns have their choice of Mayfield & Rosen (or Allen, who knows).

• Like (+1) 1